NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lightning playing a whole different game after those penalties, this is how you win!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guess everyone pissed off is a recipe for good hockey, who would have thought lol

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1634261691128.png

• 1Leg Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1634265438082.png

Wow, ill say, that was an amazing game, if the rest of the season is this good, win or lose its gonna be a lot of fun!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This move is so unbelievably good. I would've been impressed if he did that on two rookies, but he did that on two veterans and one is a Conne Smythe winner... This guy is gonna have an amazing season I think.

EDIT: Technically two Conne Smythe trophy winners.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1 game suspension for Larkin, added bonus he’s now out with an injury sustained from the hit.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Such a joke. Dude gets boarded hard and throws a punch because of it and gets suspended. But nothing happens to guy who boards.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such a joke. Dude gets boarded hard and throws a punch because of it and gets suspended. But nothing happens to guy who boards.
The best part is he threw the punch because the DPoS did nothing to the guy that ended his last season with a crosscheck to the neck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Goaltending was a major issue. Georgiev ain't great and his puckhandling is crippling to our transition. Not a good start for Gallant starting the backup on the division rival.

The bigger issue was the PK, but it's mostly new this year so it's whatever. Not gonna freak out about it yet.

I will point out that certain prediction people that are big on expected goals models have basically admitted that the Capitals as a team consistently break the model, as they consistently score at a significant rate above their expected goals. Ovechkin and Kuznetsov have been shown to be big reasons for this (for obvious reasons). I have a hard time seeing the Rangers generating that many total xG in that game, too. Didn't feel like Vanecek was heavily tested at all save for a couple decent stops near the start of the game, and the one goal against which he really had no chance on. All of that pretty much from Ranger PP's.