NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone who gets Kane is going to regret it.
Depends if Chicago retains some of the cap hit. But yea its not pretty and probably one of the main reasons nobody has snatched him up.

Then the question of how far past his prime he is and if taking him on even at 6-8 is even worth it. Might not be able to get rid of him until 24

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He’s gonna be like Taylor Hall a couple seasons ago where Boston was basically the only place he would go to. Because of the NMC he gets to choose and puts a stranglehold on what Chicago can do. So their return will be like a 2nd round pick.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I can see Kane to Vegas. Probably the only team left who would have mutual interest. How the money gets laundered I don't know but Vegas isn't shy about squeezing things any which way.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the thing I most want from this season now is for the Leafs to lose Game 7 at home in Round 1. In overtime. On a shortie.

Not even because I don't think they deserve a reprieve of a nice run to the ECF or something...just for the sheer let it burn factor.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dalc

Molten Core Raider
Detroit a few points out of the wild card with games in hand. Not entirely sure what to make of this. Kinda wish we were picking higher this year.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
East WC looking super spicy. 6 teams within 5 points. Top 3 seeds almost all but decided at this point.

Islanders have been looking great. I got money on them and maybe Buffalo.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Terrified of Boston BTW. Them vs the Leafs in 7 games would be must watch TV. Must be nice to have your top 2 centers take sweetheart deals to win a cup.... fricken B's just go away already...

• 2Truth!

Merrith

Quite the haul for the Caps. Great trade for both sides.

It's decent, I mean that 1st is going to be super low or maybe even just the last pick of the 1st round. But rumors were management and Orlov were far apart on a new deal (apparently mostly term), and Hathaway was going to get a raise to price himself out this summer...so I'll take the return. I assume Craig Smith might get moved as well for another pick or part of a package for something.

This pretty much signals full sell mode, which a lot of Caps fans realized might be a thing with how many guys' contracts were coming up at the end of his year. I expect more moves to come from us.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
It's decent, I mean that 1st is going to be super low or maybe even just the last pick of the 1st round. But rumors were management and Orlov were far apart on a new deal (apparently mostly term), and Hathaway was going to get a raise to price himself out this summer...so I'll take the return. I assume Craig Smith might get moved as well for another pick or part of a package for something.

This pretty much signals full sell mode, which a lot of Caps fans realized might be a thing with how many guys' contracts were coming up at the end of his year. I expect more moves to come from us.

Are you gonna buy a home or away NYR Ovechkin Jersey?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hah, zero chance he moves. After this rumored Kane deal, you guys going to be able to make any other moves after that, anyways?

Nah, but as soon as this summer the rumor mill will start churning for a few years. It's tradition for the Rangers to get linked to every big name for the clicks. Don't see it happening but nothing surprises me anymore.

He won't break the record on a rebuilding team though IMO. Also plenty of ruskies in these parts.... The headlines write themselves.

Merrith

Nah, but as soon as this summer the rumor mill will start churning for a few years. It's tradition for the Rangers to get linked to every big name for the clicks. Don't see it happening but nothing surprises me anymore.

He won't break the record on a rebuilding team though IMO. Also plenty of ruskies in these parts.... The headlines write themselves.

Eh, not sure how rebuilding it'll be anyways. With how much time Backstrom, Wilson, Oshie, and Carlson all missed this year, it just hasn't been a normal year. Not to mention losing Connor Brown basically for the entire year right at the start of the season. We've had some young guys in the pipeline for a bit that could move up. Won't be world beaters by any stretch, but won't be bottom of the league, either.

Honestly, he'd break the record on any team at this point. He's only 82 goals away with 23 more games this season plus 3 more full seasons under contract. Even if he doesn't score another goal for the rest of this season, he'd need to average a little over 27 goals over his next 3 to break it. Unless he gets hurt or retires, he'll break it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are we sure Kane to rangers?

Screenshot_20230223_193345_Boost.jpg

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kane has so much leverage and outwardly saying he wanted NYR, gives Chicago little to barter with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Lindgren does a worse cross check to Rasmussen than Larkin's on Wednesday and doesn't get tossed.

Can't have shit in Detroit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tage is a freak...

Also I hope we trade Cole for a depth defenseman. Maybe a heavy body or somebody that can keep their fucking assignment.

Last edited:
  • 2Like