NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will be upset if we don’t get a bruins/leafs 2bd round matchup.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will be upset if we don’t get a bruins/leafs 2bd round matchup.
I'm actually rooting for the asinine story that would be if Florida beats Bruins and Toronto has to get through yet another Floridian team.

Florida is the funniest story here. Nobody expected game 7 but they are finally showing the pedigree of last years President trophy winners but also they have gotten lucky as fuck in most of their game. Its almost the same story as Toronto/Tampa in that Bruins have been the better team 90% of the time, but Florida has found ways of getting wins.

God I love playoff hockey.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know, as a bitter Sharks fan that has had very little to celebrate for a while now, I still take great joy in LA losing. It's a real shame that feeling gets supplanted by misery when I realize that their young guys are really good and only going to get better, and that they still have a reasonably healthy farm. Oh well. For now, get rekt Kangz.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I don’t think the kings need to do much to get farther next year. They were awesome in stretches this series. Draisaitl and McDavid are just stupid good.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
If the Bruins lose tonight, I like the Leafs path to the SCF. Depth is too.... deep?

I think whoever wins the EDM/VGK series takes the West. Eichel vs McDavid is cool, gonna be a great series. Rooting Seattle though, that would be cool as hell.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Was happy with the adjustments Bednar made in game 6, and how well the Avs played. I had prepared myself for a game 6 loss and exit. Really hope they carry that momentum into 7.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that the dust has settled and I've stopped crying here are my thoughts on TBs post season performance.

TDLR: Not bad. Any TB fan coulda told you going into this series we didn't expect to take a game let a lone 2. Our post all star performance was mediocre at best and abysmal at worst.

First the elephant. Vasy. Did he play at his best? Probably not. But he also faced some insane shots. I'd probably say he had about 3 or 4 goals that shouldn't have gone in. However compared to Samy, who I'd say probably had 1 MAYBE 2 he should've gotten. I'd say Samy was the better tender this series by a decent margin.

Defense. Losing Chernak stings. Who's to say how it would've gone with him. His strength is in front of the net, boxing guys out and the PK. I think Perbix and Raddysh played amazing but definitely showed their rookie cards quite a bit in the series. I do look forward to seeing how they develop over the next season or 2. Sergechev has yet to prove his huge contract and hopefully he can develop to where he needs to be. The guy has skill for sure but just makes some of the most boneheaded plays.

Skating. Our top line didn't perform near the levels of Toronoto's. This was the biggest surprise to me. We actually won game off our depth. One thing I'd love to see here is Cereli on the top with Point and Kuch. Hagel works too, but honestly Cirelli needs to be on the top with Stammer on the second taking face offs. Killer and Cirelli were probably the best skaters on the ice this series and loved seeing them do well.

Toronto. Their top line is nuts. AM is so versatile its almost ridiculous. It could probably be said that other then Samsonov, AM and Marner put this series on their back on took it home. Not to mention they're just a much better playoff team with the addition of RoR, Acari and Schen. Also Knies kinda has the potential to be that wildcard win condition in each game they play. Finally broke the first stage of the curse, can they go all the way? I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Now that the dust has settled and I've stopped crying here are my thoughts on TBs post season performance.

TDLR: Not bad. Any TB fan coulda told you going into this series we didn't expect to take a game let a lone 2. Our post all star performance was mediocre at best and abysmal at worst.

First the elephant. Vasy. Did he play at his best? Probably not. But he also faced some insane shots. I'd probably say he had about 3 or 4 goals that shouldn't have gone in. However compared to Samy, who I'd say probably had 1 MAYBE 2 he should've gotten. I'd say Samy was the better tender this series by a decent margin.

Defense. Losing Chernak stings. Who's to say how it would've gone with him. His strength is in front of the net, boxing guys out and the PK. I think Perbix and Raddysh played amazing but definitely showed their rookie cards quite a bit in the series. I do look forward to seeing how they develop over the next season or 2. Sergechev has yet to prove his huge contract and hopefully he can develop to where he needs to be. The guy has skill for sure but just makes some of the most boneheaded plays.

Skating. Our top line didn't perform near the levels of Toronoto's. This was the biggest surprise to me. We actually won game off our depth. One thing I'd love to see here is Cereli on the top with Point and Kuch. Hagel works too, but honestly Cirelli needs to be on the top with Stammer on the second taking face offs. Killer and Cirelli were probably the best skaters on the ice this series and loved seeing them do well.

Toronto. Their top line is nuts. AM is so versatile its almost ridiculous. It could probably be said that other then Samsonov, AM and Marner put this series on their back on took it home. Not to mention they're just a much better playoff team with the addition of RoR, Acari and Schen. Also Knies kinda has the potential to be that wildcard win condition in each game they play. Finally broke the first stage of the curse, can they go all the way? I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Killorn has probably been my fav player the last few years. Thinking about getting a jersey.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I can't watch playoff hockey. Just an heart attack waiting to happen.

Fuckin OT.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users