No Man's Sky

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played in a while, so I jumped on to do some missions, and warped to a new system. As soon as I warped in, I see these weren't normal freighters, and got this one for free.

So now I have a (non-standard?) freighter and I'm like "well, this is cool...ok...hmmm...now what?"

1611458553818.png

1611458670056.png

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but I turned those down until I got to a system that had an actual capital freighter as the reward.

I hadn't been chasing it, but I had read you could do it in fewer warps than it probably took me.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Once again this game keeps on giving...Companions, tame procedurally created creatures.

• 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you actually do in this game?

I've seen a bunch of media for it that just involve running around. It looks visually impressive but I'm guessing there's more to the gameplay than exploration.

Do you get to shoot shit or trade like in Elite?

Cybsled

It’s very sandbox. You can shoot/fight stuff, or trade if you want. You can find derelict ships and explore them, or do quests. Explore, build bases, mine resources to use or trade, look for exotic craft, build a star fleet

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Man this is getting old, every few months they make some big update and keep improving the game...FOR FREE.

This looks pretty cool though, and much needed multiplayer oriented stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

Man this is getting old, every few months they make some big update and keep improving the game...FOR FREE.

This looks pretty cool though, and much needed multiplayer oriented stuff.

Or they are finally putting things in I paid $60 for 5 years ago

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Good for them. From where I'm sitting, they're the only game company in the history of game companies to fully "make it right".

FF14 is the only other one I know that did this.

But I agree. I bought 2 copies of NMS (PS4 and PC) on release day and got duped, but they've since made it right for me making all this free updates. They good in my book, but they better not do this again. No second chances on that shit.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Normandy can be unlocked for the next 10 days by doing the expedition or something.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Normandy can be unlocked for the next 10 days by doing the expedition or something.

Or by just getting a save editor probably.

(This is one of NMS's huge weakpoints is that everything is obtainable through a simple save editor so nothing is really competitive)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah if they ever made an NMS2 they should just include all the old features and a more MMO-like backend. Or they could store saves on a blockchain...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Or you could play the game without cheating and ruining the fun of the game you're playing for yourself.

• 1WTF

Cybsled

There's quite a few steps involved with finishing the expedition. 5 phases and took me around an hour to do the first one partially (still need to farm enough shit to be able to warp to the first point)

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I like the concept, but to me it has a different feel than normal game modes since everyone is in the same space. You don't get the same "lone traveler" feel when every rendezvous point has a hundred beacons and bases surrounding them. It is pretty handy though when there are public activated indium and crop farms close by.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I am enjoying it quite a bit, I'm 5-6 hours into the expedition. Even if I don't end up finishing (attention span, get stuck, whatever) I'll end up playing a lot more of this. I never really played it enough to get to mess with freighters and stuff, a lot of fun toys.

The biggest tip I can give you is use the teleporters at stations. People have setup bases at some objectives (crashed freighters, x type of planets, etc) to help. Spent 2+ hours today looking for a freighter and found it in seconds once we realized we could do this.

1621726927170.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Had a lot of fun with this, took about 10 hours. People who knew what they were doing surely can do it in a lot less. No longer obtainable after this weekend.

1622309411343.png

1622309486391.png

1622309536070.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users