Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He's talking about the new 8bitdo Pro 2 controller, the upgraded version of what was already the best controller for Switch/PC/RPi emuboxes/etc.

Mine's out for delivery today too, looking forward to finally trying it out in MH Rise. Glad I preordered too, seeing as all three versions are completely sold out on Amazon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
english GIF
controller gud

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
He talks about buying the controller 3 posts before his review. How can it be so hard to keep up on a video game forum you visit every fucking day.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so the app is pretty cool and easy, just switch the controller to "D" (for droid) and the the app connects instantly,(this could be great for ppl who game on the go and are ocd about profiles, ha) i really don't have any need for adjusting the "dead zones" and whatever but i could see making use of the macro keys and redoing the worthless "take a pic" button and such.

also remapping is nice. It's a chore to do it on the ps4, you have to access the handicap section to remap buttons, this is useful if you played a game and the next game you play has jump on O instead of X, etc...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so the app is pretty cool and easy, just switch the controller to "D" (for droid) and the the app connects instantly,(this could be great for ppl who game on the go and are ocd about profiles, ha) i really don't have any need for adjusting the "dead zones" and whatever but i could see making use of the macro keys and redoing the worthless "take a pic" button and such.

also remapping is nice. It's a chore to do it on the ps4, you have to access the handicap section to remap buttons, this is useful if you played a game and the next game you play has jump on O instead of X, etc...
Yeah, first thing I did with both my 8bitdo controllers was remap the screenshot button to turbo instead. Macros could be useful too now that the Pro 2 has multiple profiles you can swap to instantly, but I haven't come up with anything specific yet for MH Rise. Maybe some of the more complex movesets could work, but I feel like locking myself into a long series of inputs would cause more harm than good.

Only downside to remapping stuff like jump buttons is that it screws up UI stuff too. Same problem if you want to get rid of Nintendo's retarded A/B swap.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, first thing I did with both my 8bitdo controllers was remap the screenshot button to turbo instead. Macros could be useful too now that the Pro 2 has multiple profiles you can swap to instantly, but I haven't come up with anything specific yet for MH Rise. Maybe some of the more complex movesets could work, but I feel like locking myself into a long series of inputs would cause more harm than good.

Only downside to remapping stuff like jump buttons is that it screws up UI stuff too. Same problem if you want to get rid of Nintendo's retarded A/B swap.
youre using it for the latest adventure game, while i'm using it for a stupid cooking game lulz, literally opposite ends of the spectrum

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Been playing Xenoblade Chronicles DE with the first 8BitDo, have only had to charge the thing once. Great controller.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

While I don't own or every used any 8bitdo controllers, I think I should note that the praise for those is not universal. The Mexican Runner who spent last month getting all the possible endings and speedrunning records imaginable in Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, spend a good chunk of his time cursing his 8bitdo and the lack of a Switch controller with a good D-Pad. Barbarous King one of the best Kaizo Mario World player and creator also says every time he is asked that he tried several 8bitdo controllers and that all of them were bad, the D-pads unable to survive for any length of time the rigors of kaizo play.

Those guys are not representative of the average gamer though, they use their controllers harder and for longer periods of time than almost all of us.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
While I don't own or every used any 8bitdo controllers, I think I should note that the praise for those is not universal. The Mexican Runner who spent last month getting all the possible endings and speedrunning records imaginable in Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, spend a good chunk of his time cursing his 8bitdo and the lack of a Switch controller with a good D-Pad. Barbarous King one of the best Kaizo Mario World player and creator also says every time he is asked that he tried several 8bitdo controllers and that all of them were bad, the D-pads unable to survive for any length of time the rigors of kaizo play.

Those guys are not representative of the average gamer though, they use their controllers harder and for longer periods of time than almost all of us.
lulz, i games i play, d-pad is for weapon selection, etc

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Shit, the last controller that I used that had a good d pad was the ps3. The 8bitdo pro 1 being the next best and merely ok.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
notice lag recently with both pro1 and pro2 controllers playing overcooked.

gone when i plugged both into the pc, so it's def wireless.

don't know if it's cuz of both controllers using bt now, or cuz i'm only using bt4, but i also have
ff7701b3cbce7b749f3eecca2d4014d8.png

and it's only bt2, i think...

anyway i'll figure out what the issue is, at least if i have to, i can go pnp wired.

before i had zero lag w/ the pro1 on wireless w/ cyberpunk, fwiw

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mentioned this in the PS5 thread, maybe someone here can help out: Whenever I play Mario Kart 8 on the Switch, I have serious drifting issues. The controller will either bank sharply in one direction (usually left) at random times, or it'll slightly veer in one direction consistently for minutes on end (usually left).

This is my second set of joy-cons because my first set had terrible drifting problems. Except it was with all games, not just Mario Kart 8. Now, other games work 100% fine and it's only Mario Kart 8. That "signal problem" antenna on my character's kart seems to go off regularly during the races too, which tells me there's some kind of problem with the signal, but only during that one game.

I'm pretty mystified about this and don't think the joy-cons themselves are faulty (since every other game is fine). Any input would be appreciated. Maybe the vehicles in Kart 8 just automatically drift a little during races, for all I know. I usually use motorcycles.

spronk

FPS noob
you probably have gyro controls in the game, it causes weird drifting. turn it off in MK8 settings if you play with joycons

aka "i'm using tilt controls"

also i'd recommend investing in any sort of pro controller whether nintendo first party (awesome) or the 8bitdo stuff

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
you probably have gyro controls in the game, it causes weird drifting. turn it off in MK8 settings if you play with joycons

aka "i'm using tilt controls"

also i'd recommend investing in any sort of pro controller whether nintendo first party (awesome) or the 8bitdo stuff
This, forgot the button, but when selecting your cart I believe if you hit the + or - key it will bring up the tilt or control selection.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

probably be $60 each lulz
Wow this is a bio of an adult who approved that this be his bio.

“Derek joined the TweakTown team in 2015 and has since reviewed and played 1000s of hours of new games. Derek is absorbed with the intersection of technology and gaming, and is always looking forward to new advancements. With over six years in games journalism under his belt, Derek aims to further engage the gaming sector while taking a peek under the tech that powers it. He hopes to one day explore the stars in No Man's Sky with the magic of VR.”

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wow this is a bio of an adult who approved that this be his bio.

“Derek joined the TweakTown team in 2015 and has since reviewed and played 1000s of hours of new games. Derek is absorbed with the intersection of technology and gaming, and is always looking forward to new advancements. With over six years in games journalism under his belt, Derek aims to further engage the gaming sector while taking a peek under the tech that powers it. He hopes to one day explore the stars in No Man's Sky with the magic of VR.”
that man is eq age
38cff5c2337c9b7e100ec536a37b7522.png

around 35 or so