Nioh (Team Ninja)

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah if you go in and out of rest mode you can try and connect to different servers for a reasonable speed, Sonys networks is such a fucking pile of shit. Pausing/resuming can also change servers ive read.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pausing and resuming has worked best so far. 24 min until playable. Not sure how playable that is, though.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love this game. Will have more thoughs after some more playtime/sleeptime, but for now I'll conclude thus: spears feel like spears, yet they're also fun. Never seen that in a game before.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well this is better than Dark Souls in every way. Especially just the fact that combat is much more fluid and less tanky/clunky in general.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I hate you all. Should have used a vacation day. Maybe I'll take half a day off this afternoon.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I hate you all. Should have used a vacation day. Maybe I'll take half a day off this afternoon.
Don't feel bad, I just checked Amazon and it says they haven't even shipped it yet. Estimated arrival is Thurs! Fn Amazon Prime... I'm tempted to cancel and buy digitally.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Game is great except for the lack of unique mobs. Only about 20ish different enemies not counting bosses, but at least the bosses are great.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Don't feel bad, I just checked Amazon and it says they haven't even shipped it yet. Estimated arrival is Thurs! Fn Amazon Prime... I'm tempted to cancel and buy digitally.

Unless you're dead set on the physical copy I'd do that.

I don't buy physical at all anymore unless its a super cheap deal.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Made it to about the half way point of the first mission before I forced myself into bed. Hate Tuesday release BS, shit needs to be Fridays.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
SO GOOD! Was up far too long, all my time playing Souls and Blood Borne have prepared me for this game. I beat the first boss on second try and have only died like 5 times total. I have to look into WTF to do with weapons at max familiarity and the crafting system in general. I basically have only used the Axe, the mid and low stance is so damn good and I have the ki recovery down so I basically three hit combo, recover, two hit combo, and then grapple for the kill. I normally play fast weapons but the amount of KI damage axes do when blocked is insane, and the low stance is super fast.

I want to shed all responsibilities and just play this game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
SO GOOD! Was up far too long, all my time playing Souls and Blood Borne have prepared me for this game. I beat the first boss on second try and have only died like 5 times total. I have to look into WTF to do with weapons at max familiarity and the crafting system in general. I basically have only used the Axe, the mid and low stance is so damn good and I have the ki recovery down so I basically three hit combo, recover, two hit combo, and then grapple for the kill. I normally play fast weapons but the amount of KI damage axes do when blocked is insane, and the low stance is super fast.

I want to shed all responsibilities and just play this game.

My understanding from the Demo was that max familiarity allows you to transfer the indicated bonus over to another crafted weapon. But I only toyed with it briefly before it expired. Someone had a few Reddit posts looking at combining multiple low level weapons vs. a couple of high level weapons and what had greater impact.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
SO GOOD! Was up far too long, all my time playing Souls and Blood Borne have prepared me for this game. I beat the first boss on second try and have only died like 5 times total.

Saw a few streams later in the game, and they say that the difficulty spikes up quite a few times through the game. First part, you get familiar with the system, can get away with mistakes. Middle part, you need to master KI. Later (rank 5) missions requires using items/skills, dodging, ki, (de)buff management and gear management. Higher level missions also really punishes you for rushing.

Game doesn't unlock until midnight today here :( Have the deluxe edition pre-downloaded.

PS: Saw someone ask about co-op. I saw a stream where two people played co-op, and they said that to join in missions together, one player needs to have completed it first. So, while it is easy to match up with each other, it doesn't sound like you can play it blind together.

EDIT: also, not mentioned in the tips video.
- Later you unlock "PvP", where you select a faction (there are 20ish?) which is either red or blue. This I think increases glory gains (currency for unlocking bonuses at the Tea House) from defeating the player summons of the opposing clan. I believe actual PvP is a planned DLC.

- "Diplomacy" tied to the gestures (gestures have different colours)
--- Mimics (clone of yourself from a chest) can do an emote when emerging. If you quickly correspond with the correct emote, they will despawn with a loot shower. If you do the wrong one, they will attack.
--- Hidden walls often appear as a wall with eyes. If you do the correct emote (believed to be based on the colour of their eyes) they will despawn. If you do the wrong one, they will attack. You can get hints by looking at graves surrounding the wall with the message "died with a neutral response" or something like that, where the text will have a colour.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hrmm so a veteran can help a noob but can't experience the game together blind, that will rub some people the wrong way.

Intrinsic Intrinsic Thanks! Pretty sure my bandit axe doesn't have one of those icons that indicates a skill that can transfer so I guess I can use it to soulforge or sell if for a mass amount of currency. I did find a purple grade spear before I called it a night, may have to check them out.

My axe does have an insane Parry modifier on it but don't have the skill yet...at least I think I need to unlock it. Hell I don't even know if Axes can parry.

Did I mention this game is awesome!? So good!

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Unless the co op has difficulty scaling not sure you would want to co op the first time. At least I wouldn't.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Unless the co op has difficulty scaling not sure you would want to co op the first time. At least I wouldn't.
Doubt it scales. The people I saw doing co-op were grinding summons in a side mission where they had a NPC follower too. Killed things real fast.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Wanted to pick this up on Amazon for the prime discount after hearing how great it is and it is out of stock. Since when do new games go out of stock on release day?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its the new Dark Souls but better in every way. It is also the first big title of the new year I'm pretty sure. At least, nothing that has come out since January has caught my eye.

No surprise Amazon is temporarily out of stock.