Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Therage

Vyemm Raider
This is literally the only thing keeping me from playing Zelda. It's not just that the weapons break so easily, the interface for switching weapons is tedious and immersion breaking. I understand why folks beeline for the master sword to avoid the trauma and time wasting of weapon management. They literally could have left that part out of the game, or double/tripled durability and it would have made for a much cleaner feel.

Meh I've been playing botw since launch. I learned to used the slate powers a lot and just stock up on weapons. Even on Master mode where mobs have a lot more hp I haven't had many issues. I found it annoying at first but by doing lots of shrines you get plenty of weapons.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The plethora of weapons isn't the issue. It's the fundamental aspect that's so strikingly different from any previous iteration of Zelda that it becomes tedious and annoying to the point that I don't care to continue playing. I've played and beaten every Zelda to date since the original, and this is the only one that actively annoys me.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I bought Zelda and played it two hours and haven’t since, maybe year ago. I’ve played all the zeldas before but this one yeah my weapons breaking it’s annoying. Just no desire to deal with that while also figuring out where to go. Of course I was younger before but now I’d rather invest my time elsewhere

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it says a lot about the weapon system in BoTW when it's preferable to skip fighting stuff vs engaging the content.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

I do not see it as game breaking. While I think you should be able to get the master sword sooner- seeing as its "not needed" and it helps hold over the breaking weapon thing- even through it "breaks" and regens shortly. The master trial full upgrade is like 3x more durable so that helps.. But damn I cannot beat the trial on master lol

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never played Smash before, got Ultimate for Christmas. Game is amazing. Just a ridiculous amount of content. Still unlocking dudes, got like 50 unlocked at this point. The story mode is cool too, there seems to be unlimited amount of "spirits" to unlock. And fun as hell as a party game with built in tournaments too. I haven't really touched my Switch since Mario (which was kind of meh for me) and now I'm playing for hours a day again.

Also you guys are nuts not liking BoTW. Easily one of my top 10 games of all time. The weapon breaking thing is annoying at first but after awhile I found that inventory space was more limiting, in that I kept having to throw away weapons b/c I just kept getting newer, better ones. Plus I was travelling a lot when the Switch came out and having Zelda on those long flights/in airports was amazing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I noticed an old classic is on here... Mario Tennis! Anyone have it?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I noticed an old classic is on here... Mario Tennis! Anyone have it?

My wife really loved Mario Tennis Aces. We played some coop and it was fun too. Seemed like the story mode was pretty long as well.

Needless

Toe Sucker
botw was fantastic, cant say i have any desire to play it again though

i've been playing ds1 again on the switch since i needed something to do on my flights, forgot how fun that game was

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm not paying 360$+ (console+game) just for Smash. Which is all I'd use it for.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

You can get their new "cheap" wireless non-pro controller - no rechargable battery, or the wired one if the stupid 80$ pro controller is no go.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'll wait till people get tired of em in a month or two and scoop eBay/Craigslist.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yep when i got switch it was 300 for the console, 55 for ARMS game (my first one), then another like 75 for two joycon set so my second player could effectively box me in ARMS game and since it was used joyons gamestop didnt supply the wrist connectors for the joy con, so buy used little wrist connectors for the two joycons $5 each. bend over. dont forget a decent sized microSD unless you buy all cartridges (i got a 128gb cause even updates take space - each game has its own update and save data) plus you do get like a cloud data thing if you pay for the online subscription but it also makes you download the online app to access the online game library.. i also bought steering wheels and a carrying case, and a protective case for the tablet itself and an external joycon charger since you can only charge joycons when they are connected to the tablet while the tablet charges..

still enjoy it more than the ps4 i had.

and fortnite/rocket league i dont htink come in cartridges so youll have to digital DL those if you like that stuff. same with paladins.

Siliconemelons

Yeah my internal memory just capped out trying to download BOTW >_<

What is the best speed to buy for a switch? generally some really nerdy people have done speed/load tests on various SD card speed levels and find a "hard cap" - I know with ps3 SSD HDDs etc there was some form of bottleneck and only X speed was worth buying etc.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
U3 if you think you'll ever mess with cfw, otherwise U1 is acceptable. I got the Samsung Evo 128 when it was on sale. Same as I use in phone, tablet, Raspberry Pi, and every other console/handheld that needs one; they're the best sd cards for any purpose.

$28 for it on Amazon right now, not the lowest price but it's not terrible either.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'll wait till people get tired of em in a month or two and scoop eBay/Craigslist.
yea, nintendo shit don't ever go cheap, even used. official(real) gamecube controllers can still go for 30bucks, almost 20 years used.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Octopath is $40 today, debating this or tales any suggestions to scratch my Jrpg itch.