[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

iannis

Musty Nester
The joke is in the difference between intonation. You read that joke twice. The first time you read it you go, "whu? That's dumb". Then you read it a second time but use Yodas voice in your mind, and you snicker.

I should have realized that that joke would start a semantics war. Star Trek nerds are some SERIOUS business.

But I honestly didn't. I just thought it was cute.

I'm sorry.

About everything.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Can someone explain the Yoda joke to me please? I just don't get it. Why are the numbers wrong?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Can someone explain the Yoda joke to me please? I just don't get it. Why are the numbers wrong?
i think the numbers are wrong so it corresponds with the star wars movie series. yoda was in Empires(5) and is afraid of the new movie (7) because the eighth movie (yoda film?) ruined jedi? (6)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i think the numbers are wrong so it corresponds with the star wars movie series. yoda was in Empires(5) and is afraid of the new movie (7) because the eighth movie (yoda film?) ruined jedi? (6)
Just when I thought the responses to the yoda joke couldn't get any dumber, Astr0 comes in with a fucking slam dunk.

qxx_sl

shitlord
I hate to do this, but your entire point is invalidated because you showed your ass. The nephew of chewie, lowbaca, did not have a speech impediment. He had a mini protocol droid that he carried around. The one with the speech impediment that you're thinking of was only in a couple of books, and I don't remember if he was even directly related to chewie.

If you had read any of the EU, you'd know killing chewie was way worse. Anakin played just as big a part in the stories after his death as he did before.
It was a wookiee in Heir to the Empire that basically bodyguarded Leia and Chewie around on Kashyyyk; not related to Chewbacca.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Interview with Domhnall Gleeson. I suspect Star Wars won't be quite like his directorial debut:

...his family has something of a history of causing consternation in this restaurant. It was here - "possibly in this very seat" - that his father made the fateful decision to watch his son's writing and directorial debut, a 2009 short called What Will Survive of Us, unaware that this Todd Solondz-inspired work was largely concerned with the topic of anal sex. "He didn't even put headphones on," he recalls. "He just played the file I'd sent him. My younger brother was the lead. So he's sat in here, watching a scene where my brother starts masturbating and screaming, 'Take it up your arse, you fucking bitch.' So yeah, that was good."
Domhnall Gleeson: the force is with him | Film | The Guardian

(hardly anything about Star Wars in the interview)