[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Cowboys and Aliens was absolutely not good. Ford fell into the Hollywood trap of playing himself over and over, at this point. Or his character. He is no longer embodying a part in a movie.
Yea, this. I don't really look forward to Ford's performances much nowadays. I did like Morning Glory, but he didn't have to carry the whole film with his angry old man bit.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Someone just released a torrent of one they cut together from various sources. Haven't had a chance to watch it, but it claims to be basically the original, theatrical cut.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Yea, this. I don't really look forward to Ford's performances much nowadays. I did like Morning Glory, but he didn't have to carry the whole film with his angry old man bit.
For me he should have retired gracefully maybe 15 years back. The first time I realised there was something wrong was during a promo he cut for Uncharted 2 where he's sitting playing the game and commenting on the action. He looked like a geriatric grandpa who's grandson had given him the controller and he had no idea what the fuck was going on and had probably just pissed himself. All he would be good for nowadays is a Weekend at Bernies remake.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Someone should dig up that commercial.

Harrison Ford is still a great actor, the problem is that he doesn't care anymore. He's what we call a functional drug addict

Caliane

Yeah he can totally sell "grizzled old Jedi master" with that look plus, you know, he's probably the best actorat this pointout of the original three. Yeah, yeah, Harrison Ford. What was the last one of his films anyone actuallyliked?
The joker and Firelord Ozai probably should do the voice of an alien or droid.
And yeah, No grandpa ford at all.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
^^ Second that.

I had been given a birthday present back in the mid-later 90s of a box set, VHS versions of the original trilogy. This was before even the re-SFX releases came out, there was some word on this VHS box set that it would be your last chance to have the trilogy in it's original form.

I didn't believe that was right plus I thought that the re-SFX versions would be better. So i didn't pay it too much attention, I lent the tapes to my sister a few years later because she wanted them for her infant kids. It then took me a number of years before realizing that I'd want them back.

I can't imagine what sort of state those poor VHS tapes would be in now. I've chosen not to ask also because it's most likely that they've been chewed in a machine or something similar. And me making a point of wanting them back to safe-guard them ( since it was becoming clear that Lucas was going to be a dick and only recognise the re-worked versions) would likely be bad for both sides when we all find out the condition of the tapes.

Hooray for Disney

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is the best news I've heard this year.
Finally ffs. Still have the trilogy VHS before those horrible modifications.
Of course, if it's true, Disney know that this decision will make them even richer.even so, fuck yeah Disney!
and fuck you George Lucas.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Thank fuck, I might be able to finally retire this and get rid of the laserdisc player that is for this and my first copy of ANH

rrr_img_73808.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah Fox retains those rights, and there is currently no love lost between those media giants.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
At some point, someone who has an IQ over 20 will realize that the original, unaltered, cinema trilogy re-released will make hundreds of millions of dollars (if not billions) and make it happen.

Chris

Potato del Grande
At some point, someone who has an IQ over 20 will realize that the original, unaltered, cinema trilogy re-released will make hundreds of millions of dollars (if not billions) and make it happen.
How did the few thousand nerds who know the difference get that much money?