NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Merrith Merrith
View attachment 522342

Wtf Blink 182 GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

It's hilarious, when Keumper plays, we basically lose by 4 or 5, when Lindgren plays, 8 out of 10 games will be 6 one goal wins, 2 one goal losses...and 2 other 3-4 goal losses.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's hilarious, when Keumper plays, we basically lose by 4 or 5, when Lindgren plays, 8 out of 10 games will be 6 one goal wins, 2 one goal losses...and 2 other 3-4 goal losses.
As a Kraken fan I feel this with Grubauer. Dude is absolute ass. Team is way better when Daccord is in net.

Merrith

As a Kraken fan I feel this with Grubauer. Dude is absolute ass. Team is way better when Daccord is in net.

I hope it's just a down year for Grubby. Always liked him when he was here, felt like he got a bit of a raw deal with Colorado, too, where they weren't ready to win it all yet.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hope it's just a down year for Grubby. Always liked him when he was here, felt like he got a bit of a raw deal with Colorado, too, where they weren't ready to win it all yet.
Hes been dog shit for 3 years now. Had that awesome season with Colorado and then signed a big ticket with Seattle and has been one of the worst goalies in the league since.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Hes been dog shit for 3 years now. Had that awesome season with Colorado and then signed a big ticket with Seattle and has been one of the worst goalies in the league since.
Gru is a weird case, because his base stats are ok. His GAA is under 3, his save percentage is just under 900. Those both show that he's not terrible, but not great.

However, once you dig into his advanced metrics, he's giving up an extra 1/4 of a goal per game above expected. For a team that has trouble scoring, that's a ton.

Then there's the eye test. He's pretty good at making the saves he should make but he rarely seems to make the big saves that Daccord makes. If it's a breakaway or a 2 on 1, it's probably gonna be a goal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I kinda of feel like Seattle affects stats a bit, although I haven't watched them much this season. Last year seemed poor defensively while focusing on offense. Pumped up point totals for some forwards but always seemed to be giving up a lot of chances.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I kinda of feel like Seattle affects stats a bit, although I haven't watched them much this season. Last year seemed poor defensively while focusing on offense. Pumped up point totals for some forwards but always seemed to be giving up a lot of chances.
They give up less than the league average of shots against, take less penalties than the league average, so i'm not sure you can pin it on the defense.

The team this year is way different than last year. The balanced scoring they had is gone and the team is much more defensive minded. That doesn't mean they don't give up odd man opportunities.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if I can take much more of this and I'm damn sure my liver can't.
That was a pretty good game though I have to admit. I'm convinced from now on a player that gets two straight called back goals into a shorty should be called a Tony Cirelli hat trick

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

We played like utter trash tonight. Hopefully the old Pens rivalry will have us remember we're supposed to be in a playoff race.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I bet few of you follow the ECHL, but the Newfoundland team got shut down yesterday and the league has taken possession of Trois-Rivieres until it gets sold. Turns out the company that owns both teams got way behind on their bills.

Malakriss

If I had a goal for every game the Caps struggled to score in I would also be in the hunt for WC2

• 1Like