NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seattle expansion draft is gonna be interesting. Lightning have fuckall for picks to trade away so I imagine they might actually have to let someone quality go. I still think it's gonna be Johnson to give them a hometown player but he isn't what he once was.
No one would take Johnson this summer, he was even on waivers and no one wanted him. His contract is atrocious. The only way Seattle takes him is if TB throw in a sweetener. Their roster is too loaded with good young players to take Johnson.

Everyone wants Oshie becauses hes actually from the area. But even his contract is rough.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one would take Johnson this summer, he was even on waivers and no one wanted him. His contract is atrocious. The only way Seattle takes him is if TB throw in a sweetener. Their roster is too loaded with good young players to take Johnson.

Everyone wants Oshie becauses hes actually from the area. But even his contract is rough.

Yeah I have doubts even if we exposed Oshie whether or not they would take him. That said, I thought his contract would have already aged bad, and it hasn't yet. They might take him as a potential first Captain there, being from the area and all that.

Fadaar

That guy

Yeah they'd have to throw in a pick or two which they just flat out don't have. Though I guess Seattle wouldn't need any picks for this coming draft so they could package something for 2022 in there. Their second and third are already gone. Bleh. They're likely going to have to expose a D they'd rather keep unless they think everyone currently on the roster is worth a first round pick to package away Johnson or someone else. The one plus about their backup goalie situation being so terrible is they only have to worry about protecting Vasy where some teams actually have a backup worth holding on to. Maybe that was their plan all along, suffer short term to snag someone after this season.

Merrith

Yeah they'd have to throw in a pick or two which they just flat out don't have. Though I guess Seattle wouldn't need any picks for this coming draft so they could package something for 2022 in there. Their second and third are already gone. Bleh. They're likely going to have to expose a D they'd rather keep unless they think everyone currently on the roster is worth a first round pick to package away Johnson or someone else. The one plus about their backup goalie situation being so terrible is they only have to worry about protecting Vasy where some teams actually have a backup worth holding on to. Maybe that was their plan all along, suffer short term to snag someone after this season.

Caps fans little worried about Seattle grabbing whoever of Samsonov or Vanecek we don't protect, but I think there are enough quality backups out there that we should be okay.

Fadaar

That guy
Caps fans little worried about Seattle grabbing whoever of Samsonov or Vanecek we don't protect, but I think there are enough quality backups out there that we should be okay.

After the massive hit Vegas had with Fleury you know Seattle has to praying for a level of success similar to that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Arent they both protected because of them being on ELC's?

Defense and goal look to be pretty solid for Seattle which is awesome. Forward is looking a little rough so far.

Merrith

Arent they both protected because of them being on ELC's?

Defense and goal look to be pretty solid for Seattle which is awesome. Forward is looking a little rough so far.

I think there is a rule where if you've played X amount of professional games over a 3 years period, which is why Samsonov isn't exempt. Vanecek isn't on his ELC at his point, he's 25.

Merrith

Weird night in the East, top 3 all lost. Mantha on the board again at least.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Weird night in the East, top 3 all lost. Mantha on the board again at least.

Caps as a whole looked disinterested and lethargic, but Vanecek couldn't stop a beach ball tonight. Not sure I've seen the team give away so many passes in a long time, though

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers now rocking the best differential in the East. Not too shabby all things considered. A regular season and we'd be looking pretty good right now.

Considering Panarin's impact and the games he missed, when we miss the playoffs by a few points it's literally because communism... fuckin' Putin man...

Merrith

Caps as a whole looked disinterested and lethargic, but Vanecek couldn't stop a beach ball tonight. Not sure I've seen the team give away so many passes in a long time, though

Schultz had a rough night on D. At least two of the goals were off direct turnovers from him. Vanecek not good at all, but frankly Buffalo was sniping corners or scoring in off the post against him. I wonder if he was off a little bit because they traded away his best friend on the team.

Merrith

Rangers now rocking the best differential in the East. Not too shabby all things considered. A regular season and we'd be looking pretty good right now.

Considering Panarin's impact and the games he missed, when we miss the playoffs by a few points it's literally because communism... fuckin' Putin man...

Yeah, you guys or Philly really need Boston to lose some games. If they can maintain that little gap going to suck, plus they have the extra 2 games in hand. Surprised Philly took out the Pens tonight, they looked like shit against us the other night.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, you guys or Philly really need Boston to lose some games. If they can maintain that little gap going to suck, plus they have the extra 2 games in hand. Surprised Philly took out the Pens tonight, they looked like shit against us the other night.
Yeah, Boston just has too many vets who know how to play desperate in these situations. I'd be shocked if we managed to jump them unfortunately. Our last 2 games are against them (then they play Isles and Caps), should come down to the wire. We have them on the tiebreaker atm at least.

Either way, i'm just glad we're still playing meaningful hockey. Was really hating this season early on but things are starting to click and i've been able to enjoy the past month or so.

Merrith

Yeah, Boston just has too many vets who know how to play desperate in these situations. I'd be shocked if we managed to jump them unfortunately. Our last 2 games are against them (then they play Isles and Caps), should come down to the wire. We have them on the tiebreaker atm at least.

Either way, i'm just glad we're still playing meaningful hockey. Was really hating this season early on but things are starting to click and i've been able to enjoy the past month or so.

It's weird to project results just because you have some teams that are playing better than their record and vice versa right now. Isles having trouble winning much in regulation of late, Philly sucks for the most part, Buffalo has actually looked like a semi real hockey team lately. Just glad us shitting the bed tonight didn't really cost us.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In other news the Lightning won another game where they got out-shot 2-1. Good job McE.. no it was Vasilevsky. I'm surprised he doesn't play with a shovel instead of a stick with how much he digs us out of losses.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So apparently with Stamkos going on LTIR, Kucherov is now free to participate in full contact team practice? Idk the details yet, but this just gets more and more sketchy. Would be curious to see if they can shed cap to get him in some games before the playoffs. And by curious I mean outraged