NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So funny reading the Twitter and Reddit comments on this. He wipes his ass with $5k. I dont have an opinion either way, but anyone else probably would of been suspended.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So funny reading the Twitter and Reddit comments on this. He wipes his ass with $5k. I dont have an opinion either way, but anyone else probably would of been suspended.

Is this his first actual incident? I can't remember to be honest if he's had anything else that would rise to the level. If it's his first one I'm not really surprised they didn't suspend, everyone seems to get one where they fine first. I'm still in the opinion that actual head targeting with elbows and shit is the dirtiest stuff out there, minus someone just going full on crazy with a butt end to the head or something.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Is this his first actual incident? I can't remember to be honest if he's had anything else that would rise to the level. If it's his first one I'm not really surprised they didn't suspend, everyone seems to get one where they fine first. I'm still in the opinion that actual head targeting with elbows and shit is the dirtiest stuff out there, minus someone just going full on crazy with a butt end to the head or something.

It is super dirty, I'm glad they're enforcing it so strongly. That shit is what takes players right out of commission. I don't think he has anything else like this in his history, but he also seems to get away with murder on the ice.

Merrith

It is super dirty, I'm glad they're enforcing it so strongly. That shit is what takes players right out of commission. I don't think he has anything else like this in his history, but he also seems to get away with murder on the ice.

Does he? Honestly I don't get to watch many Edmonton games, I never thought he was that involved in much physical play. Crazy.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Does he? Honestly I don't get to watch many Edmonton games, I never thought he was that involved in much physical play. Crazy.

He does, but to be fair he is also a bit of a target, and people get away with hitting him, too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Super big enforcement..

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Flyers D and goaltending is such a disaster this year. Rumors of them looking to acquire a goalie is even more worrisome for Hart.

Penance

That kid Ross Colton ain't too shabby.

Top line needs to start producing a bit more if they want to be playoff ready. Also they need to chip in the puck more and work off agressive forecheck. I know they don't have Paquette anymore but Joseph/Johnson/Goodrow should be up to the task. This pussy footing around trying to split the line can't be the only neutral game you play.

Also use the blue line more in the offensive zone. I don't know why they are so focused on making plays in the middle. If they want to crowd the net make em pay with slapshots from the point.

EDIT: Before anyone corrects me and says Point got two goals that game that's the whole idea. We don't win when the top line doesn't produce. The top line has been on a bit of a point deficit the past few games.

Last edited:

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a good point. Why is $5,000 the maximum allowable fine? I agree that there should be a maximum, but why is it that low?
It’s in the cba. Which group between the owners and the players would want to increase it? And what would that party have to give up to get it?

No one gives enough of a fuck to move that number up.

Animosity

That kid Ross Colton ain't too shabby.

Top line needs to start producing a bit more if they want to be playoff ready. Also they need to chip in the puck more and work off agressive forecheck. I know they don't have Paquette anymore but Joseph/Johnson/Goodrow should be up to the task. This magic triangle footing around trying to split the line can't be the only neutral game you play.

Also use the blue line more in the offensive zone. I don't know why they are so focused on making plays in the middle. If they want to crowd the net make em pay with slapshots from the point.

EDIT: Before anyone corrects me and says Point got two goals that game that's the whole idea. We don't win when the top line doesn't produce. The top line has been on a bit of a point deficit the past few games.
Seems like Cooper keeps throwing the lines into a blender every game. And moving people around too much. He needs to keep Point and Stammer together. Splitting them up seems to be more detrimental then helping drive 2 lines.

Merrith

Caps should burn the tape on that game tonight. Started off weird with Oshie colliding into Samsonov and just got weirder and worse the whole game.

Merrith

Merrith is the saltiest sports fan on these forums.

Am I? I think the Caps had a really great stretch of games, but all the goals allowed in the 3rd period of games was bound to burn us eventually. Still, we're leading our division, I would have been more than happy with that had you told me that was where we would be at the start of the season.

I like the direction of the Football Team, too. Rivera doing a good job overall.

Not sure what the Nats will end up being, last year was such a weird "season" I kinda just chalked it up.