Nioh (Team Ninja)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
UPS delivered my copy, not bad from Best Buy shipping it out. Didn't even mean to ship it since I was going to do in store pick up.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This game is looking really good. I can't wait to suck terribly at it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Same, did the digital preorder to preload since the last time I bought a "physical disk" online they sent me a code in a box anyway.
That had to be a PC game, right? I don't think they would do that on PS4.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just gonna do my usual show up at Walmar at midnight and ask for it thing while hoping the guy who works third shift doesn't do his usual stare at me vacantly because he downed a bottle of percocet then ate the bottle thing.

Game looks awesome.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Is there a reasonably easy way to play this co-op with a buddy? I know there are the Dark Souls like ways of adding people to your 'instance' but it is more than that? I am somewhat intrigued by this, but am looking for something cooperative to do with friends more often than not these days.

Edit: nevermind found a newer write-up that clarifies this. Seems like adding one buddy is pretty easy, but you can only do 2 person things so if you have more than one friend you are left with a quandry.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just gonna do my usual show up at Walmar at midnight and ask for it thing while hoping the guy who works third shift doesn't do his usual stare at me vacantly because he downed a bottle of percocet then ate the bottle thing.

Game looks awesome.
I tried that with Yakuza 0 and they didn't stock it. Ended up having to buy it digital instead, since I was too impatient to order it from Amazon after missing release day delivery. Don't have to worry about that this time though, the last demo was more than enough to convince me to pre-order Nioh.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried that with Yakuza 0 and they didn't stock it. Ended up having to buy it digital instead, since I was too impatient to order it from Amazon after missing release day delivery. Don't have to worry about that this time though, the last demo was more than enough to convince me to buy Nioh.

Yeah, Walmart'll fuck you on niche (Disgaea) and kinda-niche (Yakuza) shit if you head there expecting a successful midnight purchase. I think they'll have Nioh, but I guess it couldn't hurt to call.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hoping to get to play some tonight. Unlocks at 9 pm pst I think so should get a couple hours in

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn, IGN gave this a 9.6. I mean IGN sucks, but they totally don't suck when they assign high scores to games I want to like.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is it illegal to shoot a UPS driver with a pellet gun if they don't follow your delivery instructions? I'm sick and fucking tired of them ignoring my requests. I have a two story deck with a locked gate at the bottom and despite numerous written requests their driver continues to jump my locked gate, walk all the way up the deck, and deliver the package to my door. If that fucker fell and hurt himself climbing my gate or jumping the stairs I have no idea wtf would even happen.

Sorry, had to vent. Too bad it'll be too late to kill demon monsters and take out my rage.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
little less than 3 more hours until my digitally pre-order is unlocked...sweet

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is the first game I've bought since FF15.

Can't wait.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Some of the reviewers are saying shit like 100 hours to finish everything. If that's the case, I almost assuredly will not be finishing everything

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of the reviewers are saying shit like 100 hours to finish everything. If that's the case, I almost assuredly will not be finishing everything

It just depends entirely on how post-game or side content shit actually pans out. Souls 1 and and (/duck) 2 had a lot of longevity; 3, otoh, fell apart after beating it once or twice. We'll see.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was watching cohh some this morning and he has been playing for around 30 hours now. Doesn't seem anywhere close to being done, he is going back and doing the twilight version of missions tho

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glad I called Walmart - they didn't get it in, so now I'm stuck downloading this shit on the worst servers in the world. 3mbps downloads'll have me done in about 4 hours!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can try putting the ps4 into rest mode and it might go faster.