NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dude looked shakey in the first two games. At that point you wonder if the off season and the success caught up. Just insecurities of a fan though. I think a million dumbass things a game.

And yes Ovi is the greatest goal scorer of all time. He will pass jagr and howe and has faced much more talent than Gretzky.

Don't leave Hull off that list of those still to pass, although that seems a formality this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember when the nhl said they were going to cut down on crosschecking? Fun times.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Kucherov injury might require surgery? So see him Game 1 of the playoffs and Eichel to Tampa somehow?

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eichel probably wont even play this year based on the recovery timeline. So thats not gonna happen.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Kuznetsov is playing like the cup year again; super active, super dangerous. Goaltending still suspect for Washington though, and will ultimately be their downfall. Wilson also seems to be playing scared, like he's just expecting to be called for any physical play whatsoever

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched the lightning and panther game... lightning looked sloppy as fuck, poor puck handling all over, passing back and forth throughout majority of power plays just wasting time.

Half the time players were in lala land, out of position and hesitating on every shot.

Either they are fatigued or something was going on with them but there was hardly any motivation to win that game.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched the lightning and panther game... lightning looked sloppy as fuck, poor puck handling all over, passing back and forth throughout majority of power plays just wasting time.

Half the time players were in lala land, out of position and hesitating on every shot.

Either they are fatigued or something was going on with them but there was hardly any motivation to win that game.
The 5 on 5 was decent enough. The power play was god awful. Spencer Knight was great. I think it was a decent enough game and I'm not too mad about it.

Merrith

Kuznetsov is playing like the cup year again; super active, super dangerous. Goaltending still suspect for Washington though, and will ultimately be their downfall. Wilson also seems to be playing scared, like he's just expecting to be called for any physical play whatsoever

Well considering the cross checking call he got, he might not be wrong. That after getting elbowed in the jaw. I actually thought Samsonov played pretty well for the majority of this game. First 2 goals were a terrible turnover on the PP and leaving a guy wide open with half the net open. Late PP goal against didn't both me all that much.

Agree on Kuzy, though. Had the puck on a string for a lot of the night. Saw an interview with him after the game talking about how he's not a shooter. Dude needs to actually trust his shot more. Have to make the defense respect the chance you might shoot if you want Ovechkin to be open more.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Well considering the cross checking call he got, he might not be wrong. That after getting elbowed in the jaw. I actually thought Samsonov played pretty well for the majority of this game. First 2 goals were a terrible turnover on the PP and leaving a guy wide open with half the net open. Late PP goal against didn't both me all that much.

Agree on Kuzy, though. Had the puck on a string for a lot of the night. Saw an interview with him after the game talking about how he's not a shooter. Dude needs to actually trust his shot more. Have to make the defense respect the chance you might shoot if you want Ovechkin to be open more.

It's not that Samsonov was bad, like you said each goal he gave up was defensible and he generally did OK. To win the cup you need a goalie that can steal a game and make a save that probably shouldn't have been made, and neither he nor VV are making those exceptional saves. They save what they should and surrender what they should. Neither of them is incomprehensibly bad like Holtby was after the cup, but during that cup run Holtby made those exceptional saves

Merrith

It's not that Samsonov was bad, like you said each goal he gave up was defensible and he generally did OK. To win the cup you need a goalie that can steal a game and make a save that probably shouldn't have been made, and neither he nor VV are making those exceptional saves. They save what they should and surrender what they should. Neither of them is incomprehensibly bad like Holtby was after the cup, but during that cup run Holtby made those exceptional saves

I get what you mean. I do think they've made some big saves in these first few games. I don't know if either of them (or even them combined) is good enough for us to really contend. It'll be interesting to see how the battle for the net goes over a full regular season.