No Man's Sky

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The amount of crashes on ps4 is just insane, pretty much one every hour for me. Not sure how this passed "certification", should have been a month more in QA to squish all these crashing bugs.

Odd because I've seen very few and have played a long time. I wonder if it is something with your world seed causing the blue screen of death.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ran like ass on my computer. My set up should be able to run it np but it had many.

Btw, steam has that 14 days/2 hours played refund thing so if you just want to see if your setup can run it, 2 hours will do it.

Ladro

Anomaly
The best way to upgrade ships IMO is to wait at the space station and have moola. Lots of stuff comes in and out and after a bit you'll see some decent upgrades. 16 to 24 or so. Move on some and then repeat. The downed ships can be a PIA fixing everything depending on what is broken and the resources available. I've yet to find anything worth taking always 1 or 4 slots over what I have. Not worth it.

I sort of agree but I think it would be fine if you bring all the parts necessary to upgrade. At bare minimum, 500 zinc and 500 heridium should be on you at all times. I can't find zinc for shit right now and my old ship disappeared on me after I ran away far enough. Going on 2 hours now wandering around the planet trying to find a station to buy some at.

On the flip side, I've found a ton of suit upgrades along the way, so there's that.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ran like ass on my computer. My set up should be able to run it np but it had many.

Btw, steam has that 14 days/2 hours played refund thing so if you just want to see if your setup can run it, 2 hours will do it.

Runs like shit on mine too. Not sure if the 2500k is the limiting factor based on some of the other things posted here. This isn't really my kind of game or genre but the POIs are scratching that Assassin's Creed OCD gotta visit them all itch. Otherwise there's almost nothing I like about it. Feels like EQ Landmark in space. The interface is annoying, having to reset the game for any video option change is ridiculous... Just some QOL things that make it frustrating to get in to from an outsider's view.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The best way to upgrade ships IMO is to wait at the space station and have moola. Lots of stuff comes in and out and after a bit you'll see some decent upgrades. 16 to 24 or so. Move on some and then repeat. The downed ships can be a PIA fixing everything depending on what is broken and the resources available. I've yet to find anything worth taking always 1 or 4 slots over what I have. Not worth it.

True... If you have cash. Finding Heridum, Iron, Plutonium is generally really easy but finding the next 3.3 mil isn't easy for me. I have 45 slots on my exo and a 25 slot ship atm and am hording my cash to get up to 48 exo slots (max??) Then I'll start buying ships with $$$. You are entirely right that each ship upgrade is only +1 when it is even an upgrade but it has always been free so I'm happy :)

purGe

Molten Core Raider
Well shit, i may have fucked myself. Found a ship with 25 slots, swapped over and proceeded to upgrade only to discover I need Zinc and there seems to be zero on the planet I'm on.

If you are in a bind you could try dismantling your ship's upgrades, hell even a multi-tool upgrade if it gives you the element you need. It says what resources you get if you hover over each one.

purGe

Molten Core Raider
I definitely recommend using the dupe bug to avoid all the bullshit parts of the game, namely farming endlessly crap to make money so you can buy stuff. Dupe bug is super easy, just go out into space, find a space station, go inside, put some valuable stuff in your ship cargo, empty out your suit, save twice (hop in and out of the ship), go outside the station, shoot at the station, die to the sentinals that come out, when the death animations are over reload the PREVIOUS save, you'll find your entire inv in your current ship - move it over to suit, fly out to your graveyard, pick up all the items and tada dupes of everything.

game is way more fun when you have 10m credits and just cruise around checking shit out instead of the constant frantic "FUCK IMMA OUTTA EVERYTHING GOTTA FARM FOR 20 MINUTES SO I CAN MOVE FOR 2"

Honestly there are moments in this game that make farming credits worth it. I found this one planet with sac venom plants that sell for like 25k a pop but they trigger 2 flying sentinels and the cat sentinel. I would just pop a few sac venom plants and melee hop away and constantly juke them before making it back to a trade post to unload and make like 500k every 5 mins. The only bullshit part of the game is scanning creatures when you're trying to get 100% and you can't find that last fucker.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
the "Bypass Chip" trick is just sitting at a terminal and making Bypass Chips to sell. Only takes a tiny bit of materials to craft.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
LOL at that video!

Ok so just a few things as I am deeper into the game now after last night.

I bought a 24 slot ship. Why can't I transfer anything but resources over to the new ship? Or am I missing something here? I had a fully fueled hyperdrive, some upgrades that I want to bring over that were better than the ones on the new ship - and I also want to change the layout because I am not getting bonus/adjacent icons - and right now from what I see the only way to go about this is to dismantle everything to place in different areas of the slots so I can say, place my cannon upgrades next to the cannon slot which gives bonuses inherently. Am I missing something here? Or is this the only way to do it.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
LOL at that video!

Ok so just a few things as I am deeper into the game now after last night.

I bought a 24 slot ship. Why can't I transfer anything but resources over to the new ship? Or am I missing something here? I had a fully fueled hyperdrive, some upgrades that I want to bring over that were better than the ones on the new ship - and I also want to change the layout because I am not getting bonus/adjacent icons - and right now from what I see the only way to go about this is to dismantle everything to place in different areas of the slots so I can say, place my cannon upgrades next to the cannon slot which gives bonuses inherently. Am I missing something here? Or is this the only way to do it.

No it is kind of stupid. You have to dismantle the old upgrades on your ship, get the fraction of the supplies and redo them. If you have a fully charged warp drive you are just fucked and lose out. Really best to just slow feed the warp drive as you need so you don't get screwed if you find a better ship.

IF you got something on the ship that you maybe didn't pick up a plan for and you destroy it you're fucked on that until you get the print. So be cautious.

Honestly it doesn't make much sense that you can't move around components once placed. Also doesn't make much sense that you own a ship with item_774 but can't make it. Once you get something you should be able to move it, remove it and remake it.

Ladro

Anomaly
If you are in a bind you could try dismantling your ship's upgrades, hell even a multi-tool upgrade if it gives you the element you need. It says what resources you get if you hover over each one.

Didn't think of that! Thanks. Sadly, nothing I have can be broken down into Zinc so I guess I need to keep trudging along until I find an outpost with a terminal.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No it is kind of stupid. You have to dismantle the old upgrades on your ship, get the fraction of the supplies and redo them. If you have a fully charged warp drive you are just fucked and lose out. Really best to just slow feed the warp drive as you need so you don't get screwed if you find a better ship.

IF you got something on the ship that you maybe didn't pick up a plan for and you destroy it you're fucked on that until you get the print. So be cautious.

Honestly it doesn't make much sense that you can't move around components once placed. Also doesn't make much sense that you own a ship with item_774 but can't make it. Once you get something you should be able to move it, remove it and remake it.

That's horrible. They should concentrate on the next patch resolving those issues instead of worrying about SSE support for AMD CPU's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't own the game myself still but people were saying if you break down a ship item you get the blueprint for it if you don't have it already? Basically, dismantle your old ship before hopping into a new one sounds like the way to go.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I don't own the game myself still but people were saying if you break down a ship item you get the blueprint for it if you don't have it already? Basically, dismantle your old ship before hopping into a new one sounds like the way to go.

I could be remembering wrong, entirely possible. However I don't think that is the case. You do get the materials but IIRC I wasn't able to build the item when I got caught with that. Same thing with the multi tool.

I'm sure someone will confirm or deny that. I'm doing another play through now and next opportunity I'll try.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have never gotten a recipe from breaking down an upgrade but then I don't know if I've ever broken down an upgrade I didn't already make either.

If you wanna max your ship just spend a few hours on a planet making bypass chips and searching for transmissions. Save up 10 ship waypoints, then run around the planet claiming incrementally better ships. Rinse and repeat to 48.

Edit - I also have read that Gek transmission tower buildings are bugged and let you search for multiple ships at once.

Great way to get some materials, deconstruct every upgrade you can on each ship.

Also, you can switch back to your original ship each time if you want. It wont disappear unless you leave the planet or reload the game after switching.

Last edited:

Juvarisx

Florida
There is a new experimental patch on Steam. Looks like the performance issues were mostly resolved, just make sure you get the new nVidia drivers to go with that came out yesterday.