No Man's Sky

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Haven't played in almost two years, so figured this play through would try multiplayer with wife, and it's really disappointing. Having weather not shared is really stupid, the planet we are on I haven't had a storm yet and she gets them every 5 mins. Quests are not shared forcing you to duplicate everything, can't really build a base together stuck having to build two. Every unlock has to be duplicated. Travel is difficult, would go a long way to introduce multi person ships just for the ease of sticking together. Will keep at it for awhile but so far it does nothing to add to the fun of this game but is rather the opposite really sucking the life out of it.

I've been very happy with how much they improved this game since launch, but if this is what multiplayer has to offer they should have just left it out.
This is my main issue with the game. They made massive improvements, but this game is fucking horrible to play with friends. In my opinion, friends are the only reason I enjoy survival games, and this game might as well be single-player.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

You can build a base together. Under network settings is various permissions regarding base building and what people can and cannot do on your claimed land.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You can build a base together. Under network settings is various permissions regarding base building and what people can and cannot do on your claimed land.

Yes I know but that won't satisfy quest requirements for the building a base quests so you're still forced to build two at least during the stage of just trying to unlock things.

We just figured out the weather is not a matter of it just not syncing. The planets have completely different attributes for us. My planet shows Mild weather and she is right next to me and planet shows extreme weather. Sentinel status also doesn't match up. Is it really that hard for planet attributes to at least match for people?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That sucks, I thought the multiplayer update was supposed to fix a lot of things like that, but it was so poorly implemented previously that we've never come back since to try it out.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That sucks, I thought the multiplayer update was supposed to fix a lot of things like that, but it was so poorly implemented previously that we've never come back since to try it out.
Yeah, me and my buddies were super excited about that update, assuming it would remove a lot of the "single-player only" feel the game had. It really didn't change shit for us. Fortunately, it didn't make multiplayer worse, but it really didn't do much to improve the experience.

It's really unfortunate, because these are some of our favorite games to binge together. Especially since my buddy is attached to the fucking hip with his wife and these are one of the few genres of games she can play without fucking over everyone else with her shitty video game skills.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hrmm... I don't remember weather being de-synced. That's weird. But yea, grouping is doable but it's more of a hassle than it's worth.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Hrmm... I don't remember weather being de-synced. That's weird. But yea, grouping is doable but it's more of a hassle than it's worth.

We figured it out, it's the starting system of a new game that is bugged or so it seems. What I believe is happening, when you make a new game it overrides the planets attributes to make it easier so you don't just insta die but they fail to do this for the person who joins you, they see the planet as it actually is. The systems we have gone to since are now matching up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Blazin Blazin if you like space games or ever played privateer back in the day, I highly suggest elite dangerous. :)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin if you like space games or ever played privateer back in the day, I highly suggest elite dangerous. :)

I just had it installed two days ago, but wife wanted to play something so uninstalled and loaded this up. I played Elite: dangerous in the beta and haven't played since was going to see what changed.

• 1Like

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did they ever get around to doing something smarter with the amount of mutations you can make to a planet?

Used to be that there was a set limit, so if you made a lot of terrain edits, for example by building a base in a mountain, it would eventually start cancelling earlier edits.

That, combined with the lack of creatively shaped base components and more elaborate bases eventually glitching the fuck out, made me quit after building a my third "project" base.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So not worth it to multiplayer? Never played and we talked about it, but now I'm second guessing it.

It's a fun game, the multiplayer experience just doesn't really add anything to that experience. You and a friend could play the single player game along side each other rather than with each other if that makes any sense. You can help each other with resources, design a base together, but the glaring fact will remain that this was not built as a multiplayer game.

Cybsled

I just had a thought about the multiplayer woes...did one of you upload the planet discovery? The game treats everything as up for grabs until one person uploads it, so that might be why the weather is all off.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I just had a thought about the multiplayer woes...did one of you upload the planet discovery? The game treats everything as up for grabs until one person uploads it, so that might be why the weather is all off.

Already resolved weather issue its the system that you spawn in on a new start, it syncs up in other systems.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Did they ever add a toggle for the drones ect, or is there still a working mod to disable them? Kinda bored, this and Conan always fun for at least a few days.

Last I played they still swarmed up your ass if you slightly touched a flower petal, but there was always a mod to disable them or neuter them. Never minded the idea of them on valuable, clearly hostile planets, just ruined everything else imo, for an explore/discover heavy game.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
We figured it out, it's the starting system of a new game that is bugged or so it seems. What I believe is happening, when you make a new game it overrides the planets attributes to make it easier so you don't just insta die but they fail to do this for the person who joins you, they see the planet as it actually is. The systems we have gone to since are now matching up.

This isn't a bug. That's when you get the quest to build a shelter. The weather artifically changes based on whos on that quest, because it wants to purposefully put you into bad weather so you're under pressure to build shelter.