Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
LO5JJ2B.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll probably buy one eventually when Atlus has some SMT games out for it, but the first thing they announced looks like it's Strange Journey 2, and the original game on DS is easily the worst game in the entire SMT line up. It's the absolute last game that should ever get a sequel.

What I really hope is that since Atlus will be forced to design for normal HD screens instead of the DS/3DS gimmick, they will go ahead and release them all on PS4 as well.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Really, unless you feel like you absolutely *have* to play Zelda on the Switch, there really doesn't seem to be any reason to bother picking one up until Christmas at the earliest.

spronk

FPS noob
Best Buy is running the $25 off $100 visa checkout promo again, you can use it to snag some switch games a bit cheaper. Your order MUST be $100 or more, you must click the visa checkout button at the bottom right of the cart page (not best buy checkout), you'll have to create a visa checkout account, GCU still applies, yadda yadda. You could do bundles like

Zelda Special edition - $25 (will have to add $20.01 filler if you have GCU since it discounts to $80)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + Splatoon 2 + $5 filler (cable, movies, etc) - $25
weaboo games etc

Some fillers you can use to hit $100 are movies (lotta blurays on sale), $5 best buy gift card, $5 USB cables, etc.

With GCU $60 MSRP games drop to $38+tax, you'll have a hard time beating that price on Nintendo first party games.

It WOULD apply to Switch controllers and such but unfortunately i don't think they are listed yet for sale on the best buy site.

Can do in store pickup on pre orders or ship, doesn't matter. If you cancel one thing in an order down the line the entire discount is wiped so bundle smartly, if you do decide to pre order. You can cancel anytime, last time the pre order went out I made 24 orders of 2 games each but have ended up cancelling about half of them when I realized I have zero desire to play Resident Evil 7, Tales of Berseria, Nioh, etc.

Amazon has 200GB microSD card for $66, it was $50 over black friday
Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD (SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A): Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
  • 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
A wild white knight appears

I'm not white knighting for Nintendo. In fact, several pages ago I ranted on this whole portable/home system idea and called it a gimmick. But I said if they priced the system where I thought it should be (around $200 to $300) that I'd buy it just for their usual list of games that they bring out with every system (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc...). Those games alone make it worth buying the system. Maybe this time I'll be pleasantly surprised with a few third party titles like when I bought the Gamecube and got Resident Evil 4. I didn't buy a PS4 or a Xbox1, and from most of what I've heard and read, I didn't miss anything. I have my PC for those games. Nintendo just scratches that itch for games that are just flat out fun to play, especially with friends.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You morons realize Mario is unemployed right? The 'little money he earns' is just roaming around the Mushroom Kingdom looking for dropped Koopa coins.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I didn't buy a PS4 or a Xbox1, and from most of what I've heard and read, I didn't miss anything. I have my PC for those games.

Plenty of great games that were never on PC. I mean if you only play RTS, MMORPGs, MOBA, and refuse to play FPS on anything but PC, then yeah I guess you didn't miss much

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Don't own a wiiu, preordered switch for Zelda. Zelda=no brainer buy, and since I had to buy a console anyway; I went with the newer one.

Plus, FromSoft is listed as a dev for the console.

IDGAF if its just ports; Portable souls seems pretty fuckin win to me, since I'm obesseive over FromSoft shit these days.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Don't own a wiiu, preordered switch for Zelda. Zelda=no brainer buy, and since I had to buy a console anyway; I went with the newer one.

Plus, FromSoft is listed as a dev for the console.

IDGAF if its just ports; Portable souls seems pretty fuckin win to me, since I'm obesseive over FromSoft shit these days.

Well, you got that right. A souls game with 1.5 hour battery life on the portable. A whole new difficulty standard in playing.

This thing is a damn mess. Now from the technical and hardware stand point (Which that is just ridiculous as well) but from an application/Online/Servies stand point. The Switch shouts so much Anti Consumer and value it makes my head spin. I get why people would want to play the new Zelda as a hardcore nintendo fan. Luckily I have the Wii U and my pro controller already so I won't have to buy this quite literal piece of shit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Having said that VR is in its infancy and won't see huge numbers any time soon. The problem is analysts and VR fanboys expected it to be the biggest thing ever this past holiday which is why you see so many reports about disappointing sales, etc.

Agreed. But it's funny because there are disappointing sales over the Holiday, at least for PSVR, because they have been out of stock for at least a month and a half.

Sony stated they were happy with the results. Problem is, where are the backfills now so more people can buy it?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Name me one console since 2000 that has launched with a huge library, or has launched with more than two or three quality games. When I bought the PS3, I bought Resistance, and that game was mediocre at best, and the graphics weren't anything that were better than what I experienced on my PS2. I don't really care about having 100 games at launch, as long as there's a steady flow of games that continue to come out post launch, and make at least 70% of those games good to great. Nintendo has always been quality over quantity.

The problem with Nintendo recently has been outside of the staple of Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc...) there hasn't been much of anything at all. With all of the third parties that are singed on to make games for the Switch, I don't see that being a problem.

It isn't so much the game launch. It's the piss poor rate the games that matter will be coming out. Which, for anyone considering until they saw the God awful anti consumerism they have going on with poor value in their online service which hasn't even been priced yet (Can't wait to see that one if they are charging $70 for a fucking Pro Controller) and lack of usability requiring a smart device to use multiplayer functionality on a console (I mean come on. What the fuck here) is having them wait it out at LEAST until Christmas or next year at the earliest.

That 3rd party line up won't mean shit when they cancel development because this thing has about a 2 million install base after a year.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Lol high speed 256GB out now are like $200...

Also I bet they won't release pricing on online component until after they ship. Hype it up and ship initial batch then drop the bad news on the consumer.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh I am gonna cancel my preorder. Official store price in Sweden is 400 dollars. LOL! Fuck you Nintendo

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Holy shit the comments. "I SURE HOPE ANYONE THAT MADE FUN OF THIS FOR LACK OF STORAGE FEELS SILLY NOW!"

Are they THAT blind? Holy Hannah. The price on anything 256 is upwards of $150. I added a 2 tb internal drive to my PS4 for way less than that. Also, if they don't assure that external hard drive support is supported (TO my knowledge they still have not done this yet) that's going to be:

$300 for the console
$70 for a pro controller
$47.99 for Zelda
$150 for 256 gb of STILL limited storage
Unknown for their shitty upcoming multiplayer service which requires a separate device for inviting people. (Lol)

So there you have it folks. $567.99 to play Zelda on the switch with a normal controller and enough storage to store 8 games on it, in glorious 900p, 720p on the road with 3 hour battery life and when you want to invite your friends into a game? You have to fire up your phone to send an invite. (COME ON! HOW DID THAT DECISION EVEN GET MADE!)

What a bargain.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users