NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Power Rankings: Penguins start on top

upload_2017-10-5_18-24-54.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wings get the first goal and first win in the new arena, which will surely be the highwater mark for this season

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Lets just crown the Blackhawks already.

100+ goal seasons for Kane, Saad and Sharp

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Wings get the first goal and first win in the new arena, which will surely be the highwater mark for this season

The FML line (Frk, Mantha, Larkin) looked pretty good last night, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still don't have high hopes for this season, but I'm glad they pulled off a tough SO win.

Until Trotz gives the keys on the 3rd pair to Djoos and Bowey I'm going to expect us to struggle some. Carlson ended up with something like 28 minutes TOI which is crazy. Special teams jumped his up a lot, but still.

Bottom 6 forwards was a big drop off from the top 6 as well, although Eller and Connolly did combine for a goal.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Ace thread title

Alas, was hoping someone would make one sooner so I could call Tom Wilson garbage while it was still relevant. I'm sure suspension number 3 is right around the corner though, so i'll just go ahead and post this for posterity anyway.

Merrith

Ace thread title

Alas, was hoping someone would make one sooner so I could call Tom Wilson garbage while it was still relevant. I'm sure suspension number 3 is right around the corner though, so i'll just go ahead and post this for posterity anyway.

Finally gets a suspension 4/5 years into his career and the whiners say "a ha!" worth the price of admission. Every big hitter will get a couple, just how it works.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Finally gets a suspension 4/5 years into his career and the whiners say "a ha!" worth the price of admission. Every big hitter will get a couple, just how it works.

How many get back to back suspensions in the pre season? Zero. Dude is out there trying to hurt AHL players to stay relevant. Nothing you say will make that NOT pathetic. He got away with alot of dirty hits, literally everyone knows that. If the judgememt of the DoPS is the only leg you have to stand on, I got some bad news for you....

Merrith

How many get back to back suspensions in the pre season? Zero. Dude is out there trying to hurt AHL players to stay relevant. Nothing you say will make that NOT pathetic. He got away with alot of dirty hits, literally everyone knows that. If the judgememt of the DoPS is the only leg you have to stand on, I got some bad news for you....

He got a lot of majors for hits that were NOT majors, too. And penalties in general simply because he's Tom Wilson. I'm not defending either preseason hit at all, he got what he deserved and he needs to learn from it. If the judgement of on ice officials and whiney fans that hate that the Caps finally had a guy to lay out the hits we were taking all those years is the only thing we're basing it on...yeah.

Every hitter is going to get a suspension eventually, borderline/bad hits happen. Wilson doesn't go out there looking to injure people, he tries to hit guys hard. Not all of those are going to be clean, just the way it is. We'll see if he learns and adjusts his game. He should be looking to generate more offense this year. He's shown he can be a good PKer and bottom 6 player, but if he wants to be worth the 1st round pick that was used on him, he needs to start showing he can be a middle 6 guy with some offensive upside.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh. I always look at it like he's one of those players if he's on your team, you like the way he plays, but for everyone else you think he's dirty.

Probably happens more often in the NFL, but it applies here as well.

Fadaar

That guy
The Lightning need to kickstart my faith in sports. Outside of the Heat they've been the most consistently good franchise (all sports) in the state for quite a while now, need some redemption after last night. Ugh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Meh. I always look at it like he's one of those players if he's on your team, you like the way he plays, but for everyone else you think he's dirty.

Probably happens more often in the NFL, but it applies here as well.

No that's pretty much exactly how it is.

Merrith

The Lightning need to kickstart my faith in sports. Outside of the Heat they've been the most consistently good franchise (all sports) in the state for quite a while now, need some redemption after last night. Ugh.

If you're kicker is literally anyone else in the NFL, you likely win that game.

Merrith

Caps going to be a part of NHL history tonight semi randomly. Nathan Walker, 2014 draft pick, going to be the first Australian to play in the NHL.

Malakriss

20 minutes into the 2nd game, Ovechkin now has 6 goals on the season, back to back hat tricks.