NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scary shit. So weird they ended the period early and didn't call a penalty.

I don't think there's any serious ill intent there, just the extra shove/launch into the boards with no way to protect himself should have been a 2, I'd think.

Edit: The result makes it look much worse, obviously.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was reckless play and should've been boarding. Just a rough call. Refs have the ability to use judgment. I wouldn't feel comfortable calling a major but a minor is probably justified.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

It was reckless play and should've been boarding. Just a rough call. Refs have the ability to use judgment. I wouldn't feel comfortable calling a major but a minor is probably justified.

Reffing not so hot in this game all around.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lifelong Bruins fan, checking in.
throw up team america GIF

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol I swear that pat on the thigh from Lindgren to Ovi probably hurt more then the blocked shot. Settle down big fella.

Merrith

Intermission was weird, they said Detroit goes up to 67% to make the playoffs if Boston wins tonight...despite the fact we locked up tiebreaker over Detroit b/c their game went to OT tonight. I guess they're weighting back to back games against Montreal to finish out the season pretty heavily in their favor compared to us having Boston and Philly (Philly also only has 1 game left)

Merrith

"Does not look good for Caps/Pens/Flyers". I get we have 2 tough games left, but typical espn coverage to not even mention we control our own destiny

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't think there's any serious ill intent there, just the extra shove/launch into the boards with no way to protect himself should have been a 2, I'd think.

Edit: The result makes it look much worse, obviously.

Whether there was ill intent or not, he pushed a defenseless player down in proximity to the boards. That's 5 minutes to me, and not just because of the result. If I were in Toronto calling the game I would be looking for fines for him.

Merrith

Whether there was ill intent or not, he pushed a defenseless player down in proximity to the boards. That's 5 minutes to me, and not just because of the result. If I were in Toronto calling the game I would be looking for fines for him.

It's rough because I know it's a type of hit they have talked about wanting out of the game, but they don't have great language/wording on the boarding penalty itself to encompass a hit like that currently. I do agree there is a bit of launching and putting him in a defenseless position, but it's murky b/c he makes sure he gets in front of him and isn't hitting from behind/blindside.

Might sound weird but if it was just shoulder to shoulder hit that forced him to fly into the boards like that, I wouldn't have a problem with the play, just the result would suck, obviously. It's the semi windup with the arm/hand and intentional shoving into the shoulder/chest with some extension of the arm that makes it a penalty to me. Just one of those plays where normally the guy isn't going to go THAT far into the boards, but in this case he did, and with bad results. Mainly just glad to hear he walked out of the building under his own power.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user