NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Fadaar

That guy
I tried to get tickets the exact moment they opened sales to the public. Got 3 center ice seats for $150 each. Then ticketmaster froze during the payment authentication. When I went back in they were $300 each. Then $800 each an hour later. Fucking infuriating. About two weeks later I checked just to see what they were like then. There were no sets of 3 seats together, but I did find 5 for $75 each at the very top of the arena.

Maybe try a bigger group of seats? Probably still stupid expensive in the bigger cities though.

it doesn't help that they didn't even have fans in the arena until March 13th :confused:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1618350685476.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
guess the Lightning aren't worried about backup goalie just yet. ffs they need to get someone not god awful this offseason.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I really hope Vrana is able to blossom in Detroit, or people will change their tune on this real quick. 0 points in our last two playoffs, too.

Mantha has 0 playoff points for his entire NHL career...

To be serious though, the Caps only got fleeced if Mantha doesn't live up to his potential. A change of scenery, and probably coaching, is likely just what he needs.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mantha has 0 playoff points for his entire NHL career...

To be serious though, the Caps only got fleeced if Mantha doesn't live up to his potential. A change of scenery, and probably coaching, is likely just what he needs.

A lot of the "overpay" is the picks involved, but quite a bit of that is Detroit taking Panik's contract off our hands. Wings aren't strapped for cap space, but Panik being a 30 year old guy who wasn't playing every night with a $2.75M cap hit for 2 more years after this one is something we had to pay with picks to move. That and Vrana is a RFA with arbitration rights, who could potentially get close to or above Mantha's already known cap hit this summer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 2nd covers panik. The “overpay” is the argument that the difference between Mantha and vrana isn’t a first. Caps get the better player, cost certainly but they since there wasn’t a reason for Detroit to move Mantha without an overpay

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

The 2nd covers panik. The “overpay” is the argument that the difference between Mantha and vrana isn’t a first. Caps get the better player, cost certainly but they since there wasn’t a reason for Detroit to move Mantha without an overpay

For sure. I mind losing the 1st less this year, just because with all the interruptions and junior leagues not playing for so long, scouting is going to be all over the place with this draft. Plus it's likely to be a late first (we're hoping 32nd, of course), which makes it hurt a little less. I actually think there is a decent chance both guys really succeed in both spots. I hope so for Vrana, because he could easily be a 30 goal scorer if he gets it all together.

Merrith

Sheary for 2 years at $1.5M per? Yeah, I'll take that. Surprised it actually wasn't more, I thought he would wait until free agency and look to get himself a 3 year deal somewhere for more money. Guess he likes the fit here.

Merrith

Def screams expansion exposure

Could be. But frankly I think we're looking for them to take a bigger contract off of us so we can fit extensions for Ovechkin and Samsonov in. Sheary's new deal doesn't really move the needle there, as replacing him with a league min forward only saves like $750,000? Was reading a Caps blog and they speculated main reason our GM traded Siegenthaler to the Devils was to make sure if they took a defenseman from us, it would be a bigger contract to help clear more cap space.

Fadaar

That guy
Seattle expansion draft is gonna be interesting. Lightning have fuckall for picks to trade away so I imagine they might actually have to let someone quality go. I still think it's gonna be Johnson to give them a hometown player but he isn't what he once was.