Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just picked up my first repaired Joy-Con. Nintendo had written a "Sorry!" note and included a tiny iLuv speaker as a thank you (Wish they just had given some Eshop coupon or something). Still waiting on the other Two Joy-Cons :|
41WEUsoCfjL.jpg

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Only affects a few though. So few we decided to brand an apology letter and a speaker.

Shit show. Apologize publicly for the fuck up and bending your faithful up the ass with an early access piece of shit hardware. I doubt anyone gives two fucks about a Bluetooth speaker. We all want Nintendo to be relevant again and would rather have a solid piece of gaming back. Or just turn 3rd party with fake development.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The problem is it's a device that was like 3 mo heavy iteration from excellent (ie should have fixed shit and got a maxwell) and just in time for xmas season which makes me wonder, again, how many chromosomes Nintendo executives have.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
What's your furthest distant view from the display?

Also, the portability is lacking since the 3DS didn't require a second device to matchmaker and lobby.

Neither does the Switch. The only thing that has been said to require a second device is voice chat.

Both Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for example have both matchmaking, lobby, and party systems within the game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Neither does the Switch. The only thing that has been said to require a second device is voice chat.

Both Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for example have both matchmaking, lobby, and party systems within the game.

Well that's good at least. I thought matchmaking, lobby etc required the app.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
You also have to take into consideration all the other improvements in tech over your current tv. The difference will be huge for you. Resolution is just one part of what makes a picture good. Since you are so on the fence, wait till black Friday or Super Bowl to buy your tv.

Also there are going to be a bunch of 1080p tvs with HDR this year. I think all of the Sony ones will have them. If you are still rocking 720p you might as well go 4k though since you don't seem to upgrade your tv often. HDR is a big fucking deal and if set up correctly you will notice a huge difference.
Also can do it during the new TV model month, lots of last years models pretty damn cheap than.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nah it will be back for Christmas, probably with an SNES classic. They just want all of their manufacturing lines at FoxConn focused on the Switch I'd bet.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can think of two reasons. The machine was hacked and people were loading roms on it so they want to come out with a more secure version or they want to make a higher profit margin when they release those same games in a pack for the switch.

• 1Smuggly

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Neither of those make sense. All of those games are available in other places and easier to access without requiring an NES Classic. I'm sure they will also be on the Switch just like they were on every console's Virtual Console, but the NES Classic has nothing to do with it.

The only reason that makes sense is they just didn't have space to manufacture it anymore. Any production facilities they are contracting need to be pumping out Switch's.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully they bring it back one day. I think they just want to dedicate all manufacturing to Switch right now.

It would be a great holiday item.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nah it will be back for Christmas, probably with an SNES classic. They just want all of their manufacturing lines at FoxConn focused on the Switch I'd bet.

Now that BotW is old news will anyone actually buy a switch? Nintendo is fucking stupid.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Switch launch month numbers. People only want it for Zelda, how surprising

Nintendo Switch, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Launch Sales Numbers Revealed - IGN

Nintendo has revealed that the Switch sold 906,000 in its 28 days on sale in North America according to the NPD Group. Breath of the Wild, meanwhile, sold 1.3 million copies across Switch and Wii U in that same window (925,000 units were sold for Nintendo Switch/460,000 units sold for the Wii U).