No better shows have ever existed than Seinfeld or X-files.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Arrested Development
2. Sunny
3. Wire
4. League

?Raffi: I just got done taking a dump in your backyard
?Ruxin: What?
?Raffi: Nothing
?Ruxin I thought that was my neighbor's Great Dane
?Raffi: Come on, Great Dane's do not eat that much gum
rrr_img_41391.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as comedy series go, I am surprised no one has mentioned Scrubs yet. Scrubs was golden.
I mentioned scrubs. Read thread if you are going to critique thread.

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm. Yet, every time I see a clip from Seinfeld I am shocked by the atrocious line delivery and abominable laugh track. Someone please explain to me how it is better than Curb and convince me to watch that show.
Every time I criticize Seinfeld based on the laugh track people tell me it was a "live studio audience"!!! But there were a bunch of non-studio on location shots in the series with laugh track too.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I mentioned scrubs. Read thread if you are going to critique thread.
whoops, missed that. I read the thread, but I have to confess I read it in one sitting and by the time I got to that post I was starting to skim a bit...I see it now.

2. Nothing about Breaking Bad is bad
Agreed. I hesitate to call an ongoing series greatest of all time though just because sometimes how a show ends can shade the whole thing a bit. I don't think it is possible they could pull the kind of fail it would take to put a shadow over Breaking Bad, but I'm still holding off 'till it is done.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does this thread go this far without even mentioning Firefly? Granted it lasted 1 season but still...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Peopel who say nothing about breaking Bad is bad are forgetting The fly episode. But other than that the statement is correct.

I would probably place Scrubs at the top of my comedy list. King of the Hill is up there too.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Peopel who say nothing about breaking Bad is bad are forgetting The fly episode. But other than that the statement is correct.

I would probably place Scrubs at the top of my comedy list. King of the Hill is up there too.
We've been talking about how good the fly episode was in the BB thread this week.

iannis

Musty Nester
The trouble about Talking Bad about Breaking Bad is that even the bad parts (which do exist) aren't really "bad". They're mediocre or extraneous. When compared to the rest of the show and the potential of those elements within the larger framework of the story they're bad elements. When compared to all except a handful of other television shows they're still not good, but you're hard pressed to actually say they suck.

You could do an entire show about Skylar, change nothing, and CBS would air it for 3 seasons at 8:30 on Tuesdays. And it would get enough ratings to forestall cancellation.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How does this thread go this far without even mentioning Firefly? Granted it lasted 1 season but still...
Im guessing its because Firefly sucked

I tried watching it about a year back to see what all the nerds were complaining about for 10+ years.

Suffice to say, I didn't even make it through the first episode before turning it off.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I tried watching the firefly movie without watching the tv show and i ended up walking out of the theater. The fly episode of bb is my leadt favorite in the series.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I watched Serenity before I ever watched Firefly, it's what prompted me to go watch the series. I loved the movie and loved the show.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I don't see how watching the Firefly movie causes a need to see the show. It reminded me of a made for TV or straight to DVD movie.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Firefly was an amazing show and a nice stick up the chocolate starfish for the haters.