NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love this move for Sandin. 22, $1.4M cap hit next year than RFA. This feels like Orlov's replacement but a decade younger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Dubas winning the deadline so far, really like what he's done. Only issue I could see is losing chemistry swapping so many roster players.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love how the West is so garbage and Ken Holland still refuses to go all in with the 2 best players in the league and one who is having the best season in decades.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
East are going to kill eachother in the playoffs jeez.

The fact TB has to get through Leafs and Bs just for the privilege to play in the ECF is all types of hilarity.

Meme Harold GIF by Aeromexico

Last edited:

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Jeeze, I've said it for years, but why is the Western Conference such a bloody train wreck right now? Six teams in the East have more points than the top Western team. I don't get it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well Rangers just became the 2017 GS Warriors. Lightning are 99% nit getting out of the first round this year and no way is the west winning this Cup unless McDavid puts on the gauntlet and starts collectin stones.

• 1Truth!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn feel bad for Quick. Cant believe he chose to waive his NMC to go to Columbus.

Merrith

Jeeze, I've said it for years, but why is the Western Conference such a bloody train wreck right now? Six teams in the East have more points than the top Western team. I don't get it.

Reminds me of Caps' one President Trophy year where Pitt had 2nd most points, and Columbus had the 4th most points in the league.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Well Rangers just became the 2017 GS Warriors. Lightning are 99% nit getting out of the first round this year and no way is the west winning this Cup unless McDavid puts on the gauntlet and starts collectin stones.

This is probably the most succinct and accurate description of where the NHL is right now.

Can Boston keep up this unreal year in the playoffs? Toronto is going to end up playing Tampa in the first round just to keep consistently not making it to the second round. Sigh

Merrith

Pretty pleased our GM recognized where we were both this season and going into next with all the moves he's made. Only had Carlson signed beyond this year on our blueline, managed to get good assets back from moving Orlov, turns it into Sandin, signs Jensen to only a 3 year extension (good), and has turned a few pending UFA's into good assets for the next couple drafts either to get really younger for the eventual rebuild, or to use as assets to try and reload for another run with better health next year (very unlikely, but yeah).

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the actual fuck is going on? GMs take all those jokes about the nhl trade deadline personally?

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching all these GMs make these single digit 2nd and 3rd round pick trades like

Screenshot_20230301_172416_Chrome.jpg

• 1Worf

Merrith

Ottawa going big. Although frankly if the asking price was only that, I wouldn't have been unhappy had we given up that much.

• 1Like

Merrith

Retooling that bottom 6. But kinda seems like hes just swapping out the same players.

Adding a guy with 5 mil cap hit for 2 more years doesn't seem like great retooling of bottom 6.

• 1Like