Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Pro controller is great and 100% worth it for console play on a TV. Wish it worked on PC. Amazing battery life as well.

might be the best controller I own.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It is the only zelda I haven't played so I guess they got me
It's the worst one, skip it.

You'll see something happen on the game, then your fairy spends a minute telling you what you just saw. Over and over again. The setting is kinda off too.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I had a good time with Skyward Sword, played it on PC even with the motion controls. It's not perfect by any stretch but it was still fun.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Bought one for the wife for Xmas. Bought another this past weekend.

Wish there was a hardware update, buying a console with 4 year old parts hurts, but damn it's a great little system.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Bought one for the wife for Xmas. Bought another this past weekend.

Wish there was a hardware update, buying a console with 4 year old parts hurts, but damn it's a great little system.
Haven't they done a minor hardware refresh? Or at least new batteries for the newest produced versions?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vorph Vorph My 8bitDo SN30 Pro+ is wigging out and I can't figure it out. At first it wouldn't stay connected to the Switch for longer than a few minutes. Would just drop BT connection. Then I plugged it into my computer and ran the firmware updater and that seemed to fix it. Now, it won't even turn on. When I plug it into USB to my computer the red light on top stays on for a second then turns off, and the first green LED on the bottom stays lit. Tested it in Steam, and works fine wired.

So is the battery just dead and I don't know it? How do you know if it's charged? I unplug it, hit Start, nothing happens. About ready to try and send it back, as it's been a piece of junk.

Vorph

Vorph Vorph My 8bitDo SN30 Pro+ is wigging out and I can't figure it out. At first it wouldn't stay connected to the Switch for longer than a few minutes. Would just drop BT connection. Then I plugged it into my computer and ran the firmware updater and that seemed to fix it. Now, it won't even turn on. When I plug it into USB to my computer the red light on top stays on for a second then turns off, and the first green LED on the bottom stays lit. Tested it in Steam, and works fine wired.

So is the battery just dead and I don't know it? How do you know if it's charged? I unplug it, hit Start, nothing happens. About ready to try and send it back, as it's been a piece of junk.
Haven't run into anything like that and I also don't have mine here with me at the moment, but there's a FAQ on their support site -- SN30 Pro+ faq | 8BitDo . Only one thing there that looks relevant though. It does sort of sound like a bad battery, so you'll probably have to contact them.

Edit: Now that I'm looking at mine, I never realized it used the same kind of battery pack as the ones I use for my Xbox controllers. Looks like you can put 2 AAs in there and see whether or not it's the rechargeable that's causing the problem.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
if u dont wanna click

thats gonna be super tough to buy if its 1m/WW a month

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'd love a 4k docked Switch. Playing Bravely Default 2 now and while I like the game quite a bit, it does look a little ugly on my 4k OLED.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It'll be 4K upscaled obviously so won't be that great looking but yeah it'll help with 4k TVs. Sounds nice enough, I've been waiting for a Switch upgrade, but on the flipside I really want to play some Monster Hunter Rise, so it'll be a challenge to see if I can resist the temptation until it releases.

Vorph

Your 4K TV already has upscaling built into it though. The Switch might end up being better at it than really cheap TVs, but I'd be very surprised if Nintendo puts in a chip that competes with high-end TVs.

That said, still buying one no matter what--my Switch is out of warranty at the end of Nov. and an OLED screen has got to be superior to the original one. I wonder if they'll pull their heads out of their asses and use Gorilla Glass 6 this time...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll be honest, my daughter docks our switch on our 4k LG OLED, and it looks pretty damn good as is. So I don't see a reason to upgrade. Especially because she finally got the switch for Christmas.

spronk

FPS noob
158642572_788822695075552_6041462740978335770_n.png

• 1Edgelord