NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Disappointing end to the year for the Stars. After beating the last two cup winners, it really felt like this was the year... Really just a lack of effort and awful adjustments from DeBoer. Just brain-dead on power plays...

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Disappointing end to the year for the Stars. After beating the last two cup winners, it really felt like this was the year... Really just a lack of effort and awful adjustments from DeBoer. Just brain-dead on power plays...
To the Oilers credit their PK has been awesome in this year's playoffs. They also stymied the Canucks in round 2.

Their overall special teams have been their game changers.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
There's a handful of teams that are good enough to win the whole thing, but only one actually does get to win it all.

Stars are in a good spot and shouldn't overreact, just look for small upgrades and get back into the postseason next year imo.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What surprised me was that Oilers were able to win low scoring games. I expected them to need 5 goals to win games. I was wrong.

This should be a pretty good final. As a Canadian, I'm hoping the Oilers win it to bring the cup to Canada, but I wouldn't mind if the Panthers win. I like how the team is build and how they play, and I always like a team winning their first cup.

So pretty much happy whoever wins as long as it's quality hockey.

Penance

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oilers have Corey Perry

congrats Panthers on winning the Stanley Cup!
game of thrones agree GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty crazy hes been in the final 4 out of 5 years. And losing 3 straight all on different teams lol.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I hate shit like that. I feel like with the law of averages, it’s a bad omen for the Panthers.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'll never cheer for any other Canadian team to win the cup. I don't know why it is, by I guess the tribal hockey nature in Canada ensures we'll always hate each other's team!

Someone linked this old article on Twitter. Perfectly sums up why I'll never support any other Canadian team to win the Cup. Those other teams can go fuck themselves - go Panthers go!

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

Someone linked this old article on Twitter. Perfectly sums up why I'll never support any other Canadian team to win the Cup. Those other teams can go fuck themselves - go Panthers go!
Yeah it's a weird narrative. If a US team hadn't won it in 30 years I sure as hell wouldn't be rooting for someone like the Bruins or Rangers to win it all "for America."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So today at breakup day we learned that Trouba broke his foot right before the TDL. Instead of putting his 8mil on LTIR they sat him for 11 games where the Rangers went like 9 -1 - 1 during the literal hardest scheduled stretch of the season. They then proceeded to rush him back and keep him on the roster despite being on the ice for a staggeringly large majority of goals against in a series against the Panthers that was decided by 1 goal every game (not counting one game where they scored an ENG). Stupidest organization in the entire world. The Panthers were the better team, but the Rangers absolutely could of stole that series.

This was the GWG that ended their season. Watch number 8...

Probably not even the worst play he made even. Just mind blowing stuff. I hate Hockey so much man.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
So today at breakup day we learned that Trouba broke his foot right before the TDL. Instead of putting his 8mil on LTIR they sat him for 11 games where the Rangers went like 9 -1 - 1 during the literal hardest scheduled stretch of the season. They then proceeded to rush him back and keep him on the roster despite being on the ice for a staggeringly large majority of goals against in a series against the Panthers that was decided by 1 goal every game (not counting one game where they scored an ENG). Stupidest organization in the entire world. The Panthers were the better team, but the Rangers absolutely could of stole that series.

This was the GWG that ended their season. Watch number 8...

Probably not even the worst play he made even. Just mind blowing stuff. I hate Hockey so much man.

That is so stupid, did they not think they wouldn't need the extra 8 mil in LTIR money? I mean that's one of the Golden Knights mission statements - exploit LTIR!

Or did they really want to chase after the really important President's trophy?! lol

elcaro1101

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season ending loss depression waned for me last week, and I was able to catch the last games for each series. I will be rooting for the Oil, and really hope that #97 does get his cup. If there ever was a fanbase that had their hearts ripped out, it was them when #99 was traded away to the Kings. Sure they won without Gretz in 1990, but they have still been waiting a long time, and it will be very cool IMO if McDavid is able to get them another win and solidify his resume. I do think it will be an uphill fight for them, but I really hope they can get it done.