Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I didn't watch. What was new about it? Other than the usual platform stuff we have seen in the other games?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Different Kingdoms/Worlds each with different mechanics. No power-ups, instead Mario throws his hat to attack enemies and can also use his hat to control/become that enemy and use it's abilities to solve puzzles and obstacles. Still lots of platforming and collecting obviously.

More in the vein of Mario 64/Galaxy than 3D World.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Word on the street is that Monster Hunter World is a mainline MH game and that Monster Hunter XX isn't getting released on the Switch outside of Japan.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You guys are doing it wrong. You get your kids games and systems for xmas and birthdays and you ask for shit they don't want for your days. If you want to play their shit just ground them on trumped up charges.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
So I kind of liked what I saw about Xenoblade 2 in regards to combat and the general large world, but the character designs are just so awful lol. =/ I was a little disappointed with Chronicles X but if this game is more like the first in the story department I could probably get over the designs.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Xeno games have always had awful character designs, I don't know why.

Except Xenoblade on the Wii which had awesome character designs and depth. (Unless I am missing something here in where you don't like the way they run or something)

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I don't think the problem is the characters themselves (outside of the main guy's outfit, I like the helmet but the shorts are weird) but that the main character is a kid.

The adult characters look pretty kewl.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
All they said is they have nothing to announce, not that it's not getting localized.

Completely transitioning Monster Hunter from handheld to console would be one of the dumbest things Capcom has ever done, and they have done a lot of dumb things. Consoles are dead in Japan, and that's where the vast majority of MH consumers are. Unless they think MH World is somehow going to explode in popularity in the West unlike any previous MH title has.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So which is it? Is the fucking Switch a handheld or not? When people complained about it's lackluster power the defense force were all quick to pull the handheld angle, now that one of the premiere handheld titles isn't going to see the light of day outside Japan it's only a console. Seriously, make up your minds.

Oh, and if it's only a console and consoles are dead in Japan, why is Japan the only place in the world getting a Switch version? And if it's a handheld why isn't it getting released everywhere like every other handheld version? The spin is making me dizzy, I can't keep up with the excuses anymore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So which is it? Is the fucking Switch a handheld or not? When people complained about it's lackluster power the defense force were all quick to pull the handheld angle, now that one of the premiere handheld titles isn't going to see the light of day outside Japan it's only a console. Seriously, make up your minds.

Oh, and if it's only a console and consoles are dead in Japan, why is Japan the only place in the world getting a Switch version? And if it's a handheld why isn't it getting released everywhere like every other handheld version? The spin is making me dizzy, I can't keep up with the excuses anymore.

Nintendo is like a religion. When they stopped producing the NES classic is was because they were transitioning those foxconn lines to Switch lines to ramp up production lol! Or it was because the rumored SNES Classic. There is an excuse for every single fucking thing Nintendo does or doesn't do. All bases are covered and it is never Nintendo is fucking retarded. No cloud saves? Who cares lol if the game is good enough you play through it again! Getting Desync? How fucking dare you have a glass coffee table or an aquarium! They even cited that horseshit article about Nintendo flying Switches that provided zero fucking numbers or where they went or how many or any god damn proof of anything. It was all speculation with fill in the blanks nonsense by writers who know nothing about shipping by air or the costs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

I have no idea who exactly you are arguing with in this thread.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I have no idea who exactly you are arguing with in this thread.

The post directly above mine. I should have quoted it but because they were successive posts it seemed pretty evident what I was replying to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The post directly above mine. I should have quoted it but because they were successive posts it seemed pretty evident what I was replying to.
Well then I guess I don't get your argument. He is making no claims as to what the switch is or isn't.