Nier Automata

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Bullet hells are awesome but Nier wasn't built on an engine made for it so it comes off kind of clunky. It didn't really make any difference throughout the base game, just during one of the alternate endings.

Finally finished A-Z and can start on Persona 5.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Just recently started playing this, finished first playthrough and I am loving it. Took my time on the first playthru and explored a ton. I think I idled a ton but my game says 36 hours so far.

The combat is amazing on first experience. I love the transitions they have from combat styles.

The story is fairly interesting too, I really want to go thru and play thru as many endings as possible.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I got my butthole jammed on the intro, going to try again sometime this week.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just recently started playing this, finished first playthrough and I am loving it. Took my time on the first playthru and explored a ton. I think I idled a ton but my game says 36 hours so far.

The combat is amazing on first experience. I love the transitions they have from combat styles.

The story is fairly interesting too, I really want to go thru and play thru as many endings as possible.

I'm only missing one, keep forgetting to go back and do it. Most of the 'endings' are just fun Easter egg to things, but a few are more fleshed out. It's fun to get them all though. This game was absolutely a surprise stand out of this year.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A bit late but just started this game. The beginning/hub area is kind of lame and I hate the invisible walls in this game but now that I just finished the amusement area I'm really liking it. I wish it was a bit more rpgish but it's still good

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A bit late but just started this game. The beginning/hub area is kind of lame and I hate the invisible walls in this game but now that I just finished the amusement area I'm really liking it. I wish it was a bit more rpgish but it's still good

it's weird, i don't want to detract from the game at all, since it's really pretty good, but "invisible walls" is such an apt description. it looks and feels like a much deeper game (outside of the combat mechanics) but it's not. the weapon system is a perfect example in that when you start the game, you get this feeling there's going to be a bunch of different weapons, but there really isn't.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I enjoyed the game, but I feel it's really overrated in certain gamer circles.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
xojQXNC.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
Been playing this on and off for a few weeks and finished endings A-E last night (the ones that basically tell the full story), while I still don't really know whats going on I really enjoyed the game. It just has a melancholic vibe throughout it that seems rare in games nowadays. I also really, really appreciate how you can just buy all the trophies after you get ending E (only takes 10 mins once you finish the third run), I started in normal mode but switched to easy about halfway thru when I got tired of dodging all the time but still ended the game with 2m gold which was more than enough to buy all the trophies. It took me 60 hours to get to that point but the speed run for that exact point is also just 4 hours long.

Definitely a 9/10 for me, while it had a lot of flaws it was different and interesting enough for me to be glad I played it, its just what I needed after the disappointments of BF5, FO76, and Anthem. Also today Square Enix announced that the two guys behind this game will be working on the next xpac / 3 raids for Final Fantasy XIV, called Yorha Dark Apocalypse
Yoko Taro is making a Nier-themed Final Fantasy 14 raid | PC Gamer

• 2Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was a 9/10 for me too as a game, brought to a 9.5/10 by what's literally the best game OST I've ever heard. Alien Manifestation, Birth of a wish, Sound of the End, Enil Despair, Bipolar Nightmare etc just shit all over the next beat gaming soundtracks I've heard

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, I enjoyed the game, but I feel it's really overrated in certain gamer circles.

Just started playing this, for giggles I self destructed after a save to see what happens. She doesn't die but all her clothes comes off... Noodleface Noodleface you are on to something. 13ish hours played already kinda bored with the amount of running around.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the second run through had been streamlined a bit more, I think the game would have flowed better into the final run.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If the second run through had been streamlined a bit more, I think the game would have flowed better into the final run.

The second run through for ending B was definitely the hardest to get through, as 9S's combat is a lot less fun than 2B/A2.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is this better on PC or console?
EDIT: Avoiding boolean true response.

Which platform is best for this game?

spronk

FPS noob
i 100%'d the game on ps4 but its apparently fine on PC, there is a small mod you can install to improve FPS and a few other things but both versions are just fine. It does have Denuvo on steam if you hate that. There were a few FPS drop moments on PS4 (Pro) but i didn't really notice.

Buy the YoRHA edition either way which includes all the DLC, altho the DLC is pretty much unnecessary - just some arena stuff and some skins. On PC I imagine there are a ton of mods to make 2B super naked, sadly the best you can do on PS4 is take her pants off.