Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well to be fair he didn’t even open it so he might as well have not bought it to begin with

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Bandai Namco just announced 3 Switch exclusives to be revealed between Spring and Summer 2018 - what could they be?

We know for sure a Tales game is one. Maybe Smash 4 port (Bamco did most of the work on the Wii U version with Sakurai oversight). The dream would be a Dark Souls collection (Bamco owns the Trademark, would take involvement by FROM but they are supposedly working on Switch title(s)...).

A new Baten Kaitos game from Bandai/Monolithsoft would be sweet too.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So 2019 at the earliest for any games to hit the device. Leaving 2018 still null and void of any meaningful games aside from Yoshi. Never cared to play a Yoshi game in my life. No way in hell will they get ANY of the souls games to run well on this thing. None. Zero.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well the first two Souls games were designed with the ps3/x360 in mind so I'd imagine DS3 is the only real hurdle there.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Well the first two Souls games were designed with the ps3/x360 in mind so I'd imagine DS3 is the only real hurdle there.

Considering how From butchered the PC release of both of those games, I wouldn't put much faith in there being an easy transition to Switch.

Besides, a Dark Souls collection would be way too large to fit on a single cart. No chance in hell it happens. If they did release them It'd be three seperate $60 games.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
DS1 was a mess as that was From's first real PC port and the game wasn't very well optimzed even on PS3/X360(Blighttown?)

Only real problem with DS2 that I remember was the durability issues being tied to FPS? I haven't played the PC port of DS2 though.

Now that I think about it Souls games don't really run all that well on any platform.

Edit: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct is out, I liked most everything I saw. Lots of systems at play, combat appears to have more depth. Dual audio confirmed too which is a nice addition. My only real complaint is the main character's design but even that I'm warming up to a bit.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Edit: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct is out, I liked most everything I saw. Lots of systems at play, combat appears to have more depth. Dual audio confirmed too which is a nice addition. My only real complaint is the main character's design but even that I'm warming up to a bit.

Link to a video?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I don't like that they spoiled an obvious major plot point in the Direct (Pyra/Mythra dual nature). Happy for the dual audio.

So 2019 at the earliest for any games to hit the device. Leaving 2018 still null and void of any meaningful games aside from Yoshi. Never cared to play a Yoshi game in my life. No way in hell will they get ANY of the souls games to run well on this thing. None. Zero.

Maybe? If Smash 4 is one of them then they have probably been working on that port for awhile already. Those are just the exclusives - they still have multiplats coming from DBZ and Naruto I believe.

The main part of the article wasn't the exclusives announcement, but the Bamco CEO lamenting the fact that they didn't realize the Switch would be such a success early on and that they were slow to start supporting it fully.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Switch can't handle Doom, even at 30 fps. Constant fps drops, texture/lod issues, ect..Good luck with Wolfenstein!

Yay third party games!

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I was at Best Buy getting my ps pro for my new Oled 4K. As I was looking for a used copy of lost legacy, I listened to a dude talk to an older couple looking for a console. He correctly said ps pro is the console to have IF you have a 4K set. Xbox one X is the same but the game selection for exclusives, (he explained what exclusives were) was very limited. They asked about the switch. He said “well, it doesn’t do 4K yet but it’s coming. “.

Lol wtf.