No Man's Sky

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Did you start a new game or continue from your old one? I was thinking about doing a fresh one since I started mine before a lot of these changes

Generally between big patches its best to start a new save rather than play an old one

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The survival stuff is an afterthought on default difficulty after the first hour or so. Don't let it discourage you.
Pretty much. The curve in this game is extreme.

Essentially the first hour or two is brutal, but after that the game becomes almost trivial in all aspects. That was my biggest complaint. After a certain point (not very far in), I had almost unlimited money, unlimited resources (by the time I built my farm, I didn't need that shit anymore), and a class S ship.

Freighters were a complete waste for a similar reason, but add onto it that you have to physically go to each ship to repair it. Ignore that you have a massive crew of personnel at that point manning these ships. Nope, they need you, personally to go fix everything. So I essentially just skipped that entire part of the game. Cool in concept, atrocious in execution.

Oldbased

> Than U
Did you start a new game or continue from your old one? I was thinking about doing a fresh one since I started mine before a lot of these changes
None of my old games were there, but I have a completely new pc build since I last played.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Essentially the first hour or two is brutal, but after that the game becomes almost trivial in all aspects. That was my biggest complaint. After a certain point (not very far in), I had almost unlimited money, unlimited resources (by the time I built my farm, I didn't need that shit anymore), and a class S ship.

Freighters were a complete waste for a similar reason, but add onto it that you have to physically go to each ship to repair it. Ignore that you have a massive crew of personnel at that point manning these ships. Nope, they need you, personally to go fix everything. So I essentially just skipped that entire part of the game. Cool in concept, atrocious in execution.

My problem with freighters were it seemed my ships got damaged on every single mission. And the return wasn't worth it so I stopped caring

Oldbased

> Than U

I logged in and had 8 damaged from 7 missions. I was thinking to myself as I ran through each one repairing them in under a minute that the crew of a A class frig couldn't slap some gold wiring into a console how silly that aspect was.
Make them pull out for being damaged? Sure.
Have them repair themselves once back to the mothership? Absolutely.

Oldbased

> Than U
My problem with freighters were it seemed my ships got damaged on every single mission. And the return wasn't worth it so I stopped caring
You'll see when you have missions ***** 1 to 5 difficulty.
Be a star over it in ship makeup and you'll get very few damaged.
I am getting so many damaged because I am power leveling missions.
Each mission is bringing in 1-2 million credits + items needed to make stuff worth a ton to sell.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
You'll see when you have missions ***** 1 to 5 difficulty.
Be a star over it in ship makeup and you'll get very few damaged.
I am getting so many damaged because I am power leveling missions.
Each mission is bringing in 1-2 million credits + items needed to make stuff worth a ton to sell.

Aah okay.. and for money I just bought/sold chlorine in every system that had it for sale. You can refine chlorine plus oxygen to make 3 chlorine... it multiplies stupid fast. Credits aren't a thing in the game

Oldbased

> Than U
Aah okay.. and for money I just bought/sold chlorine in every system that had it for sale. You can refine chlorine plus oxygen to make 3 chlorine... it multiplies stupid fast. Credits aren't a thing in the game
They used to be somewhat.
I found a planet that every time a radiation storm happens crystals all over the place gives storm crystals.
I made 100 million over 2 days just grabbing those and bought a freighter, 30 ships and upgraded my main craft.
Now the cost sink is upgrade stations to max slots on everything.
After that? Collecting 6 exotic ships.
No Man's Sky is basically a sandbox. The goal is get what you want, even if you have to sit at a space port for days to find a ship with the wings, color and stats you want.

Also sending your frigates out levels them. They'll self upgrade to B, A and S and remove neg effects over time and add bonus ones.
Eventually you'll have 30 class S frigs with crazy stats. Then the rewards really flow.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Also I will say the resolution upscale is the best thing they added to NMS.
Sadly my 2060 super only does 160% before it starts to croak on all ultra settings.
It goes up to 250 which I assume is full 4k.
Since I am running 2k monitor, I am not sure if that would be 125% or what, but I've noticed past 160 the mouse and fps drop to unacceptable levels. So I run at 150%

Also like last time I played, I found myself making 3 massive farm rooms on the freighter. About 50x4 plots in each out of sight for load issues( used to bug out if too many in sight ). Then I make cyro pumps and stuff off it. Basically each time I log in I'll soon get 40 million credits+ for 3 minutes work between building stuff I grew and missions without even leaving freighter. Sadly for me this is where NMS becomes just a hour a day get away, but I guess 7D2D, HEAT and other games I play is the same eventuallly.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
2 patches ago I had an auto farm set up farming an S class activated indium node and was making like 400m everytime I logged in. I think they nerfed how many miners you can put down on one node tho

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Boredom + Alcohol

This fucker runs around at about 30mph

1607490919521.png

1607490823323.png

1607490625911.png

1607490626611.png

• 12Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm lmao over here. Naming it teekey and those picture angles is just to good.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've left a lot of stupid stuff around, but the galaxy is so large that no one will probably ever stumble across any of it. I need to screenshot more stuff.

I'm not sure if adult names and language would slide

1607492306026.png

1607492385394.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I was so careful about digging up things when I started. Scanning, walking a bit further, scanning again, surgically excavating...

Now I just literally dig for shit like this:

760LlQS.gif

giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm not a fan of the weather.

Firestorm detected
ok let me afk chill in my ship
get bored waiting
alt-tab out and do something else for a few
get sucked into something else, remember about NMS 30m later
jump back in; storm is gone!
get 30 steps away from ship...firestorm detected...

• 1Worf

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bring mats to recharge your suit and make ur suit better so storm dont hurt you as much and then just ignore them

Cybsled

It's worth getting the environmental suit shields. Can just recharge them on the fly and they will let you effectively function in any adverse weather.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Ya, I was being cheesy and skimped on shields just carrying around 100 ion batteries but some planets those storms are brutal. The specialized shields last much longer.

Finished off my main fighter tonight which is still A class but 48/12 slots and I am running 28 parts/upgrades.
Freighter is now A class with 35 slots. Multitools all A class 24 slot maxed in tech.
Got 2 billion credits saved up and my 29 frigates are all S/A/Bs now. I keep one free so I can hunt around for some special good ones.
I got a radon farm I drop by each night for a minute to collect my 10k radon. Between my plant center and that and converting it to nitrogen/sulp using salt/carbon to make the items using only 100 each gas per I cash out about 300 million a night on selling igniters/statis parts for 15 million each.
Exosuit is max/max/all buy 4 but not in a rush now I carry a freighter on my back.

I LOVE the frigate missions from the tainted dealer and spend a lot of time hunting odd stuff in space. That is new since I last played.
Since I am well settled in now, I am mostly hunting cool looking ships/freighters and doing some of the new content/missions.
Eventually I'll build a underwater base because I haven't yet as well and I suppose a proper planet base at some point.

• 1Like