Ni No Kuni (PS3)

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think this might be the game that makes me finally buy a PS3. Or do I wait for the PS4 and hope to got there is backwards compatibility on it?
This. Fuck, looks like I'll finally pull the trigger. At least that gives me some other good games to finally catch up on.

Needless

Toe Sucker
on the brightside, having a PS3 allows you to stream from your PC, and pop netflix on it as well if all else fails lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On the plus side PS3 is 100x better than any system out right now and also doubles as a Blu-ray player. Unless of course you prefer HD-DVDs... well, do you?

foddon

I stream everything from a NAS to the 360 so those features are mostly irrelevant for me (fuck any physical disks for movies/shows, I won't even bother). Unless it has a better interface for these things, which would be great. I was hoping to just skip to the PS4 or whatever but at this point it still looks to be almost 2 years away.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I was hoping to just skip to the PS4 or whatever but at this point it still looks to be almost 2 years away.
Uh, no. The PS4 is 90% coming this October or November, Q1 2014 at the absolute latest. Same with the X720, both are launching in that window.

Szlia

It's a bit difficult it seems to trace back exactly when systems were unveiled, especially for the pre-internet era systems, but I could find dates for the PS2, PS3, Xbox and X360 and for these four, the delay between the unveiling and the launch has been a year or more, except for the X360 that was rushed out 6 months after its unveiling to replace the money hemorrhaging Xbox. Considering how both systems still perform, and that all new home consoles launch in North America between September and November, falls of 2014 seem a lot more plausible than your scenario, unless one of the two will try to leapfrog the other (even if launching first is certainly not a guaranteed win strategy).

Sean_sl

shitlord
Past cycles are pretty much not in play here. This generation has gone on WAY too long and pretty much all the analysts and journalists and game podcasts/shows are saying that this is the year.

foddon

That was my thought as well, Szlia, although I haven't really been paying close attention for a while.

Sariden_sl

shitlord
I saw on reddit that someone already got their pre-order bonus, a steel case, from gamestop already. (Can see picshereif interested.) Has anyone else been able to pick one up in store yet? I can believe that they'd have the games sitting in the back by now so I can see how they'd have these in early as well. They conned me into pre-ordering the game when I was pre-ordering God of War Ascension. The guy claimed I would be getting the collector's edition free of charge for pre-ordering and that an art book would come with it... I'm pretty sure he's full of shit about the art book though and is mistaking the case as being the collector's edition. Regardless, I still wanted the case anyway and haven't gotten any Newegg or Amazon pre-order discount coupons yet so decided to just get it from Gamestop.

Game looks really cool. I have a hard time getting into RPGs so I'm hopeful that this will deliver for me.

Szlia

As far as heavyweight japanese composers go, it's tough to beat Joe Hisaishi who got a rain of awards for his works for Miyazaki and Kitano (amongst others).

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Wizard Edition is up for pre-order at Namco Bandai's online store if anybody cares to try.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's ok, I was mostly worried about it shipping weeks later. I tried to go from my phone but the site is fucking up so I couldn't look at the dates.

Damnit, sold out before I got home. That is depressing.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
So does anyone know how to get flutterby? Amazon says I get Griffy for pre-ordering from them, but I'd much rather have the moth. Amazon UK customers get BOTH flutterby and griffy. It's like impossible to get any info on this.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It's a Best Buy promotion. Reading around suggests they either have taken it off or it's Canada only? I'd try calling up a store if you have one near you.