[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Radge_sl

shitlord
Not an X-Wing, since (as you mentioned) it has dual engines vs the X-Wings quad engines.

HOWEVER, I don't think its a Z95 due to the quad laser cannons. Z95's only have single laser per S-foil. Overall, I'd say it looks more like a heavily modified Z95.

If I had to guess though, I'd say its just an updated version of the X-Wing. I mean, it is set 30ish years later. Take a look at the S-foils, you can just barely see a gap there. Its really just a question of where the S-foils split at. Either after the engine (for a shorter "X") or perhaps the engines themselves split into two as part of the S-foil. Dunno.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I'm guessing X-Wing mk(whatever) - two weapons at the end of each wing plus split exhausts for the engines, so s-foils therefore X-Wing. Each engine is in a hemispherical housing, that's all.

E: Stolen from elsewhere, Ralph McQuarrie's original X-wing design from the 70s -
7c5rsy6.jpg

So yeah, like that.
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm guessing X-Wing mk(whatever) - two weapons at the end of each wing plus split exhausts for the engines, so s-foils therefore X-Wing. Each engine is in a hemispherical housing, that's all.

E: Stolen from elsewhere, Ralph McQuarrie's original X-wing design from the 70s -
7c5rsy6.jpg

So yeah, like that.
smile.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At what point did a hand floating through the galaxy at light speed+, surviving orbital decay, and crash landing on a desert planet not sound like bullshit?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Malakriss already pointed it out, but the biggest thing to me is the fact that the hand had to have been traveling in hyperspace to have made it to another fucking planet in Luke's lifetime.

*edit*

Someone just reminded me that he lost his hand on Cloud City, for some reason I was thinking he lost his hand on the Death Star. So add 'escaping the gravity well of a gas giant' to the many things his severed hand has managed.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Malakriss already pointed it out, but the biggest thing to me is the fact that the hand had to have been traveling in hyperspace to have made it to another fucking planet in Luke's lifetime.

*edit*

Someone just reminded me that he lost his hand on Cloud City, for some reason I was thinking he lost his hand on the Death Star. So add 'escaping the gravity well of a gas giant' to the many things his severed hand has managed.
The only way it's plausible is if some junk hauler is bringing a load to Tattoine and it breaks loose.

But it's bullshit. Just some small site trying to get hits. I think it would have made more plausible had it been Vaders hand and saber.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So are they getting rid of Leia running the new republic, Han being her husband, and Luke refounding the Jedi? AkA all of them hanging out togather basically for decades on Corscant.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It'd be cool if they went with the original ending for rotj where luke pulled a revan and disappeared into the outer rim, Han died and Leia became leader of the republuc. Clearly Han is still alive but that bogus script leak said Luke hadn't been seen in 30 years.