Nier Automata

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
PC port works fine except a controller is necessary. The keyboard layout is awkward as hell.

I read that it required a community patch to deal with some resolution issues? Maybe that was just initial release?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is it worth upgrading the pod damage? I am on my first play through and I am pretty sure I am at the end of the game for the first run about 11 hours in and...

I am getting Eve down to the final stage where my electronics go wonky and I can no longer dodge/evade and I am sitting there just trying to hammer down the pod gun and it's chipping away at like 8 per hit... Then I die.

I have a save set up right before that starts with stock piles of enhancements and restores, but I have not seem to have done a lot of upgrading my first run through. Maybe my sword once and my 2h once. I bought a lot of inventory upgrades to place my skills and such. Maybe I should mess with that a little more for this particular encounter.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Have it on steam. The only real improvement over the PS4 port is im able to play it at 1444p, but its frame locked at 60fps. So really not a huge edge for the PC version over the PS4 version . I have had no issues or crashing ect.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Is it worth upgrading the pod damage? I am on my first play through and I am pretty sure I am at the end of the game for the first run about 11 hours in and...

I am getting Eve down to the final stage where my electronics go wonky and I can no longer dodge/evade and I am sitting there just trying to hammer down the pod gun and it's chipping away at like 8 per hit... Then I die.

I have a save set up right before that starts with stock piles of enhancements and restores, but I have not seem to have done a lot of upgrading my first run through. Maybe my sword once and my 2h once. I bought a lot of inventory upgrades to place my skills and such. Maybe I should mess with that a little more for this particular encounter.

Yup,
I used pod damage a ton.
I had lvl 3 weapons and full mod space very early in the first run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yup,
I used pod damage a ton.
I had lvl 3 weapons and full mod space very early in the first run.

Ok good to note. I hope upgrade vendors are available. The resistance camp
is burned to the ground
and my access point to get to the pascal area is blocked and I cannot autotravel to it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I play the PC version, since I don't have a PS4. The port is OK, but it could use a few fixes. I talked about the mod that fixes some of them a bit up the thread. Resolution, lighting, FPS unlock and such.

So there's a mod for this that's been out for a while that has fixes for resolution scaling and can change the lighting complexity for some good performance gains. Uncapping the FPS from 60 was just added.

It can be found here: Releases · Kaldaien/FAR · GitHub

You hit ctl+shift+backspace while in game after installing it to access the options. After checking off the box to remove the FPS cap and changing the in mod FPS limiter to your refresh rate, shut down the game. Go to game in your steam directory and edit dxgi.ini. In the [Render.Framerate] section, change RefreshRate=-1 to the refresh rate of your monitor, save, then restart the game.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So just picked this up today, played for an hour, died to the first Goliath Boss twice...

Why on earth are they making me go through this damn tutorial again? I'm just getting one shot by those stupid giant saws.

Cucumbers

Trakanon Raider
So just picked this up today, played for an hour, died to the first Goliath Boss twice...

Why on earth are they making me go through this damn tutorial again? I'm just getting one shot by those stupid giant saws.

Well if you can't make it through the tutorial how are you going to get through the game! :p

You can adjust difficulty settings on the fly, and you'll want to spend some time getting used to dodging on the shitty little robots before the big boss fight

Also I -think- you start with an auto-heal chip. Equip it.

The save mechanic ties into the story.. you just need to rough it through that first boss before you can start doing saves

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Well if you can't make it through the tutorial how are you going to get through the game! :p

You can adjust difficulty settings on the fly, and you'll want to spend some time getting used to dodging on the shitty little robots before the big boss fight

Also I -think- you start with an auto-heal chip. Equip it.

The save mechanic ties into the story.. you just need to rough it through that first boss before you can start doing saves

I'm not even getting hit until I get to the Goliath and then he just wrecks me with 1 hit???

I know what you're saying, but I'm not a complete noob, I guess I'm just missing something.

Still fucking stupid that I have to repeat the whole fucking thing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Play on normal until you get to the first save.

Yeah I suck at these types of games. Just beat the game in normal and now I am on my next play throughs, already saw two other endings in the first hour by mistake lol! These second play throughs are awesome! I can't wait to see how this all pans out :)

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah I suck at these types of games. Just beat the game in normal and now I am on my next play throughs, already saw two other endings in the first hour by mistake lol! These second play throughs are awesome! I can't wait to see how this all pans out :)

The 3rd play through is the real shot in the feels.

Plus if you think playing the opening on hard and up is frustrating, wait until you get the chance to unlock ending E. Don't give up on it.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Also, for those who have done ending E:

Fuck Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Business Team VI in particular.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, just bought the game today. It's pretty good so far, and it's odd because I've already got the W ending. I think I know what it's trying to do though, it's trying to make sure that everybody knows how to play it. Good thing, too. It's been way too long for me since I played a bullet hell shooter.

Unfortunately for me, I've got an AMD system, and I had to downgrade drivers for it. Odd, I know. Before this I'd play for ten minutes and the screen'd go white or black. So, that means that I got plenty sick of seeing the first ten minutes. But that's what Steam said, and it's worked for me so far. I'm only at the Resistance Camp.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Has anyone died like four times. come back to their body and all their plugins are gone?

Just happened to me. I'm pissed, because I had some decent plugins. +40% HP renewal whenever I took down an enemy, +20 evade, +2.4 HP renewal after 6 seconds of not being hit? Forget some of the others, but I'm like pissed right now.

All of it gone.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This was significantly good. Especially keeping with the multi playthrough. Seems like a very sad story too. I'm at ABCGKO endings I think, going to grind out the rest.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Has anyone died like four times. come back to their body and all their plugins are gone?

Just happened to me. I'm pissed, because I had some decent plugins. +40% HP renewal whenever I took down an enemy, +20 evade, +2.4 HP renewal after 6 seconds of not being hit? Forget some of the others, but I'm like pissed right now.

All of it gone.

You have to recover your body each time you die or you lose all your plugins. If you died 4 times before getting back to your body, only your most recent, pluginless body will be left for recovery.

This was significantly good. Especially keeping with the multi playthrough. Seems like a very sad story too. I'm at ABCGKO endings I think, going to grind out the rest.

You have ABC and no D and E? Seriously, go to chapter select and do ending D, which will automatically continue on to E. It changes the tone of the game to an extent. Still plenty of sadness, but a little bit of hope too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You have to recover your body each time you die or you lose all your plugins. If you died 4 times before getting back to your body, only your most recent, pluginless body will be left for recovery.

You have ABC and no D and E? Seriously, go to chapter select and do ending D, which will automatically continue on to E. It changes the tone of the game to an extent. Still plenty of sadness, but a little bit of hope too.

It just got late in the evening and wife came home so didn't get D, E. I'll do it this afternoon depending on when I get home.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, so just got done with the A ending. Who else here hates bullet hells as much as I do? Jesus, on mouse and keyboard they're almost impossible. Plus, I don't even like them that much to begin with.