Nioh (Team Ninja)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Fuck it. I ordered on Amazon. I'm in the middle of another couple games right now, so I can wait until they get it back in stock. What are the PS4 Pro features on this?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To sum up the Digital Foundry article:

Action mode uses adaptive resolution to maintain 60fps. It tries to stay at 1080p but will occasionally drop down lower, even all the way to 720p if necessary. On a normal PS4 it's also 60fps, but spends a lot more time around 720p.

Movie mode locks you in at 30 fps, resolution varies from 4k down to 1440p. Normal PS4 is 1080p30 with no variance in resolution, but occasional frame drops. It also adds judder to the camera movement that is quite noticeable.

Variable mode - don't bother.

I agree with their assessment that action mode is the way to go on either console.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I can't figure out the Last Chance Trial bonuses, do they show up later? There was one not redeemable due to server issues or whatever back at the time, but the other went through fine.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you can, watch Lirik play Nioh right now, I think he might eventually rage-quit the game and he hasn't even made it to the first boss, lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you can, watch Lirik play Nioh right now, I think he might eventually rage-quit the game and he hasn't even made it to the first boss, lol.

Watching him use Duel swords makes me glab I didn't main that. Also he is fairly terrible, low stancing the boss...come on! Jesus he is under leveled and seems to never learn anything.

Last edited:

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't figure out what kid of weapon I want to main and I'm definitely spreading my stats too thin Sucks.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I can't figure out what kid of weapon I want to main and I'm definitely spreading my stats too thin Sucks.

10K you can buy a respec, no worries. Well the first time, second time is 30K, third is 100K, I think it maxes at 100K.

Vorph

Kusarigama was easy choice for primary after the last beta, it's the second one I can't decide on.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can change stances? lol.

I played the first demo some, not a lot, and decided I wanted the game, so didn't touch any of the others.

But I'm past the intro level, the first real section and into the burning village place and cleaned most of it out just now.

Game is fantastic.

Also I'm maining spear right now.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, went to buy this on prime and was sold out. Will wait though, as $12 off is $12 off

• 1Solidarity

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Watching him use Duel swords makes me glab I didn't main that. Also he is fairly terrible, low stancing the boss...come on! Jesus he is under leveled and seems to never learn anything.

They get powerful later on. If you wear full light armor (or keep weight blue), you get very high mobility that ties well with its combos. Can dash in, hit, dash out, ki pulse, rinse repeat. Entire combo takes around a second or two. Looks fairly silly though as fights turn into you basically just bouncing into enemies. Saw someone do it on a boss from start to finish without getting hit and without stopping. Light armor dash puts you away from nearly every melee distance.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the demo I was Kusarigama and Dual Uchi's. It was like a walking blender just slinging shit around and switching to swords for slice and dice. Probably only picked the Uchigatana b/c of Souls, then got used to it and refused to switch.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kusarigama was easy choice for primary after the last beta, it's the second one I can't decide on.

Err, what you choose actually matters, beyond the 3 allocated stats it gives you? I don't even remember what I chose.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Choose as in what to use primarily, I'm sure he means. Since you don't want to spread stats too thin and each stat ties to basically a weapon type. Plus utilizing your skill points and unlocking the higher tier abilities for your primary weapons.

Vorph

Yes, that. I'll spend points in two weapon categories, and there's no point in using non-spec weapons since you'll be missing Ki Pulse on Dodge, Flux, and whatever else you get.

Kusarigama is a dex/skill/body weapon, so it makes sense to pick either spear or dual swords as your second. Though it really seems like minimal investment in a second weapon with a large investment in ninjutsu is the better way to go. None of the other melee weapons use dex, which is the primary stat for kusarigama, but ninjutsu skills also use it as their main stat.

• 1Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, that. I'll spend points in two weapon categories, and there's no point in using non-spec weapons since you'll be missing Ki Pulse on Dodge, Flux, and whatever else you get.

Kusarigama is a dex/skill/body weapon, so it makes sense to pick either spear or dual swords as your second. Though it really seems like minimal investment in a second weapon with a large investment in ninjutsu is the better way to go. None of the other melee weapons use dex, which is the primary stat for kusarigama, but ninjutsu skills also use it as their main stat.

Gotcha, makes sense.