Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For instance you'll need to do a break and then the AI needs to do a move right after to topple big enemies. Sometimes you do it and they... just dont...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Also during side quests and other things, it depends on time of day. Side quest destination markers do not show up, you have to go to the affinity chart and find the person you need to speak too and see their hours of being around in the info table. You can fast forward time if needed. It's also better to travel out during the day instead of the night - but you also will probably have some side quests that require you to skill certain monsters and they only pop at night. There are also side quests that only appear at night as well.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So kinda ff12 combat (which I really enjoyed back when I played it on the ps3) but no gambits and kinda complicated sounding side quest stuff with a good story and music. Sounds pretty nice. Thanks for the info guys.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also the level range of enemies is wild. I remember swimming in a lake to check something out and it was a level 70 boss or something.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I got to the bionis knee at level 14 or.so and there are level 80+ just walking around

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The SKU's for Walmart Nintendo Switch's is all fucky, making it impossible to trust BrickSeek, or any other store. Sucks, because for around where I live and work that's going to be the best bet and getting one. I shoudl be happy with the Switch I already have, but wife wants a second one since Animal Crossing has consumed everyone's life.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The combat system also gets very complex more so in later chapters. I just hit chapter 3 so I am now learning a new mechanic. It’s getting hectic. :)

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best thing you can do is move all the arts around on the bar. Like for Shulk at the beginning, I put pink side attack, red side attack, de-aggro+damage buff, and back attack in slots 5/6/7/8, then do them in order in almost every fight. Slot 1 is reserved for easy access to his daze on those rare occasions when Reyn isn't a retard and actually uses his topple after Shulk's break.

It's actually pretty hard to get used to the AI in this game after the way XC2 driver combos (break/topple/launch/smash) were executed perfectly most of the time. I guess it's not as important in XC1 though, seeing as you can't really break/topple/daze anything that's actually a serious fight without using a chain attack to overcome the break immunity.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Best thing you can do is move all the arts around on the bar. Like for Shulk at the beginning, I put pink side attack, red side attack, de-aggro+damage buff, and back attack in slots 5/6/7/8, then do them in order in almost every fight. Slot 1 is reserved for easy access to his daze on those rare occasions when Reyn isn't a retard and actually uses his topple after Shulk's break.

It's actually pretty hard to get used to the AI in this game after the way XC2 driver combos (break/topple/launch/smash) were executed perfectly most of the time. I guess it's not as important in XC1 though, seeing as you can't really break/topple/daze anything that's actually a serious fight without using a chain attack to overcome the break immunity.
You know, I didn't think to move stuff around. I'll try that. Tired of doing the button dance, especially on trash.

Speaking on chain attack. Because of how shitty the game is on the switch I ended up missing the tutorial for chain attack. There comes a pretty hard boss later on that I COULD NOT BEAT. After googling the strat I felt like an idiot for not knowing chain attack.

• 1Faggotry

Nester

Vyemm Raider
You know, I didn't think to move stuff around. I'll try that. Tired of doing the button dance, especially on trash.

Speaking on chain attack. Because of how shitty the game is on the switch I ended up missing the tutorial for chain attack. There comes a pretty hard boss later on that I COULD NOT BEAT. After googling the strat I felt like an idiot for not knowing chain attack.

Don’t feel bad, XB games are really bad at explaining stuff like that compared to what you are used to. I was getting super frustrated in XB 2, spent like 30 min online basically studying the deeper mechanics that just did not click before I started to really get it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ya sadly that 3DS version, was really fucking crap.

I think it's just due too the fact that the screens are so tiny on the 3DS and there is so much info that you need too keep track of.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah it was a pixellated mess and a lot of times I couldn't even see what I was fighting. Apparently I got pretty far because Ihaven't seen anything new yet -well.. I mean, besides ACTUALLY seeing where I'm going.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Fucking Amazon delaying my Collectors edition again. Second time I've gotten screwed over on a preorder from them. Never again.

Sorry had to vent.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Fucking Amazon delaying my Collectors edition again. Second time I've gotten screwed over on a preorder from them. Never again.

Sorry had to vent.
Dear Customer,

We sincerely apologize for this delay. We want you to know the Driver that was stopped on the highway and beaten to near death by peaceful protesters has been fired as a result of your inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Amazon Customer Service

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Sorry had to vent.
Did you check brickseek to see if any Walmarts that haven't been burned down have it?

• 1Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Did you check brickseek to see if any Walmarts that haven't been burned down have it?

I haven't done that yet but I'm probably going to. Riots haven't really been a problem around where I am at.

I'm hoping I get some kind of delivery update tomorrow but if I don't I'm just going with somewhere else. Not sure if I can find the collectors edition in a store though.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it was a pixellated mess and a lot of times I couldn't even see what I was fighting. Apparently I got pretty far because Ihaven't seen anything new yet -well.. I mean, besides ACTUALLY seeing where I'm going.

I ended up finding a Wii version for pretty cheap. *pirate eye*

Then emulated it with the better upscaling features, for a Wii game it really is a awesome looking game over all, and fucking so longggg..

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Just went to walmart and got a copy, fuck it.

Before I start though does could anyone tell me what button you use to skip cutscenes? I want the new outfits that you get from starting FC in the main game but I don't want spoilers so I plan to just mute my TV and not look at the screen while mashing the skip key heh.