Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
it'll be funny in a year or two if stuff like the surface pro 4 run CEMU really well, then you could have a tablet that emulates Wii (Dolphin), Wii U (CEMU), NES/SNES, remote play into PS4, and play any steam game

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can the surface pro4 even run Dolphin decent enough? Surface pro5 I could see it happening but don't know about 4 running. And it's also like 3times the price of a switch so yeah. Granted you said a year or two so it'd be lower at that point.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea but a surface pro 4 starts at $900 which is easily the cost of a Switch, a pair of pro controllers, a charging dock for the joycons, a 256 GB SD card and four games.

Oh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
varukorgen
img?prodlist=260606q1,217541q1,260612q1,260593q1,230644q1,250009q1,
[/IMG]

We finally got the official prices in Sweden:

Nintendo Switch Controller Pair Grey $100
Nintendo Switch Grey Console $415
Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Grip $56
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller $90
Random 128GB SDXC card $67
The Legend of Zelda BOTW $67

Total cost: $795 or 7079 SEK

Last edited:

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I think you guys are underestimating how well this will sell (at least initially). Despite almost nothing but negative impressions, you still have people like etchazz and others in this very thread that are buying it regardless. There are plenty of Nintendo fanboys that never bought a Wii U; for them this will be an entry into a new Zelda game immediately. Now whether this support lasts or if this becomes another Wii, who knows (I would bet flash in the pan).

As for myself, TIL about CEMU. That looks incredible. I find amazing that a current gen console is being emulated so well, games are running better on the emulator than they are on the console itself. That speaks for both how amazingly robust the emulation community is and how terribly outdated the technology in the Wii U must have been.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
varukorgen

Looks about right when you take Sweeden's VAT into account.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think you guys are underestimating how well this will sell (at least initially). Despite almost nothing but negative impressions, you still have people like etchazz and others in this very thread that are buying it regardless. There are plenty of Nintendo fanboys that never bought a Wii U; for them this will be an entry into a new Zelda game immediately. Now whether this support lasts or if this becomes another Wii, who knows (I would bet flash in the pan).

As for myself, TIL about CEMU. That looks incredible. I find amazing that a current gen console is being emulated so well, games are running better on the emulator than they are on the console itself. That speaks for both how amazingly robust the emulation community is and how terribly outdated the technology in the Wii U must have been.

There's no doubt and i've been saying it will do pretty well. I'm guess it will sell below their expectations but become profitable enough to not feel any remorse or feel they need to do things any differently. I'm still struggling with the idea simply due to the Gamestop trade-in incentive. I hate to add to the problem and it really goes against everything I believe in but with a family who loves Nintendo, I really have no need for my XBONE. My kids will want to play these stupid Switch exclusives in addition to Just Dance and such rendering my XBONE useless. Though, they're going to miss Garden Warfare and Battlefront (and that also takes away my 2K and Madden) but I know i'm going to be consumed with BotW and they with the Switch games and their WiiU games.

I may change my mind out of principle but my wife and kids are pretty excited for the Switch and if I know i'm going to get it for Christmas, I might as well get what I can from what I currently own. This makes me even more mad at Nintendo.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Lolololol

Will have maybe 5 must own games over its whole life cycle

Already confirmed for Switch: Zelda: BOTW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario: Odyssey, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bomberman R, Rime, Syberia III, Street Fighter, and Project Sonic. Throw in a new Metroid game (which you know is coming), A new Luigi Mansion (which was also teased), new Pokemon, and you already have as many good titles coming out for the Switch as Xbox One and PS4 have had over their 4 year period.

There are a lot of valid arguments against the Switch. Your statement is just flat out wrong and downright retarded.

Last edited:

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Ha! Well, you are talking about how you are buying it for an application you find useful, and I am just reminding you that just because a name is on the 3rd party support list, doesn't mean your application of playing Dark Souls on a portable is going to come true. If this doesn't sell, From Software won't be dedicating any development time to port over three games and it's DLC in a bundle unless 1) It has a base to make it worth going after. 2) It's cheap as dirt to port so the risk is minimal.

I'm buying the console cause I just want the fucking console. Zelda is enough to sell the console, since i didn't ever buy a WiiU. Mentioning FromSoft was like "hey, fucking icing"..

Jesus fucking Christ the salt up in your veins is making your blood grittier than your sandy ass vagina.

Dude, I made a purchase with the money I earned on a product I wanted. You can fuck right the fuck out of my purchase history and go back to furiously rubbing your dick with Sandpaper each time someone mentions something negative about the switch.

I also bought a fucking Wii just for wiisports. Does that anger you? Does it excite you? Maybe both? Shit man, try auto-erotic asphyxiation. It'll be more fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
With EA bringing FIFA to the Switch, what are the odds that Madden will make a comeback? That's actually one third party game that would get me to buy the Switch.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
With EA bringing FIFA to the Switch, what are the odds that Madden will make a comeback? That's actually one third party game that would get me to buy the Switch.

I'm assuming their entire lineup will come to the console as they have teased both NBA and FIFA now. I can't imaging them leaving Madden, NHL, or WWE out. We'll see but that appears to be the direction.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

It's probably my most played game every year, but not sure I'd touch a Switch version if it's 'customized for Switch' and that translates to 'port of 360/PS3-style game, no chance of physics, Frostbite, etc'

All along EA said they were developing 'a' game for Switch. If this sells like gangbusters the rest of the year and FIFA sells millions, anything is possible I suppose but hard to see them setting up dev pipelines for all of their titles if the Switch can't be easily ported to from the existing generation of titles.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'm buying the console cause I just want the fucking console. Zelda is enough to sell the console, since i didn't ever buy a WiiU. Mentioning FromSoft was like "hey, fucking icing"..

Jesus fucking Christ the salt up in your veins is making your blood grittier than your sandy ass vagina.

Dude, I made a purchase with the money I earned on a product I wanted. You can fuck right the fuck out of my purchase history and go back to furiously rubbing your dick with Sandpaper each time someone mentions something negative about the switch.

I also bought a fucking Wii just for wiisports. Does that anger you? Does it excite you? Maybe both? Shit man, try auto-erotic asphyxiation. It'll be more fun.

You should have better spending habits. And also use a thesaurus that wasn't created before the last time Nintendo was actually relevant in the industry.

Your money buddy! I have lots of money too. Doesn't mean I am going to give this anti consumer low value service piece of garbage a spin until they correct about 5 policies and bring the price of the accessories down to normal levels. Oh, and also have some good 1st party games out that I can't play on my Wii U.

You will be the new proud owner of a pile of shit that will fail harder than the Wii U did. 30 years from now you will be able to probably make money though on selling it to a museum when someone from Netflix will be looking for all the other switches buried next to ET in a landfill :)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming their entire lineup will come to the console as they have teased both NBA and FIFA now. I can't imaging them leaving Madden, NHL, or WWE out. We'll see but that appears to be the direction.

It will all depend. They are going to have to scale down the entire game line up to run. I do not know how much horsepower those games take, but Skyrim and Dark souls (1-3) will look and run like absolute shit considering this thing has half the power of an Xbox 1.

Christ, Nintendo may as well just start selling us EGA CRT's again at this point and call it a day.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
varukorgen
img?prodlist=260606q1,217541q1,260612q1,260593q1,230644q1,250009q1,
[/IMG]

1) I knew I liked you for a reason. Because my dad was full 100% Swedish. My grandparents came from Sweden directly. I am half Swede. I love Sweden. I also need to visit Sweden. I also want a meatball from there.

2) That pricing is absolutely outrageous.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user