NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im starting to grow fond of the 3v3 overtimes. Its so much more exciting to watch 3v3 hockey than a shootout. Also not a big fan of a game ending 2-1 where the winning team combines for 1 point.

Edited later for the Andersen stats. Talk about carrying the team.

xyize8dtdg201.jpg

Last edited:

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
StoiC. Tom Wilson with a 3 point 1st period against Chicago.

Noticed he was on the first line the other night. How long has that been a thing?? We are already missing our 1c, really hope he doesn't murder anyone tomorrow with that extra ice time.

Trotz/Shatt comments being blown way out of proportion, but I hope Shatty has a real good night all the same.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Noticed he was on the first line the other night. How long has that been a thing?? We are already missing our 1c, really hope he doesn't murder anyone tomorrow with that extra ice time.

Trotz/Shatt comments being blown way out of proportion, but I hope Shatty has a real good night all the same.

I think it's been a thing since Ovechkin and Backstrom were reunited...Trotz put him on their RW since Burakovsky has been out, left Oshie with Kuznetsov and Vrana. He's looked pretty good up there. Him and Ovechkin can lay the wood on the forecheck, and his passing and puck retrieval has been very good. Wilson retrieves, gets it to Ovechkin or Backstrom, and then goes to the net. It's been working. He only kills people who don't keep their heads up or who like to pull bullshit on one of our guys.

Yeah didn't read much into the Trotz comments. Shatty isn't a 1 or a 2, to be honest...and his comments about what he did well and not well here were spot on.

Merrith

And of course Pens and Isles go to OT for 3 point game. Metro crazy right now.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
kings win 7 in a row and 10 minutes later I see we just got PK Subban for pretty much nothing. Is this real life?

Merrith

kings win 7 in a row and 10 minutes later I see we just got PK Subban for pretty much nothing. Is this real life?

JORDAN Subban. Lol. He's the younger brother of PK (and Malcom, goalie with Vegas).

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I have now chosen to live my life as a Kings fan.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Tom Wilson occupying real estate in the heads of every Metro team and their fans.

Also point scoring machine.

Merrith

Yeah, as a Leafs fan I have no faith. Sorry. They'll likely win the cup just after the world ends.

Expecting 1st round to Cup might be a bit much, but the Leafs are on the rise, there is no doubt about that. Might want them to shore up the D a little bit for a deep run, maybe another year of experience needed...but I think it's coming.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Expecting 1st round to Cup might be a bit much, but the Leafs are on the rise, there is no doubt about that. Might want them to shore up the D a little bit for a deep run, maybe another year of experience needed...but I think it's coming.

I want to beleaf...

• 1Worf

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

Okay, so he's JUST human garbage. Funny watching him undress our "top" dman though. Smh, what happened to McD...

If Smith doesnt get right up, thats suspension number 3 on the year. Smith-Pelly got the non-call makeup call less than a minute later.

Typical Ranger game though. Give up early goal, fight back to tie only to lose on a late goal. Deserved the L, only bottom six Fwds showed up and the D just slept in altogether apparently. Shatty.... just no....

Merrith

Okay, so he's JUST human garbage. Funny watching him undress our "top" dman though. Smh, what happened to McD...

If Smith doesnt get right up, thats suspension number 3 on the year. Smith-Pelly got the non-call makeup call less than a minute later.

Typical Ranger game though. Give up early goal, fight back to tie only to lose on a late goal. Deserved the L, only bottom six Fwds showed up and the D just slept in altogether apparently. Shatty.... just no....

I'm laughing at you. Smith puts himself in that position, it's clearly shoulder to shoulder and a complete nothing burger if Smith doesn't purposely turn at the last second trying to draw a call and the guy hitting him isn't named Wilson. Not a soul even thinking that play was anything except Rags fans desperate for something to hold up and continue the narrative. Hard, clean hit.

He didn't really "undress" McD. I mean, when he suddenly pulls a slick toe drag to get around a D man of McD's quality call me, but I might be dead of shock. People DO however underestimate his straight line speed.

Merrith

Here's some close up looks. Where he clearly sees Wilson coming and is like "let me turn my back a little to try and buy this call..." and still Wilson hits him shoulder to shoulder. League has told guys these aren't going to be penalties when the player is the one purposely putting themselves in a dangerous position.