No Man's Sky

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
My PS4 unlock says 1D 8H.... that would make it 00:00 wednesday? Meh, they should at least use a euro-timezone considering they work out of the UK....

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
14 hours 55 minutes 55 seconds here.

Annnnd the patch started downloading when I logged in my ps4 as well, so it'll all be good to go at midnight.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Thats odd, I thought the release on the PS4 was global too?

Don't think so. Think its regionally staggered.

Its PC that gets a global release, but 3 days late.

The release schedule for this thing is retarded up by Sony I imagine.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Ah yes, Swedish PSN:

• Releasedatum: 10/08/2016
  • Genre: Action / Äventyr
  • Utgivare: SCEE/Hello Games
  • Utvecklare: Hello Games
So the 10th it is then....fuck. That is all kinds of retarded tbh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ah yes, Swedish PSN:

• Releasedatum: 10/08/2016
  • Genre: Action / Äventyr
  • Utgivare: SCEE/Hello Games
  • Utvecklare: Hello Games
So the 10th it is then....fuck. That is all kinds of retarded tbh.

Same in Norway. Tied to US release dates being Tuesdays and Europe having Thursdays for some reason. They usually unlock midnight though on PSN. On Steam it is usually 6pm gmt (so 7 for us) on Thursdays unless it is a global release.

EDIT: If patience is an issue (which it can be with me), you can easily create a US account, activate it as primary, buy a PSN card from play-asia, and buy it from the US store. Then just log in to your regular account and play it from there. Downside is that all DLC also need to be bought from the US store since US/EU versions aren't compatible. Done it myself, so can confirm it works.

EDIT 2: Personally holding off for the PC release anyways, since I am fairly sure the graphical upgrades they mention are coming in the patch notes only apply to the PC version.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So the patch notes look pretty good. Faith restored a little. I'll pick this up now at BB tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So the patch notes look pretty good. Faith restored a little.

Feel the same. With the initial hype machine created by the devs of "we will include these things!" to them no longer talking about certain aspects they had mentioned before, led me to believe that No Mans Sky was turning into a tech demo. With all the things that could make it great being omitted due to time/resources/technology not being there yet. Sales of NMS 1 would then lead to them being able to create No Mans Sky 2 which could be great.

If they now alter that to being able to patch things in after a while or through DLC, I can see this game being great after a while. I see this being sort of Terraria as Caliane mentioned above. Massive patches that alter the game enough to warrant a new playthrough every now and again. If I buy it for 60 now, get 20-30 hours out of it before going bored, then relaunch it after a patch in 6 months and get another 20-30 out of it, I wouldn't feel bad at the price.

Best is probably to wait for the December sale on Steam. But that is an advice I probably won't follow myself. Unless reviews (from this forum) are horrible from the PS4 release, I will buy it day one for PC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Same in Norway. Tied to US release dates being Tuesdays and Europe having Thursdays for some reason. They usually unlock midnight though on PSN. On Steam it is usually 6pm gmt (so 7 for us) on Thursdays unless it is a global release.

But... this would be Wednesday, not Thursday, which makes it odd. (Edit: Apparently Sony is treating it as an internal release and set the dates for US/UK+Europe according to that. I still dont remember any Wednesday releases thou, but Im getting old...)

I get what you are saying, but since it was posted as the 9th of august when I bought it on PSN, I was a bit annoyed with them now claiming the 10th. Dont matter much tbh, SWTOR is releasing the last chapter of their current story arch tomorrow so I guess I will get that out of the way while waiting :)

And yes, the patch notes actually looks pretty good. Could the magical day one patch really be magical?

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Guessing they call it the 10th then because it launches at midnight on the 9th? Wednesdays have never been a release date, so can't think of this release date being tied to anything other than Sony being Sony. Which I think Hodj mentioned earlier. Might be the that the PSN servers only recognize midnight releases? Never seen an activation for PSN other than midnight, and when purchasing Dark Souls 3 from the Japanese store, I think it was midnight local JPN time, but not for me. US releases are tied to midnight PST aren't they? If so, purchasing it from the US would launch it 9am on Tuesday for us?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So...yeah....that stream is making this shit look pretty decent tbh.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

More that picks up where the last one left off if anyone is interested.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I am still on the edge. Waiting on reviews from the Rererolled crew.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dunno what we could tell you that four hours of footage of the latest build won't but that's cool.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on it, really, just posting shit so people can make a judgement for themselves since there's been so much rollercoaster rides of optimism/pessimism over the game now that we have a shot to see it live, figure someone might be interested.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm watching those videos now. May bite the bullet but the price tag still makes me hesitate. For $40 or less I think it'd be a no brainer though.

The fucking console-FPS aiming is triggering me a bit

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
watched the whole video hodj posted, it looks intriguing. I wonder if you get caught in a loop of collect resources to fix stuff that then needs fixed because you were doing that leaving you feel like you aren't really getting anywhere.

The price tag though is on the high end, would like at least a few hundred hours of gameplay