Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
gay misconduct.jpg

Not my screenshot, but I laughed

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mentioned it, but if we're talking Caps these days all anyone seems to want to talk about is Wilson.

The fact that Ovechkin has been out this long isn't even being noted all that much, although I suppose they could just be resting him for the playoffs.

Merrith

No Ovechkin, no Backstrom, no Kuznetsov, no Carlson tonight. No Samsonov, either. Hope guys get healthy soon.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
No Ovechkin, no Backstrom, no Kuznetsov, no Carlson tonight. No Samsonov, either. Hope guys get healthy soon.
I'mma admit I'm totally out of the loop, but aren't they kind of having major issues with Kuz lately? I thought he was on the outs?

Merrith

I'mma admit I'm totally out of the loop, but aren't they kind of having major issues with Kuz lately? I thought he was on the outs?

There was a rumor they would listen to trade offers in the offseason...which as these narratives go has morphed into "everyone hates him and he's definitely gone in the offseason". As of now he's on the covid list anyways, so who knows.

Merrith

Man, Oshie got hurt end of the 2nd and didn't return for rest of the game. Huge late goal by Eller from Mantha, and Sheary in OT. Penguins clinch the division, we clinch 2nd and home ice in Round 1. Still don't know who either of us will play, though.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
guess the Lightning really dont want to win the division
Already lost the clinch against the Stars loss and it was a stretch anyway. Plus you know we don't want that president trophy curse.

Also I think they're resting the D men because honestly they don't really care ab out home ice advantage, which they really shouldn't. Tampa's home #'s have really never been something to brag about, plus we're in a weird situation and the travel isn't as big of a deal in a intrastate game.

I wasn't too upset with the loss against Florida today. Puck luck doesn't begin to describe that game plus we're out... Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonough and Rutta. I have been kind of disappointed in Points game lately. He needs to drive the net more and take more shots.

Of course momentum going to be a big factor going into these playoffs. Game 1 and 2 is going to be so fucking pivotal in the coming days. A win Monday would be nice.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Ken and Mick are sometimes the only thing that makes the Wings worth watching.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
CBJ and Arizona added to the coaching vacancies. Wonder what other teams will be added to the list after these last few days. This off-season is gonna be a lot of fun boys!

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got to imagine Gallant and Boudreau are at the top of all these teams shopping lists for coaches. It will be interesting to see who gets them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe I am reading Torts to NYR rumours, what year is it??

I don't see it happening, but interestingly enough now GM/President Chris Drury was Torts' team Captain his first year coaching here. Flat circle man, seems like only yesterday...

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why does everyone seem to want Quinn gone? Hes been a fantastic coach there so far.

Bringing Torts back would be so dumb. None of these teams that have rehired a former coach recently has had it work out lol.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Why does everyone seem to want Quinn gone? Hes been a fantastic coach there so far.

Bringing Torts back would be so dumb. None of these teams that have rehired a former coach recently has had it work out lol.
Sports fans culture always seems to think the grass is greener elsewhere, when it's all just different shades of piss yellow.

I don't hate Quinn, he's done well with an impossible job under unprecedented circumstances. He has some shortcomings, but it's literally impossible for a fan to know if it's really something in his control or the result of coaching the youngest team in the league. It's why they all said a rebuild would never work in NY, no one has any patience.

He'll get scapegoated and canned and go on to have a great career in this league. We chased Sullivan out of town, and now he's most peoples first choice. Hockey fans are just nuts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
To answer your question though, Ranger fans aren't happy with the kids' usage. AHL journeymen consistently getting more TOI than the kids he was brought in to develop. It's annoying, but literally every coach does this shit on every team.

Merrith

To answer your question though, Ranger fans aren't happy with the kids' usage. AHL journeymen consistently getting more TOI than the kids he was brought in to develop. It's annoying, but literally every coach does this shit on every team.

Isles fans simultaneously praise the consistency Trotz has brought them the last 3 years while constantly bitching about how he handles young players.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Isles fans simultaneously praise the consistency Trotz has brought them the last 3 years while constantly bitching about how he handles young players.

Exactly, Wahlstrom is the perfect example. Crazy he's still getting juggled on and off the taxi squad.

It's an interesting subject though. Stutzle and J. Hughes are playing around 18 minutes a night and getting PP time, but losing most games and getting hammered in advanced stats. Kakko and Laf are averaging 12 minutes a night with virtually no special teams, but playing competitive games with less to show on the scoresheat. Only time will tell which approach is best, tough to say.

I do know this fanbase would be even more livid if we had NJ's record though.

• 1Like