Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
yeah my xc1 isn't being delivered from amazon until next week, gonna play that first i've never touched a xenoblade game before. Its $50 on amazon too but gotta wait for delivery, but don't have to walk into a walmart either

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Watched a few streams. Man I wish this would launch in 4k on PS Pro. The world would be gorgeous.

Remaster at 720p seems not worth the 59 bucks to me but it's such a good game :(

Lemme know what you guys think when you play it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It looks a lot better than the Wii version and 10x better than 3ds. In handheld it's at like 540p. It is what it is really. For how big the game is and how fast the areas are, they did the best they could.

Reviews I read said it looks better than XC2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I'm going to pick up XC2. Haven't played an RPG in god knows how long but looking for something to scratch the itch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
XC1 gave me 100k currency for having played xc2 before. Not sure if that's a good amount, but I've only played 43 minutes

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So my local Walmart has a truck sitting docked that has 4-5 new Switches. I know this from conversations with employees in store and over the phone. I don't trust that they aren't just holding them to buy them for themselves.

Store closes in an hour and a half, despite being a super Walmart. New covid hours. Gonna go back and try and have someone look up the SKU and once it shows in stock be like so can you go grab it from the back?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
XC1 gave me 100k currency for having played xc2 before. Not sure if that's a good amount, but I've only played 43 minutes
I've got about 300 hours in xc2, same amount. It's probably a reference to the 100k you're given at the start of xc2. Gold isn't really good for much in xc1 anyway.

Btw, if anyone wants to unlock all the appearance options without having to have a lot of gold for crap you'll never wear, you can save your game at a shop, buy everything, then reload. Even though you reverted your save, the appearance unlocks are saved in a different file (because they carry over to the new content too) and you keep them.

Seems like a good remaster so far. Definitely looks way better than it did on Wii, though I'm not sure I'd call it strictly superior to a modded pc version. TV mode seems about on par with xc2, but handheld mode is a huge improvement.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've got about 300 hours in xc2, same amount. It's probably a reference to the 100k you're given at the start of xc2. Gold isn't really good for much in xc1 anyway.

Btw, if anyone wants to unlock all the appearance options without having to have a lot of gold for crap you'll never wear, you can save your game at a shop, buy everything, then reload. Even though you reverted your save, the appearance unlocks are saved in a different file (because they carry over to the new content too) and you keep them.

Seems like a good remaster so far. Definitely looks way better than it did on Wii, though I'm not sure I'd call it strictly superior to a modded pc version. TV mode seems about on par with xc2, but handheld mode is a huge improvement.
I am loving it so far. My only experience was 3ds

About 4 hours in, and I think i.ended around 16 hours in on the 3ds so nothing is really new. I have died a couple times to bosses just because of bad luck. I hope you get a healer (I can't remember if you do)

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So inbetween meetings in my office I have my switch set up in handheld mode on my stand (With my readers on God I am getting old) with my Pro Controller to play XB Definitive. Pretty sweet :)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Plays great on docked. Still runs good handheld, but definitely noticeable drop in quality - more FPS drops too

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What ps4 game would you say XB Difinitive is most like? It looks interesting but i don’t want to drop $60 and not have the game click with me. I haven’t played a non-ps4 rpg in years.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What ps4 game would you say XB Difinitive is most like? It looks interesting but i don’t want to drop $60 and not have the game click with me. I haven’t played a non-ps4 rpg in years.

Hard to pinpoint on this one. In any active battle, you have a few options and the biggest difference in the game is the combat system.

1) Which party member you are controlling

2) How they are attacking in the party (Free for all, concentrated on a single target)

3) Autoattack is engaged but when you have skills (Arts) that you can use. For example in the beginning, Shulk has Side, back stab, and a break to set up a toppe from another character (Useful against Mechon's in chapter 2) You have to move to certain areas of the fight to take advantage of those and a tool tip (Exclamation point) flashes on the option when you are in an area to get most effect out of that Art. The deeper you get, the more complex it can get. (Arts all have separate Cool Downs)

You also have a talent tree as well, chain attacks which you can use, or also leverage in 3 stages to revive fallen members, etc.

So I like the combat system but really have no idea what to compare it too. The atmosphere of the world and story around it though is pretty epic. Some of the Weeby has been turned down (It was tuned down in the original) so nothing like some of FF10's "Really?" moments. Side quests are WoW like and you also have an Art leveling system for more power wiith full equipment and weapon configuration with gem slots for those. Along with Gem crafting and many shops to buy items and equipment in.

Early in the game you get a subsegment of abilities in attacking and can switch between these in real time and they often work together in tandem. I don't want to spoil that for you though in case you get the game because there is some story wrapped around it.

Wish I could tell you what the combat is most like compared to other games but I never played a lot of JRPG's and this one was one I took a chance on because people said it wasn't as weeby as others which always turned me off. I had the Wii version but didn't get very far because the graphics in 280 were killing me at the time and I always had problems running it in Dolphin. Its 720p docked here but not better and easier to control with my Pro.

Music is fantastic.

I just hit chapter 3 but so far, it's pretty amazing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like