Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How long until they release the Nintendo Switch poop simulator?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
You guys with sand in your vaginas are going to look stupid when this thing sells 30 million units right out the gate.

Nintendo can't even produce than many units right out of the gate, so you're already wrong.

30 mil lifetime, maybe, but outta the gate isn't coming close to happening. But keep those blinders on, bro, they suit you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Gamexplain video on the dsync issue:

They found it pretty fast, not entirely sure how this passed Nintendo QC without them knowing about it.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Has it always been $150? I thought it was below $100.

The MSRP for the NES classic is $59.99, it was being sold by amazon for about an hour before it went OOS. Third party resellers are marking it up much higher.

The NES classic has been hacked a while back by the way, it is more powerful than a wii and people have put on it N64 emulator, retroarch (all older systems like sega genesis, MAME, etc). Since there is no firmware update mechanism for it, its worth grabbing one just for that. It has like 2 gigs of on board memory so you can load a lot of shit up on to it, and I think some folks are working on USB drive attachment. Its a fun little piece of hardware that is basically a raspberry pi in a nice Nintendo box. You can use an xbox one/360 controller with it even.
mods, hacks, and improvements to extend the NES classic • r/nesclassicmods

^ if the line of sight stuff for joycon is true, might be a great reason to wait for switch 1.1, just like buying xbox one at launch was terrible idea (buh buh kinect) or PS4 (launch DS4 had a few issues)

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Gamexplain video on the dsync issue:

They found it pretty fast, not entirely sure how this passed Nintendo QC without them knowing about it.

Hahaha Jesus. What a fucking joke.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Hahaha Jesus. What a fucking joke.

Seems they didn't learn anything from the Wii U after all. I can't get more more than 10 feet from my system (in two different houses) without the gamepad losing sync. This whole thing feels like panic mode rush job after the U disaster.

I can't blame people who are day one hyped, but buyer beware. There are too many red flags you can't just write off as sandy vaginas at this point.

Here's another video that talks about it happening without any obstructions:

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As someone pointed out on reddit, if the desync can be fixed via software update it's not that big of issue. If it's a hardware thing? I wouldn't even know what to say, complete disaster.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
From that video, it looks like weak broadcast signal/bad antenna. I imagine there's a battery life vs power tradeoff and the current configuration doesn't work reliably at 10+ feet. I can't see how this sort of thing made it through QA though...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Seems they didn't learn anything from the Wii U after all. I can't get more more than 10 feet from my system (in two different houses) without the gamepad losing sync. This whole thing feels like panic mode rush job after the U disaster.

I can't blame people who are day one hyped, but buyer beware. There are too many red flags you can't just write off as sandy vaginas at this point.

Here's another video that talks about it happening without any obstructions:

Holy fuck. There is even inherent input latency and it looks to be based on distance??

Palum

what Suineg set it to
From that video, it looks like weak broadcast signal/bad antenna. I imagine there's a battery life vs power tradeoff and the current configuration doesn't work reliably at 10+ feet. I can't see how this sort of thing made it through QA though...

Yea almost assuredly is a signal strength issue with battery life.

That said, I'm no electrical engineer but I would think you'd want to constantly monitor signal strength and increase db gain when you have too much signal degradation?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also it seems to only affect the left one, why wouldn't they use the same hardware in both to transmit?

I'm betting it's a software issue with the switch itself dropping the connection since resyncing it seems to make it work fine again. This is the first (I think) system that has two seperate controller signals for one player.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
This thing is such a botched rush job.

No VC, shit hardware, very limited software (more so than usual) a shit online service which may or may not ever function correctly which requires a separate device to even use, no apps, I mean.... Holy fucking shit guys.

Why the fuck is ANYONE buying this.

I look forward to playing with you on your switch that you bought because you lost a bet!

• 1Like
  • 1SJW

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Also it seems to only affect the left one, why wouldn't they use the same hardware in both to transmit?

I'm betting it's a software issue with the switch itself dropping the connection since resyncing it seems to make it work fine again. This is the first (I think) system that has two seperate controller signals for one player.

No, in the video above you can see it affects both. However, because of normal grip, the left hat switch is used extensively (for character movement in Zelda, as an example) whereas the right one is not used much at all. He demonstrates it affects both.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I doubt Nintendo even made 5 million launch units, let alone 30 million.

It took the PS4 two years to hit 30 million, and got there the fastest in console history. The Switch won't come close to that. I'll be shocked if it hits five million this year, much less thirty. For reference, the Wii only sold about 3 million in its release year, it expect the Switch to do the same or less.

Basically, 30 million is pie in the sky nonsense.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
As someone that didn't buy a WiiU, I'll get the Switch. But maybe not until the holidays. I REALLY want to play Zelda. And the Mario game looks fun too. You guys must have some really high standards if those games don't look good.