NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Fadaar

That guy
The long breaks couldn't come at a better time for the Lightning with Hedman out for another 5 weeks.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Id love to shit all over the NHL for all the breaks but at least for the bye week I cant. Its something the NHLPA put in the last contract, the players just want a week off. I was kind of happy for it since the Leafs were looking miserable, giving up 2 straight leads in the last 3-4 minutes of games. Then they went on their break, came back and did the exact same thing for a third game. Hopefully they figure it out before Saturday @ Ottawa.

Yeah, I get that. Guess I just wish it was spread out a bit is all.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leafs cough up another lead in the 3rd and lose in overtime. 4 straight.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Leafs cough up another lead in the 3rd and lose in overtime. 4 straight.

Hey at least you got the loser point like we managed to tonight. Came out slow, managed to get to the 3rd only down 1, then played a good period and tied it up late.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found this interesting too.

4r9fd58hgya01.jpg

Thats not pretty.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Found this interesting too.

4r9fd58hgya01.jpg

Thats not pretty.

Want to see something scary? Go look at where the Caps rank for expected goal differential. Us in 1st could be nothing but fool's gold

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hayes (2C), Kreider (1W), Grabner (Leading Goal scorer), Shatt and Staal all out of the lineup due to injuries. Basically we are an AHL team atm, cool.

Credit where it is due, Shattenkirk on his 40 pt. pace with a torn meniscus since September is pretty nice. He has been struggling the past 5 weeks, but was on fire early on.

Merrith

Hayes (2C), Kreider (1W), Grabner (Leading Goal scorer), Shatt and Staal all out of the lineup due to injuries. Basically we are an AHL team atm, cool.

Credit where it is due, Shattenkirk on his 40 pt. pace with a torn meniscus since September is pretty nice. He has been struggling the past 5 weeks, but was on fire early on.

He put up points for us too, although it's hard not to QBing our PP anytime Ovechkin gets hot.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
No arguments there. Pretty sure I could put up a few pts with the Caps PP unit, fucking stacked.

With our dumb coaches he is QB'ing all stars like David Desharnais and only the first minute of the PP if he's lucky.

Merrith

No arguments there. Pretty sure I could put up a few pts with the Caps PP unit, fucking stacked.

With our dumb coaches he is QB'ing all stars like David Desharnais and only the first minute of the PP if he's lucky.

Not lately. Lot of fans joking about acquiring Mike Green somehow to play in the bottom pair and to QB the PP...despite Carlson having a career year, he still has trouble hitting that pass to Ovechkin for the one timer sometimes. PP has been hit and miss of late. Oshie not being Oshie since he got hurt hasn't helped, and frankly Backstrom has been underwhelming most of the year.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leafs come back and score 3 in the 3rd to finally win one. Its all thanks to Dart Guy of course

DUCLdIaVwAAayVm.jpg

DUCMDh9XUAAfV-f.jpg

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Kind of crazy how VGK, the nhl's discard pile, has a legit shot at winning the cup their inaugural year. Despite all the goalie injuries early on. It's actually really freaking amazing.

Merrith

Kind of crazy how VGK, the nhl's discard pile, has a legit shot at winning the cup their inaugural year. Despite all the goalie injuries early on. It's actually really freaking amazing.

We'll see how it goes come playoffs. Gotta give GMGM credit though, he picked the right 4D's and middle 6 guys with upside

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Them even making the playoff is kind of amazing considering they were expected to be dead last, but I agree top brass did some amazing scouting overall (though the salary cap helped a ton with certain exposed picks). Can't discredit the players though. In a league that is getting more and more dictated by advanced stats and metrics, it's nice to see players over achieve with chips on their shoulders like they have something to prove. They also have a ton of leadership in that locker room, which has been quickly getting replaced by younger, faster, flashier kids.

Just a really cool story overall, hard not to pull for them. Minus MAF. Fuck that dude.

Merrith

Them even making the playoff is kind of amazing considering they were expected to be dead last, but I agree top brass did some amazing scouting overall (though the salary cap helped a ton with certain exposed picks). Can't discredit the players though. In a league that is getting more and more dictated by advanced stats and metrics, it's nice to see players over achieve with chips on their shoulders like they have something to prove. They also have a ton of leadership in that locker room, which has been quickly getting replaced by younger, faster, flashier kids.

Just a really cool story overall, hard not to pull for them. Minus MAF. Fuck that dude.

Hahaha. So with you on MAF. Honestly though, while no one expected this (obviously) level of success, the expansion draft and rules were set up EXTREMELY in their favor to get some quality players. Also teams making deals to protect guys (or have them draft specific guys who maybe teams wanted to shed their contracts) armed them with a ton of picks too. I've seen some stories though where GMGM's plan is kind of in shambles now because he was expecting to be able to deal certain guys at the deadline (attractive guys or expiring contracts as rentals for other teams) and now they kind of aren't sellers, they may even be buyers of a sort. Obviously it's a good problem to have, but figuring out which guys to move or sign after this season will be tough.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Some of the deals they made around the expansion draft were just legit insane.

'Columbus Oh --- In exchange for selecting forward William Karlsson in the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets have traded their 2017 first round pick, 24th overall, a second round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft and forward David Clarkson to the Vegas Golden Knights, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced tonight.'

So Colombus gave them a 1st round and 2nd round pick for Vegas to choose the current 6th top scorer in the league. Thats starting to get pretty close to the Eric Lindros standard of steals.