Nioh 2 (PS4 (PC in November?))

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Think I’ll get the big bag of pizza rolls and hit this up all night. Shit... or wait til Monday to play while working from home. Dammit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have this downloaded, but my family is really cramping my goddamn style tonight in the living room. Will play Ori on my PC until they disperse.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Three bosses in and hot damn it is awesome. Going heavy armor/axe stamina Odachi secondary. It is working but until a get more skill points not sure what my build is going to be.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am going to need to take a step back and respec at some point. The amount of builds pouring out is unreal.

Need to sit and think about what I want... BUT ITS SO HARD. Luckily I love this level of theorycrafting.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there any way to ever get the other starter spirits?
In the first game you could get them eventually in a side mission, I don't see them changing that, just takes a while it wasn't like super early.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Haven’t even looked online yet, don’t want it to mess with my idea. If it doesn’t work then so be it. Final idea is big boy trade hits who cares because when I kill you I will get health back and then regenerate. End game usually means going through levels as fast as possible so it should work out. If they do another boss arena though I will have to switch.
I am going to need to take a step back and respec at some point. The amount of builds pouring out is unreal.

Need to sit and think about what I want... BUT ITS SO HARD. Luckily I love this level of theorycrafting.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Fuck you snake boss
Fuck you and both your stupid fucking arms and your stupid fucking yokai realm shit. I win, after at least 30 deaths, and I piss upon your corpse.

I am like really struggling with ki management in this one especially in those stupid yokai realm shifts. Winning is satisfying though, it’s a battle of patience with myself and I generally have zero so that is where the bulk of my frustration comes from. Really digging the game outside of that, pulling of a burst counter at just the right time is very cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I've only played like an hour this morning and I really, really need to work on the ki management/regen muscle memory. I absolutely suck right now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Man, this game is very good. The amount of builds, skills, cores. It's overwhelming right now.

Milrop

Trakanon Raider
I think this is the hardest game I’ve ever played... on death 25 with the first boss. It’s glorious.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't decide between ninjutsu/kunai kusarigama or a more or less pure tonfa build (since I just read that you can apply discord in Nioh 2 without needing onmyo). Or maybe I'll just start out with the tonfa setup and then combine the two eventually..

I was playing a switch glaive build but I think it's too slow a start for my first character. I'm not a huge fan of the weapon itself, and it takes a long time to really get into onmyo.

I think this is the hardest game I’ve ever played...
Not sure about hardest I've ever played, since Nioh really isn't close to other Team Ninja games like Ninja Gaiden, but I think it's the hardest that I've played and actually enjoyed.

Milrop

Trakanon Raider
Not sure about hardest I've ever played, since Nioh really isn't close to other Team Ninja games like Ninja Gaiden, but I think it's the hardest that I've played and actually enjoyed.

I should’ve caveated with hardest Soulsborne* I’ve played. I thought Sekiro was tough in the beginning, but after mastering the parry system, it became a lot more approachable. I think there are just so many concepts and systems to grasp here that it elevates the difficulty to a new level. Not complaining at all, it’s very difficult, but doesn’t feel unfair.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played Nioh 1 for a bit, and after watching several good streamers play this, I can't buy it, lol. I love the non boss combat, but all the bosses look like bs to me. I'd lack the patience to git gud with them. =)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This game has been really fun to watch but I got bored before I beat the original. In the beginning I loved it because it felt like Dark Souls and that's what I was looking for, but by mid game it felt more like I was playing Diablo. How's this compare to the first one for those of you playing it now?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This game has been really fun to watch but I got bored before I beat the original. In the beginning I loved it because it felt like Dark Souls and that's what I was looking for, but by mid game it felt more like I was playing Diablo. How's this compare to the first one for those of you playing it now?

Played for just a little bit today but it doesn’t seem like they streamlined the inventory/ loot system much? Again, barely in at all but the menus feel similar and still already have 4 different legs, three hats, six or so weapon drops, etc. It has been since Nioh release though since last played.