NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These were the best seats I've ever had. What a game.

Attachments

• 20221229_191734.jpg
    20221229_191734.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
These were the best seats I've ever had. What a game.

nice, i was at the game last night. my mom got tickets back when they went on sale before the season and they were still $160, section 317 row c. really wish i could make it down there for more mid-week games that aren't during holiday times, prices are a fraction of that. buddy from work and i got tickets on the glass in Raleigh a few years ago for like $180 apiece lol. was cheaper to drive up there, spend two nights in a hotel, and buy tickets than it'd cost for a single ticket on the glass in tampa right now. then again that's not uncommon in some markets, ie canada and ny.

Montreal looks horrible. Was expecting more from them this season but I guess they're trying to take Bedard away from Chicago.

Also crazy stat I heard last night is Drouin is almost going on a full calendar year without a goal. I remember my friend being upset about that trade for Sergachev.

they were saying stats on the PA and Vasy was something absurd like 13-1 against Montreal prior to the game

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hey c'mon, that shot was begging to be taken. Plus they keep talking about him and Backstrom skating regularly at practices. No idea how the heck we'd make the cap situation work if both came back soon, but I'm looking forward to the entertainment of finding out.
Speaking of taking shots, if you really wanted to burn my britches you should of made it about all the shots the Rangers missed instead of goals. Think they said on the Bolts broadcast last night that they missed the net 26 times that game. Even more embarrassing was all the whifs Mika took from Ovies office on that last PP...

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice! You definitely got your moneys worth, Vasy was unreal.

Then there was this gem, lmao
The New Yorkers next to me were relentless about that.

"Hey just fuckin hit it in wit yer hand" in that thick accent. Shit was hilarious. Whatever it takes right?

1672450327725.png

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of taking shots, if you really wanted to burn my britches you should of made it about all the shots the Rangers missed instead of goals. Think they said on the Bolts broadcast last night that they missed the net 26 times that game. Even more embarrassing was all the whifs Mika took from Ovies office on that last PP...

Yeah but we've seen Mika drill those quite a bit, too. Just one bad game coming off holiday break. Honestly think Carolina is probably just out in front for good now, Jersey fell off pretty huge we'll have to see if they can right the ship. Otherwise it's you guys, Pens, Isle, and us. Seems like Metro will get 5 in again, although it's pretty early to write off everyone else.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Canes are on some sort of run now. They finally are playing that lock down game where if you get 20+ shots against them in a game, you had a good night. Also crazy how Florida has fallen. They got some good pieces but honestly thing Maurice is the wrong type of coach for that team.

Merrith

Calgary not having great year so far after the big trades, either. Although technically in a WC spot I think?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Canada had that first crappy game against CZE, but since they have been fantastic. They're looking really sharp against Sweden. This is a really fun game to watch.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
< Kraken Season ticket holder checking in. It'll be my fourth outdoor game but my first rooting for the home team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really interesting for sure. Wonder what the reason why is, as he has been practicing. Must just generally want to not be in Detroit.

Merrith

Vrana waived. I’m surprised

Really worried about his mental state. Would he try and demand a trade if he actually clears and gets sent down? I mean he never looked like he was going to be a defensive stalwart, but had the look of a kid who could put up 30 goals potentially with blazing speed. On one hand maybe our coaches knew something when we were willing to move him, but on the other I just worry knowing he was in the assistance program that something is really wrong. Too young and promising a career to be derailed, hopefully.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Vrana waived. I’m surprised

Really worried about his mental state. Would he try and demand a trade if he actually clears and gets sent down? I mean he never looked like he was going to be a defensive stalwart, but had the look of a kid who could put up 30 goals potentially with blazing speed. On one hand maybe our coaches knew something when we were willing to move him, but on the other I just worry knowing he was in the assistance program that something is really wrong. Too young and promising a career to be derailed, hopefully.

His conditioning stint in Grand Rapids was also extended to the full 14 days. We have Bert, Fabbri and Zadina coming off injury shortly while carrying 3 goalies. Veleno, Soderblom and Berggren are waivers exempt but are all playing too well to send down. With his cap hit of 5.25m this year and next, maybe this is the best time to take a chance that nobody will take the risk. That's all I've got.

Trust the Yzerplan, trust the Yzerplan, trust the Yzerplan.