NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Turns out that uncalled high stick against Copp broke his cheekbone. It's not like he's been great lately, but we still need him. We have Kane and DeBrincat bein centers by motherfucking Austin Czarnik right now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Turns out that uncalled high stick against Copp broke his cheekbone. It's not like he's been great lately, but we still need him. We have Kane and DeBrincat bein centers by motherfucking Austin Czarnik right now.

Yeah saw that, should have been a double minor at least.

Merrith

Nobody wants the 2nd wildcard.

It's not like I'm expecting us to even do much in the 1st round, but I think it would be good to give some of our younger players a playoff series for experience. I'd take it in a heartbeat. This isn't a deep draft. If you're not picking in the top 5-7 picks, bit of a crapshoot after.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It's not like I'm expecting us to even do much in the 1st round, but I think it would be good to give some of our younger players a playoff series for experience. I'd take it in a heartbeat. This isn't a deep draft. If you're not picking in the top 5-7 picks, bit of a crapshoot after.
Same for the wings and it's been a lot longer since we've been in the playoffs, so let us in plzkthx!

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Thread title about to be a lot more relevant, I hear.

Less relevant I would say as they'll have a real home in Salt Lake. The possible deal that is floating around is the league buys them for $1B, sells them to the owner of the jazz for $1.3B and the current owners get the first crack at the next expansion team. That last part is the only thing I really dislike as the current ownership has proven to be incompetent.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Less relevant I would say as they'll have a real home in Salt Lake. The possible deal that is floating around is the league buys them for $1B, sells them to the owner of the jazz for $1.3B and the current owners get the first crack at the next expansion team. That last part is the only thing I really dislike as the current ownership has proven to be incompetent.

They do need to make a "hockey upgrade" I hear, but supposedly have state support on that already. On one hand, it's another big failure for Bettman and the league trying to expand the sport to the south (see Atlanta). On the other, Salt Lake could become a nice home for the franchise.

Agree on not trusting old owner with an expansion team, also fuck giving one to Arizona in general any time soon over other spots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hell of a bomb to drop late at night last night. Congrats Utah, sorry Arizona fans. I know the feeling.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
nhl-memes-week-24-32.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Islanders had 8 minutes of PP, gave up a shortie, finally scored on the last of them and then had it called back for offsides.

Merrith

Jensen just went so rough into the boards there. The extra shove should have been a penalty imo.