No Man's Sky

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My largest problem with this game is that it seems incredibly difficult to do things as a "group". Me and my buddies tried playing this shortly after the VR patch and trying to build bases together, go on each other's ships, etc. was a massive fucking frustration.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Started playing this game in earnest this week. This game is way better than I thought it was going to be. I figured it would be a fun time waster, mindless building type game but you can really go down a rabbit hole with this one. Played until 2 am Sunday night before I realized "Oh shit, that's what time it is? I gotta work tomorrow!"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Ya, you could literally spend hours exploring a single planet and the game has literally billions of them.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
This is one of the few games I look forward to new patches pretty often.

If only I could find a nice planet that doesn't have weather that will murder me so I don't have to take cover every 10 minutes.

THE SEARCH IS STILL REAL

Cybsled

I’ve found a couple planets with no evil weather and setup some bases there. One is an anomaly planet with metal shapes everywhere, other is an Earth like planet with good balance of water and land.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I found a beautiful tropical planet I have a base on but the rainstorms are gnarly when I just want to run around lol. I've been building a base that goes deep into a mountain and has an exit into the ocean from there. I really should get back to it, was having fun building some superhero lair.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Ya, the underwater tunnels work great for that. I have one base where I dug below sea level and made the underwater tunnels, then I used terrain restoration to bury it. I setup a teleporter to get down there

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I did something similar last time I played the one issue I had was getting the land/water sections to interface at the right level.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is one of those few games that promised big and (eventually) delivered. It really is unfathomably big and there are some cool little hidden bits about how to get your true coordinates so other people can find you and vice versa.

There are still plenty of problems, like the worst crafting UI and inventory management system I think I've ever seen. But I'm having a lot of fun just running around exploring, building and upgrading.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finally playing this. It's pretty good.

1586445388042.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Haven't played in almost two years, so figured this play through would try multiplayer with wife, and it's really disappointing. Having weather not shared is really stupid, the planet we are on I haven't had a storm yet and she gets them every 5 mins. Quests are not shared forcing you to duplicate everything, can't really build a base together stuck having to build two. Every unlock has to be duplicated. Travel is difficult, would go a long way to introduce multi person ships just for the ease of sticking together. Will keep at it for awhile but so far it does nothing to add to the fun of this game but is rather the opposite really sucking the life out of it.

I've been very happy with how much they improved this game since launch, but if this is what multiplayer has to offer they should have just left it out.

• 1Like