Nintendo releasing a mini version of the classic NES this holiday.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Then if you really love your wife, you should build an RPI for pennies on the dollar and load it with every single rom you can find instead of taking a lazy way out for $60 with limited games and no expansion.

Be a man for Christ sake.
Link to guide? I was mostly worrying about aesthetics and child + wife proofness.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I didn't realize there were two. I heard so much praise for TSB, I didn't realize the one included here wasn't it. That's disappointing.

Are you sure you don't mean 1943? 1942 sucked ass and has probably the worst sound of any NES game.

1943 was a big improvement, with stats to power up and a vastly improved soundtrack.

I'm on the fence about this one. I'm a huge retro Nintendo fanboy, but I own the vast majority of those games (several times over in a variety of formats for many), and a good chunk of them are just "meh" games that don't have much lasting appeal. I'll probably end up getting it anyway (love the design, and it never hurts to have yet another version of Kirby's Adventure/Mario 3/Mega Man 2/Star Tropics), but I honestly don't see it getting all that much use.
Yea, I think it might be 1943. There was another similar one I'm thinking about too.

Also Silent Service is missing.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had one of the first NES's in history. Gyromite, Duck Hunt, the Gun, ROB (Robotic Operating Buddy) two controllers and the system. Yes, I am bragging.
Same here and after about 20 minutes with that fucking ROB I just pushed down the buttons by hand
biggrin.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Link to guide? I was mostly worrying about aesthetics and child + wife proofness.
Just buy a case for it and it's virtually the same exact thing as this. I suppose if a kid threw it around he could kill it, but it fits in your pocket so you could just put it away when you don't want to use it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just buy a case for it and it's virtually the same exact thing as this. I suppose if a kid threw it around he could kill it, but it fits in your pocket so you could just put it away when you don't want to use it.

Cybsled

I don't remember Kid Icarus being that hard when I beat it as a kid. Ghosts N Goblins, though? Fuck...
I agree there. I -never- beat Ghost N Goblins legit. It didn't help the jump controls sucked ass and 90% of the time you died because you fell into a pit or got hit by something as you jumped, which caused you to fall into a pit ;p

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Beating GnG was one of the better days of my young childhood....no TMNT !??!? Still have nightmares on that stupid swim level.

And old female friend from college was freaking out about Bubble Bobble haha, i remember playing that shit as a kid waiting for Santa to come. Sad days when he brought me "Infiltrator" instead of the Castlevania I wanted. The hardest game in the histoy of all NES hads down (infiltrator). I bet < 5% people ever got past the first stage which was basically flying a sim helicoptor with no god damn instructions.

No top gun is sad, landing that plane was always fun plus the fueling was GRRR!

No Dragon Warrior
frown.png
I got that with my subscription to NES! I think i got my picture in there for beating FF with 4 white mages!

Mega Man 3 was another amazing game for the time. Dr Wily come get some bitch~~~~

Considering i have like 300 dollars of unplayed games that i can't get myself to play i probably should pass on this as my tastes keep getting more narrow
frown.png
I do want to go play some Ogre Tactics!!

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Same here and after about 20 minutes with that fucking ROB I just pushed down the buttons by hand
biggrin.png
I would control the Professor by hand and the gates with my feet (using ROB's button-pushing contraption).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Beating GnG was one of the better days of my young childhood....no TMNT !??!? Still have nightmares on that stupid swim level.

And old female friend from college was freaking out about Bubble Bobble haha, i remember playing that shit as a kid waiting for Santa to come. Sad days when he brought me "Infiltrator" instead of the Castlevania I wanted. The hardest game in the histoy of all NES hads down (infiltrator). I bet < 5% people ever got past the first stage which was basically flying a sim helicoptor with no god damn instructions.

No top gun is sad, landing that plane was always fun plus the fueling was GRRR!

No Dragon Warrior
frown.png
I got that with my subscription to NES! I think i got my picture in there for beating FF with 4 white mages!

Mega Man 3 was another amazing game for the time. Dr Wily come get some bitch~~~~

Considering i have like 300 dollars of unplayed games that i can't get myself to play i probably should pass on this as my tastes keep getting more narrow
frown.png
I do want to go play some Ogre Tactics!!
Oh god tmnt. That water level where you are defusing bombs. Never beat that game when I was a kid.

Never played ghouls and goblins, but did play super ghouls and ghosts. I know you basically had to beat it twice

Ninja gaiden was still probably the hardest game for me though. Such a fucking cheap game

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There were some games where I would get stuck and just be unable to get any farther formonthsbut because I only had so many games I'd keep going at it. I remember getting stuck in Kid Icarus in the first dungeon or getting stuck on some tricky platforming in Contra or finally figuring out a puzzle in Maniac Mansion or what the fuck Wizards and Warriors expected of me and being able to keep going and eventually beat those games.

With TMNT I was stuck on the water level for a long while and after I beat that I just got stuck again on some other bullshit, then some other bullshit, then some other bullshit, and then just gave up entirely. I don't think I even went back and beat it with a Game Genie as a kid and I've never bothered to run through it on an emulator to see the last levels. The one just wasn't a good time.

Cybsled

When I was a kid, I convinced my parents to buy me Rushin' Attack. They were disturbed it was so violent (lol), so they returned it and I ended up getting Wizards and Warriors instead. In retrospect, Wizards and Warriors was a much better game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Are the people who do not know Ice Climber too young to have owned a NES at the time or was it more famous in Europe? I think it was bundled with the console at some point and around here it was very often the demo game in toy stores.
I grew up on the NES and never heard of it.

SirJames

Golden Squire
I felt the same when Reddit was nutting their pants about it yesterday. I don't see what this does that RPI doesn't do. I bet there is a market if you just bought up a ton of RPIs, loaded retropie onto it so its plug-and-play and sell it for like $20 more. This is basically a nerfed RPI that only runs one emulator and only has a limited catalog.

Also for anyone with an RPI can probably attest these games are fun to load up for 5 minutes then you realize how sluggish the controls are on NES and just give up because nostalgia can only be fun for so long
Similarly, I hate using my hate using my credit card when I goto the grocery store, waiting in that stupid line, making small talk with the cashier. It's soooo much easier to just pick what I want and walk out.

Seriously, fuck both of you. I understand pirating Final Fantasy or whatever when they are charging $25 on the play store for a 20 year old game. But this is $2 a game, with a cool physical hardware box. They literally couldn't give this away for cheaper. You don't have to buy it, but saying there isn't a market for this incredibly reasonably priced item, because there is a "free" option is just stupid. People like convenience, people like not stealing thing when they don't feel they are being raped. This accomplishes both, its going to sell like crazy.

Cybsled

Similarly, I hate using my hate using my credit card when I goto the grocery store, waiting in that stupid line, making small talk with the cashier. It's soooo much easier to just pick what I want and walk out.
Your grocery store doesn't have self-check out? Stop & Shops around here do. Only time they suck is when you get some technologically inept fuck who can't figure out how it works.