NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
StoiCynic StoiCynic didn't deserve that one tonight. Guess there is a reason that Ovechkin guy has 720 career goals now, though.

Also the young goalie problem continues, Vanecek pretty damn good only allowing 1 tonight.

Yeah, I can't be too bummed. We played a solid 55 minutes of Defense and you're goalie stole one. Once our young forwards get more seasoned, these games won't happen.

Jacques Martin really did wonders for our overall defense and and especially the PK. Night and day from last year, he was such a a solid add behind the bench

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Jeeze, what the fuck is wrong with Toronto? 7 of the last 8 games lost. The eighth game an overtime win. They can't put anything together right now. No offense, crap defense, and, as always, they netminding is absolute trash.

Now that the games matter for playoffs they decided it's time to turn it off. Just like every year. What a bloody disappointment.

I hereby pledge to stop even checking Toronto scores unless they make it into the second round of playoffs. I'm done being disappointed by these over paid bitches.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I can't be too bummed. We played a solid 55 minutes of Defense and you're goalie stole one. Once our young forwards get more seasoned, these games won't happen.

Jacques Martin really did wonders for our overall defense and and especially the PK. Night and day from last year, he was such a a solid add behind the bench

Yeah, I was waiting for the eventual let down game with our current streak, plus we've been going with 11 forwards and 7 D for a stretch now without Wilson and Eller. Have to see if we play better tomorrow.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jeeze, what the fuck is wrong with Toronto? 7 of the last 8 games lost. The eighth game an overtime win. They can't put anything together right now. No offense, crap defense, and, as always, they netminding is absolute trash.

Now that the games matter for playoffs they decided it's time to turn it off. Just like every year. What a bloody disappointment.

I hereby pledge to stop even checking Toronto scores unless they make it into the second round of playoffs. I'm done being disappointed by these over paid bitches.
7f717416b280eed68f75ef9c1b69e3dd.png

Criticizing their scoring isn't fair. They've been putting in 3 goals a game or so throughout the streak and have had the better of the play by a good margin. They've had defensive lapses but every team does. Ultimately they've been fine though, having kept Calgary to 18 shots tonight. They are just being let down in goal. When your starting goalie lets in 4 goals on 18 shots, theres only so much the rest of the team can do.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
StoiCynic StoiCynic didn't deserve that one tonight. Guess there is a reason that Ovechkin guy has 720 career goals now, though.

Also the young goalie problem continues, Vanecek pretty damn good only allowing 1 tonight.

I know it's harsh to criticize him after he only gave up 1 goal tonight and he has played well in his last few outings, but Vanecek gives up too many rebounds for my liking

Merrith

I know it's harsh to criticize him after he only gave up 1 goal tonight and he has played well in his last few outings, but Vanecek gives up too many rebounds for my liking

He's just been really good since this streak started. Think his save percentage is around 0.923% last 11 games, only 22 goals allowed in those games, too.

Merrith

Win streak had to end eventually. Sad way to lose it though, terrible giveaway with like 3 minutes left.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AV getting exposed without elite goaltenders like Lundqvist and Luongo??

View attachment 343366
Partially. The defense has been atrocious. Giving up an insane amount of odd man rushes and getting beat flat flooted. Having Therrien and Yeo as your assistants is not good either. Bad defense and bad special teams, who would of thought.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Partially. The defense has been atrocious. Giving up an insane amount of odd man rushes and getting beat flat flooted. Having Therrien and Yeo as your assistants is not good either. Bad defense and bad special teams, who would of thought.
Well that's basically what i'm getting at. I've watched his "hybrid" man on man D zone coverage fail for 5 years, only to be swept under the rug by Hank stealing games. Hart has massive potential, but he ain't stealing games at that rate in this division. Not yet at least. The shot heat maps for Philly are identical to what they were for NYR under AV. The system is too exploitable and constantly leads to high danger chances in the low slot. Watching them play is way too familiar for me.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The amount of odd man rushes TB has given up this year. Luckily our defense is not atrocious and we have God tier goaltending which makes up for a lot of it. But honestly feel ,like TB has been getting away with murder with some of these wins.

PS that goal by Gourde was absolutely insane. Best goal from the Lightning all season.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck Sergei feels on point tonight, and we get McElhinney... Mother fucker better perform

edit: Aaaaaand that was quick

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a playoff caliber game. I really hope these two teams meet in the playoffs. Gotta hand it to Mac, he bailed us out the first period. Good for him.

Animosity

Awesome game for sure. Got so chippy as the game went on. Mac has been trash all season, good bounce back for him. Wonder what it would of been with Vasy in net.

Fadaar

That guy
At least come playoff time we already know Vasy is capable of going the distance and playing every game

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hope this leads to every ref quitting "game management". Probably wishful thinking though. One of the worst problems in the sport imo.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Hope this leads to every ref quitting "game management". Probably wishful thinking though. One of the worst problems in the sport imo.

You know the only thing he did wrong was get caught. Make up calls have been a thing forever, reffing to the score has been a thing forever...it'll never just completely go away.

Animosity

It may be a thing forever but doesnt mean it shouldnt be talked about or changed. If theres a penalty call it. If there is dont. Ticky tack bullshit like this swings games. And now that the league is involved in gambling it makes the product look rigged.

• 1Like