NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Solid win tonight. 10 of next 15 are against the Metro, time to really see where we're at.

Merrith

Damn. Hadn't seen that yet. If you aren't first, you're last I guess.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Waiting for Don Cherry to roast that guy. Should be coming up in 10 mins or so.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Only people roasting him that I have noticed are the Canadian fans. Most player response has been sympathetic and AV gave a bit of praise for his "competitiveness". He's one of the highest picks we have had in a while so NY media has beat this to death.

Edit: also the guy gave it back and Lias still didn't give a fuck about it.

Merrith

Kid didn't want a participation trophy. Also he already has a silver in something else. Sure he's tired of it.

People crying about it are funny.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Caps starting to break from the metro pack. Carolina and Philly in the mix now, 3 pts separate all the rest in the division for a wc spot.

Merrith

Caps starting to break from the metro pack. Carolina and Philly in the mix now, 3 pts separate all the rest in the division for a wc spot.

eh, Jersey has 2 games in hand (would be 1 point behind if they won those) and columbus keeps winning (thanks Toronto blowing a 2-0 lead against them with under 5 minutes to go the other night). Also if you believe fancy stat guys, we're overperforming our "expected goals for/against" by more than any other team in the league.

Merrith

The bye week fucking sucks, can't wait until that shit is done tomorrow for the Caps.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Totally agree. Not that the Rangers have been playing particularly well, but first the winter classic shit/holiday break, then we had the bye like a week later and now the shitty all star game. Kind of hard to gain traction.

Good thing the league isn't participating in the Olympics though, god forbid the players miss time to do something literally every fan wants to watch.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Totally agree. Not that the Rangers have been playing particularly well, but first the winter classic shit/holiday break, then we had the bye like a week later and now the shitty all star game. Kind of hard to gain traction.

Good thing the league isn't participating in the Olympics though, god forbid the players miss time to do something literally every fan wants to watch.

Id love to shit all over the NHL for all the breaks but at least for the bye week I cant. Its something the NHLPA put in the last contract, the players just want a week off. I was kind of happy for it since the Leafs were looking miserable, giving up 2 straight leads in the last 3-4 minutes of games. Then they went on their break, came back and did the exact same thing for a third game. Hopefully they figure it out before Saturday @ Ottawa.