2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'll judge the game on how bad/good the pc port is gonna be

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The one thing I know for sure about No Man's Sky is that I don't care for watching other people play No Man's Sky.

• 2Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
The one thing I know for sure about No Man's Sky is that I don't care for watching other people play No Man's Sky.

Yeah, I was watching the stream and he was shooting a rock, and behind it in the middle distance was a big gold looking rock and all I could think was "shoot the gold rock!"..."shoot the fucking gold rock!"...then he got back in his ship and flew off so I switched off in disgust

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Then I found two giant gold rocks right next to a vendor, so I harvested both of them and made 300k credits in five minutes.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like this will probably be the most polarizing video game of all time.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It shouldn't be, it feels good, plays good, its a bit more obtuse/hardcore than maybe its marketing implied, I think.

In that nothing is holding your hand, really, telling you "Go here, do this". You gotta kinda motivate yourself in it a bit.

Its more relaxing and open ended and sandboxy and that's gonna turn some people off as well.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dunno that questlog on the bottom right part of the screen was enough hand holding to turn me off allready for a sandbox game *shrug*

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I really don't care either way, but that isn't remotely hand holding. They say "Build a warp core. Build a hyperdrive. Leave the Galaxy" and they don't tell you where to find any of the materials to build any of that, and you can just straight ignore that list and go do whatever else you want.

A game gets too overhyped, and then everyone becomes hypercritical to the point that nothing is ever good enough and no one can enjoy anything.

Its silly.

Play it or don't. Its just a video game.

• 2Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone has played Emyprion, this basically looks like a similar gameplay loop. Gather stuff, build a shitty ship, explore some, gather more stuff, make a less shitty ship, etc. There's differences obviously, the main being NMS seems to have an ongoing narrative which most of these explore-gather-upgrade games have largely lacked on Steam at least. I'm still on the fence about it though. I liked Empyion and Savage Lands and Minecraft, but I was able to co-op all of them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is how I feel about any game, really. My eyes glaze over watching "Let's play" stuff. I'd rather read some impressions on games here.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I just streamed it for a bit for anyone wanting a look at it.

I don't get how my son can sit and watch some retard on youtube play minecraft for like two hours, but I don't think he does that so much anymore.

He did go through a phase where he watched people stream a lot of minecraft though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, my girlfriend's kid also watches tons of minecraft youtube stuff. I think it's definitely a generational thing.

Anyway, I just know that I'll buy this shit on PC as soon as it releases and I have a few drinks...

Dyvim

I really don't care either way, but that isn't remotely hand holding. They say "Build a warp core. Build a hyperdrive. Leave the Galaxy" and they don't tell you where to find any of the materials to build any of that, and you can just straight ignore that list and go do whatever else you want.

A game gets too overhyped, and then everyone becomes hypercritical to the point that nothing is ever good enough and no one can enjoy anything.

Its silly.

Play it or don't. Its just a video game.

Sure it may not bother you, but for me its allready too much getting pressed with that in a sandbox.
I mean i could log into CS:S and shoot at anything moving just pretending it to be HL2. One habit does not transfer well into other habitats though.

tldr: This is not the droids we are looking for.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just streamed it for a bit for anyone wanting a look at it.

I don't get how my son can sit and watch some retard on youtube play minecraft for like two hours, but I don't think he does that so much anymore.

He did go through a phase where he watched people stream a lot of minecraft though.

Dude, its like what kids do these days. I dont think any of my kids sat down and watched TV in the past year other than a movie I put on or something. Its all about the youtube. They have their favorite streamers or whatever and just watch that shit. They also watch non game stuff too, its like stupid kids doing stupid shit and they think its the funniest thing ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sure it may not bother you, but for me its allready too much getting pressed with that in a sandbox.
I mean i could log into CS:S and shoot at anything moving just pretending it to be HL2. One habit does not transfer well into other habitats though.

tldr: This is not the droids we are looking for.

I mean I really don't care. Different strokes for different folks and all.

Its just not that big a deal unless you make it into one, which is fine. Its your money, your free time to spend it how you wish. I'm not here trying to convince you or anyone else to buy this game. I've been posting videos and shit actually to help people make up their minds if this is a game they want to play or not, and I'm well aware many will look at it, and choose not to. That's fine as well. I have no vested interest in the success or failure of this title. I'm just playing it because there's nothing else out there, and it really isn't that bad.

Its sandboxy. Not pure sandbox. If you want a 100% sandbox space game, Elite Dangerous is a pretty good fit.

I like ED a lot, but a lot of people don't. They find it boring and empty. Same complaints this game will inevitably receive, I'm sure.

Surprise most of space is empty space. Boggles my mind that some people don't get that.

I'm really not criticizing you or your opinion. I'm just saying that it gets a little irritating that nothing can ever just be "good enough" on the internet. There's always gotta be some complaint. No one can just enjoy somethings for what they are.

Its really not about you, honestly. Its more like I'm bitching about society. Same shit with Fallout 4. Everyone got so overhyped for it, they forget that it was being made by Bethesda, which meant it was inevitably going to be plauged with all the same issues any Bethsoft title has.

Day 1 here comes the complaints about the graphics, about the aging engine, about the bugs, yadda yadda. Its like "Dude, can you name me a single Bethesda developed and published title in the past 20 years all these complaints didn't apply to the day it launched?" and the answer is "No, not really" so what the fuck are they expecting?

Same shit with this game. We've seen copious amounts of footage, we've had the devs be pretty explicit about what the game is, versus what it is not. Yet we're assured to be inundated, not here necessarily, but across messages boards and such everywhere on the internet, with people complaining that the game isn't Y, when the devs and everyone has known it would be X since 3 years ago.

Rant off.

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I bought it and it's downloading to my PS4. Was waffling between PC and PS4, but I figure the kids could probably play it which sold the deal. I expect it to be a sexier Starbound (without group play for now) at least to start.

Dyvim

No offense taken, i watched your stream and appreciate the opportunity offered. I was pleasantly surprised by its smoothness graphics and overall accessability, but some things like the log just threw me off to not buying it.
I really dig Elite though. It was the first game ever played back in the day (with my dad). Its modern brother cant seem to hold my interest though for various reasons.

• 1Like