NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A stat that was put out during Carolina shitting on TB seemed insane to me.

Their top line has not given up a single point since January

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why in hockey when there is a slow night with 2 or 3 games are they always bad matches. Is this a universal constant?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The NHL and mismanaging their product. Name a more classic duo.
And on top of that, take for instance my home game tomorrow. Its on Balley Sports Sun X. Literally can only get that if you subscribe to Balley Sports. Then there's games you can only watch on ESPN+ and then if you're a Frontier customer (cable provider down here) you can't even watch local games because they failed on negotiating with Balley.. The cherry on top of this absurdity is that Frontier is a FUCKING SPONSOR you constantly hear on the broadcast.

Bettman is a clown and needs to be thrown into a frozen lake. It's easier to watch Jr. Women's Tic Tac Toe tournaments on national broadcast then it is to watch the NHL.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
And on top of that, take for instance my home game tomorrow. Its on Balley Sports Sun X. Literally can only get that if you subscribe to Balley Sports. Then there's games you can only watch on ESPN+ and then if you're a Frontier customer (cable provider down here) you can't even watch local games because they failed on negotiating with Balley.. The cherry on top of this absurdity is that Frontier is a FUCKING SPONSOR you constantly hear on the broadcast.

Bettman is a clown and needs to be thrown into a frozen lake. It's easier to watch Jr. Women's Tic Tac Toe tournaments on national broadcast then it is to watch the NHL.

I'm a Detroit fan that lives in NY. I get blacked out if they play the Rangers, Islanders, Sabres, or Devils. Games are on ESPN+ (rebroadcast of Bally Detroit), TNT, or NBC.

Just let me pay to watch all the games in 1 goddamn place with no blackouts.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy

It's fuckin funny that I have an easier time watching games up here in Georgia than my family in Tampa does

• 2Rustled

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Feeling pretty good about this Sandin trade so far. 8 points in 4 games? Second 3 assist game tonight. Little sloppy defensively but you'd expect that coming to a new team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So last week the Rangers played 5 games in 8 days (with a short roster from injuries and suspensions and cap juggling) and this weekend they get a back to back with 19 hours in between games. Genius scheduling. Doesn't help that every team they play this week will be desperately fighting for a wildcard spot in the East. Ughh, nothing can ever be easy I swear...

• 2Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So last week the Rangers played 5 games in 8 days (with a short roster from injuries and suspensions and cap juggling) and this weekend they get a back to back with 19 hours in between games. Genius scheduling. Doesn't help that every team they play this week will be desperately fighting for a wildcard spot in the East. Ughh, nothing can ever be easy I swear...
Yep we'll be playing jersey 3 times in 6 days including one time from a back to back against the habs.

Scheduling is brutal around the league. Not sure I've ever noticed this before or they fucked up hard this year.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yep we'll be playing jersey 3 times in 6 days including one time from a back to back against the habs.

Scheduling is brutal around the league. Not sure I've ever noticed this before or they fucked up hard this year.

Yeah, saw you had the Devils three times coming up. Part of me was hoping that TB could beat up on the debbies and humble them a bit since they have been getting pretty cocky over there across the Hudson. On the other hand Carolina might be a better 1st round matchup for the Rangers if they can hold on to the 3 seed down the stretch. Either way, I can't see TB letting NJ beat them 3 times without getting a little nasty. Gonna need a healthy Stamkos though.

Merrith

As long as you guys can just drop 2 points to us Tuesday night, please and thank you.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
nhl-memes-week-23-41.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Welp, definitely feels like our playoff streak coming to an end this year. Too many injuries all year, keep losing guys. Too many points lost. At this point rest of the year is just about Ovechkin scoring as many goals as he can to lower the number he needs, heck another goal and he'll hit 40 and pass Gretzky for most 40 goal seasons (he already owns the record for most 45 goal seasons and is tied for most 50 goal years).

GM hinted at making a move in the offseason to really get a talented top 6 wing/scorer, and it's something we really need. I like the rest of his retooling on the fly, but he'll have to continue to try to get good young guys to slowly replace the old crowd. Full rebuild will hit in 2-3 more years, and it'll be painful.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
GM hinted at making a move in the offseason to really get a talented top 6 wing/scorer, and it's something we really need. I like the rest of his retooling on the fly, but he'll have to continue to try to get good young guys to slowly replace the old crowd. Full rebuild will hit in 2-3 more years, and it'll be painful.

Take a look at how the Wings handled the last few years of their playoff streak and make sure to do absolutely anything but that.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf